PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share update
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Share update  (Read 10879 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Share update
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »

This is no surprise: we'd need someone with serious money to get beyond the due diligence stage. I can't see the Club attracting this kind of investor without a convincing, ambitious and engaging strategic vision: the Club doesn't have one. It had a "strategic review" which wasn't strategic. But there are people with serious money out there - the evidence is already there to see elsewhere.  The danger is, that ultimately the shares will end up being sold off in chunks, because we'll need the cash to fight the fires of semi pro football.

We can do that in part through branding the club and selling a narrative to the prospective buyers, the problem is that businesspeople aren’t silly - any marketing effort to sell the club to them will look very transparent when they get down to the meat and potatoes of what the club actually is.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 01:39:48 PM »

Football wise the team are doing well.

Off the pitch maybe people see us as a sinking ship, No stewards,
crowd problems at at least 2 games etc.

Surrounded by the North west riches people and no one has come forward.
I have no idea what the answer but as someone who gave over 20 years
voluntary service to the club my interest in it at is present state is slowly dying,
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »

I think the points that Matt makes are both pertinent and poignant.

The entire share selling has lacked any kind of input from the board or Dom McGuinness.

The process has not been supported or pushed in any way and the “laissez-faire” approach by the board is distinctly disrespectful, disturbing and shows that they do not want to change.

There was a football business convention in manchester not long after the plan to sell shares was announced, yet absolutely nothing was done to put together a package to show what was available and no representatives were sent to put forward this club.

The board have failed to keep us updated with what they are proactively doing, which gives the impression that they are sitting on their hands and are happy that the support is split and they are happy with the direction the club is going.

The lack of leadership at the top of the club shows complete disdain for those “below” them, and that is not acceptable.

Dom McGuinness needs to step forward and tell us what he has done to sell the club, why there has been no public announcements surrounding these shares being available, why somebody who has such good contacts has not used these in any way and why we have not heard anything from him in 6 months. In short, he needs to justify why we are utilising his expertise.

As things stand, the minimal credibility that the board still has is diminishing, and it’s only a matter of time before things all come to a head again.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »

Are there any ex professional footballers interested in investing in Alty, like Giggsy and Co did at Salford City.

They are now a club on the rise, so why not Alty?

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 06:38:21 PM »

The lack of leadership is prminent by its lethargy.

Folk are throwing money at a clearly dying club in hartlepool...we have far more potential than them at the moment.

This is an absolutly unique investment opportunity as the investment goes straight into the club...not to some former chairman or to pay off debts or clear players wages.

We should be being told to get this out on linkedin and push local media...

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 06:38:34 PM »

I think the points that Matt makes are both pertinent and poignant.

The entire share selling has lacked any kind of input from the board or Dom McGuinness.

The process has not been supported or pushed in any way and the “laissez-faire” approach by the board is distinctly disrespectful, disturbing and shows that they do not want to change.

There was a football business convention in manchester not long after the plan to sell shares was announced, yet absolutely nothing was done to put together a package to show what was available and no representatives were sent to put forward this club.

The board have failed to keep us updated with what they are proactively doing, which gives the impression that they are sitting on their hands and are happy that the support is split and they are happy with the direction the club is going.

The lack of leadership at the top of the club shows complete disdain for those “below” them, and that is not acceptable.

Dom McGuinness needs to step forward and tell us what he has done to sell the club, why there has been no public announcements surrounding these shares being available, why somebody who has such good contacts has not used these in any way and why we have not heard anything from him in 6 months. In short, he needs to justify why we are utilising his expertise.

As things stand, the minimal credibility that the board still has is diminishing, and it’s only a matter of time before things all come to a head again.

Spot on. Compare the club now to 12 months ago, and the fundamental difference is a team that now wins games (albeit at a lower level). Problem after problem that was highlighted has either not been addressed or barely addressed and new problems have since emerged such as stewarding.

