PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stafford - Match Thread  (Read 7850 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »

A good result on a cold afternoon.

the ref was annoyingly significant with his petty lectures which constantly interrupted the game.

the linesman on the side opposite the dugouts was a fkn disaster in black who thought it a good idea to either be 5 yds behind or 5 yds in front of the last defender.

It was good to hear the Alty fans give the Stafford fans a belated response to their opening day rant about us going down like a lead balloon.

Jordon Hulme was quality yet again and a special mention to TT for some very good saves.

Onwards and upwards

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »

It wasn't a good game, but it was a good result on a dreadful surface. Agree with others that Hampson and TT in particular were brilliant today. What Stockport were thinking releasing Hampson I'll never know.Poole and JJ looked a bit off, but I'm not sure the surface really benefited their respective games.
I was speaking to a number of pleasant, but very disgruntled Stafford fans in the first half, unhappy that their only decent striker was on the bench and embarrassed at the state of their relatively newly laid pitch! I haven't seen every game this season, but a couple of defenders apart, they were definitely the worst team I've seen.
Well done PP and all the players. We march on...

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »

I thought the team were some way off the standards they have set themselves and the first half was bookended by two excellent Thompson saves which were worth two goals in themselves. The introduction of Richman stopped the Stafford frontmen being able to turn and run at our back four and thereafter we gradually turned the screw. Superbly taken first goal for the second week running from Jordan Hulme and a cool head shown by Ben Harrison for the second. They ground that out today and in the end were worthy winners - great stuff.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:44:45 PM by JTH »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »

What Stockport were thinking releasing Hampson I'll never know.

He's not the first decent player released by a club because he didn't get on with the manager. We picked up Scott Leather from Preston because his face didn't fit with Graham Westley.

In both cases, their loss.....our gain.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 10:19:10 PM »

On difficult pitches were in the results part of the season and regardless of the league we are in , it reminds me of the sort of form we showed when winning the APL way back when.

We ground out the result and deserved the victory. Thought TT was excellent today. 2 great saves. Hulme is superb at what he does.

Away form is very impressive, well worth the trip down the M6 for the match.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:46 PM »

It’s no criticism of the shift that Max Harrop put in, but we were dominant after the introduction of Simon Richman. Him and Moult are really demonstrating their pedigree at this level.

Two standout performances were, as mentioned above, from Tony Thompson and Connor Hampson. Both had fantastic games. One step closer to getting out of this league. On a side note, we’re also starting to rebuilding our vocal support. Hasn’t felt quite right at most aways this season, but today and last Saturday at Farsley we’ve really got behind them.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 11:43:40 PM »

It’s no criticism of the shift that Max Harrop put in, but we were dominant after the introduction of Simon Richman. Him and Moult are really demonstrating their pedigree at this level.

Two standout performances were, as mentioned above, from Tony Thompson and Connor Hampson. Both had fantastic games. One step closer to getting out of this league. On a side note, we’re also starting to rebuilding our vocal support. Hasn’t felt quite right at most aways this season, but today and last Saturday at Farsley we’ve really got behind them.

That roof massively helped today, as did the roof at Farsley.

It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »

Another win and another clean sheet and revenge is sweet for the opening day and Staffords incredibly giddy support that day.

The AQUAFORCE not winning at home to Whitby is a major stumble as well, by the week I’m getting more confident that we’ll finish top.

Well played yet again to PP and all the lads, you are restoring our pride once more.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafford - Match Thread