All it takes is a drop in form and a string of bad results and the cracks will appear very quickly. I have enough faith in PP to keep the excellent football performances going, I have little faith in the board to put through the crucial changes we are meant to be seeing.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 02:14:37 PM »

To be fair to Grahame Rowley and the board, they recognised that the skills and contacts required to sell the shares don’t currently exist at board level, and took the sensible decision to engage the services of a third party to operate on their behalf. Therefore, I’d be interested to know,

* Where is the glossy brochure, or ‘investor pack’, to sell the club to potential investors?

* Where are the ‘investor days, we should be holding at the club?

* Where is the social media plan to raise awareness?

* Why are we not utilising every available media opportunity at the club (of which there has been many) to talk about the shares?

* Has anything else happened to advertise the shares since the club released a 3 paragraph statement on John Laidler’s website last June?

In short, what the f**k is actually being done, proactively, by this third party to raise awareness and sell the shares? Does anyone at the club still think that the current third party is the right one to act in the best interests of the club? And, who at the club is responsible for over-seeing this to make sure they are doing everything they can to find the right investors?

I think most people recognise that making a formal offer (such as in this case) doesn’t automatically make anyone the right people to take the club forward, but the above questions are not unreasonable for the board to be answering given the lack of action and progress over the past 9 months.

A social media campaign to raise awareness of the investment opportunity is more than achievable. We’ve just never been given the green light.

I know you’re aware, but just so everyone else is, I’ve not been asked to advertise the shares on the club’s social media channels. I did enquire about what I can possibly post, but I never had a response. Obviously this is a sensitive area, and one that I don’t have an understanding of, so I naturally haven’t pursued it further in case it jeopardised something.

It’s quite obvious what we need to do to really make a go of attracting potential suitors. Matt’s post above is, as usual, a good one.

This truly baffles me, are we serious about trying to move the club forward and attract new investment or not, as it appears we are trying to market the opportunity with both hands tied behind our back. Its stuff like this that Parky needs to understand when he gripes in post game interviews, not the football, not the team but the current custodians of the club who are holding us back.

How many fans are still keeping away because of G Rowley? Will they only return when Graham has left? I totally understand and respect their right to stay away but If it was me Id feel like I was losing out because the stuff being played is pretty good at the moment and the team has more character and personality than any ive seen since 2005.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:12 AM »

The final paragraph of the Club’s statement is the most revealing, through what it doesn’t say rather than what it does. What it says is:  ““The board are committed to continue to strengthen the management structure of the club, including at board level.”
What it doesn’t say is: “The Club is redoubling its efforts to attract new potential investors with a bold and ambitious vision, and is proactively marketing this vision through a number of channels”
The emphasis on “management structure” is distinctly inward looking.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 09:07:40 AM »

Whilst i agree with some of the sentiment on here, it cannot be a lack of vision that stops potential investors.  Any self respecting investor will have their own vision, thats what they are buying a club for, they shouldnt need one put on a plate for them prior to investing.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »

Whilst i agree with some of the sentiment on here, it cannot be a lack of vision that stops potential investors.  Any self respecting investor will have their own vision, thats what they are buying a club for, they shouldnt need one put on a plate for them prior to investing.

They can’t have a vision if they aren’t aware that the club is for sale.

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »

The work Andrew and Jack do is superb but with Rowley in charge there pissing in the wind,also I will add Rowley doesn't want outsiders who want the club to move forward here,his ego won't allow it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:34:14 AM by Jimmy »

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »

Yes, investors may well have their own vision. It’s called leadership.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »

The work Andrew and Jack do is superb but with Rowley in charge there pissing in the wind,also I will add Rowley doesn't want outsiders who want the club to move forward here,his ego won't allow it.

If the board simply realised that Andrew and Jack would serve them better INSIDE the tent pissing OUT.......

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »

Ironic that this debate should be taking place here as this link from this forum's own homepage doesn't work.

WANT TO INVEST IN ALTRINCHAM FC??
Click here for details -
http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=5069/title=alt

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 01:34:06 PM »

Yes, investors may well have their own vision. It’s called leadership.

They may have their own way to deliver the vision, but I think 90% of people coming on board would want success
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share update