PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One Year On:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: One Year On:  (Read 6037 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
One Year On:
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:21:02 AM »

As we are close to a year since the review presentation, I thought I’d look back on it and see how we were fairing

The most Pertinent slide is “fan board relations”:

Marketing Manager
Email distribution list
3-monthly meetings with board and fans
Fan Representation on the board
Reviews to continued annually
Build on social media

I wonder if the club could provide an update on when the next “5-year” plan  review is taking place, and where the 5 (not including social media) items on the above list have got to.

I’ll be emailing the same to both the board and the SLO to give them the opportunity to respond
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

Re: One Year On:
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:40:28 AM »

There should be a full update on all 6 parts, including the social media side. I'm not sure why this would be excluded?

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:50:40 AM »

There should be a full update on all 6 parts, including the social media side. I'm not sure why this would be excluded?

What do people want to know?

Alty5678

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »

What progress has been made on each point, is what I'm guessing the original post was asking for. A 'this is what we said' 'this is what we've done' update?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »

What progress has been made on each point, is what I'm guessing the original post was asking for. A 'this is what we said' 'this is what we've done' update?

5678, Andrew runs the social media so he was being genuine in asking what would people like to know.

I discounted social media from original post as it’s more public so people can see what goes on, unlike the others.

However Andrew and I will add an update on here later
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »

Thanks for clarifying.

It would be good to get the full update, to include the positive steps that have been taken on things such as social media. Let's not ignore the positives, as many people still may not be aware of these.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »

It would be good to get the full update, to include the positive steps that have been taken on things such as social media.

Always assuming that there have been any positive steps.

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »

I read the review again yesterday, there is a lot of stuff in it with actions for 2018, probably too much for the club to focus on in my opinion. I am always slightly perplexed by these sort of reviews because they touch every aspect of a business and point out areas that need to be addressed and lots of people run off to try to fix a bit, too many items and you cannot focus. If you have a couple of goals on top of your day to day life you can work towards them; however if you have 10, 20 or more it is improbable that you will reach them all.
For me as well as running the club and coping with all of the usual bumps in the road there should only be 2 or 3 target goals at a time.
First Team promotion is probably the first goal and most important, so once the lights are on at the club, any extra energy, time and resource needs to be focused there. As a fan I can influence promotion, I can turn up on Saturday, buy a drink and programme, enjoy the game and also encourage my mates to come along swelling the numbers, we can all see the league table so we can track the performance against the target, at the moment the target is still in focus.
But then what is the next goal assuming that those people involved have any time or energy left?
It could be the sale of shares, it could be promotion of the club in the community... there are any number of worthy goals, but again focus is key.
Loads of people do great work around the club from board members, to ground crew, first/ ladies/ reserve/ junior teams staff and players, press and media. Chapo to all of the volunteers

For me a review of the review or update would be a good thing, but I think it would be great to get a handle on what the current goals are, not a long list but what is top of the list and how I as an ordinary fan can relate to it and possibly influence if I have the skills or ability.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 05:05:01 PM »

It would be good to get the full update, to include the positive steps that have been taken on things such as social media. Let's not ignore the positives, as many people still may not be aware of these.

For those interested, because we don't really have any other platform to update you all on and also for my own benefit as I'll have to type this at some point anyway.

SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE:

What have we done since the start of the season?

1. Won the Marathon Bet Non League Challenge. Thank you to all of your help in sharing the tweet far and wide, it provided the club with a cash injection of £2,000: https://twitter.com/altrinchamfc/status/894889254110638081

2. Launched an Altrincham FC Spotify account. Developed a relationship with local business 'Honey Beat Vinyl Cafe' who provide us with match day playlists. Helping you to engage with our players through their Robins Playlist choices: https://open.spotify.com/user/altrinchamafc

3. Launched an Altrincham FC WhatsApp broadcast service. Direct news bulletins and match day updates delivered straight to fans' phones. Over 300 sign ups for a 'first of its kind' fan update strategy: https://www.facebook.com/altrinchamfc/videos/10155739377218894/

4. Launched the Fantasy Football game. Thank you to everyone who signed up and gave the game a go, we're always learning with this one and we hope you bare in mind that we're running this through an external website. Learning all the time with this one and we thank you for your patience: https://altrincham.fantasyclubfootball.co.uk/

5. Hired a #FootballManagerManager. We conducted mock interviews with dozens of Football Manager YouTube content creators via Twitter DM, and appointed Loki Doki as the man to play through the game as Altrincham and document his journey online. His series is a week old and has already amassed 80,000 YouTube views: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4a8sN3TeTm8Tlfolr9zhPpyPy85NI6F0

6. Launched a downloadable fixture calendar for smart phones. Seamlessly fits into your phone's calendar and updates when there are any changes: https://www.stanza.co/@altrinchamfc#/v1/

7. Added an automated reply on the Facebook page. Being volunteers, we found that we weren't fully equipped to respond to some of the enquiries we were getting through the Facebook page. There is now an automated response service that directs people to the correct contact resource.

8. Improving our match day updates on Twitter. We're working with Mike Ripley to provide at least 2 or 3 live photos throughout the course of the 90 minutes. We'd like to thank him for his hard work and openness to providing a high standard of content for you all to enjoy! EDIT: And of course, Mr Gavin Rathbone as well.

As you can see, the majority of what we've been doing has been centred around providing fans with a fun and useful experience by dragging us into the modern day and making us relevant. We hope to start leveraging some commercial value out of the platforms now, we couldn't be in a better position to do so really. With the reach we currently have there is absolutely no reason why we can't start partnering with the right businesses to bring in either funds or services to help the club.

Andrew & Jack
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:07:14 PM by Andrew Flynn »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »

For those interested, because we don't really have any other platform to update you all on and also for my own benefit as I'll have to type this at some point anyway.

SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE:

What have we done since the start of the season?

1. Won the Marathon Bet Non League Challenge. Thank you to all of your help in sharing the tweet far and wide, it provided the club with a cash injection of £2,000: https://twitter.com/altrinchamfc/status/894889254110638081

2. Launched an Altrincham FC Spotify account. Developed a relationship with local business 'Honey Beat Vinyl Cafe' who provide us with match day playlists. Helping you to engage with our players through their Robins Playlist choices: https://open.spotify.com/user/altrinchamafc

3. Launched an Altrincham FC WhatsApp broadcast service. Direct news bulletins and match day updates delivered straight to fans' phones. Over 300 sign ups for a 'first of its kind' fan update strategy: https://www.facebook.com/altrinchamfc/videos/10155739377218894/

4. Launched the Fantasy Football game. Thank you to everyone who signed up and gave the game a go, we're always learning with this one and we hope you bare in mind that we're running this through an external website. Learning all the time with this one and we thank you for your patience: https://altrincham.fantasyclubfootball.co.uk/

5. Hired a #FootballManagerManager. We conducted mock interviews with dozens of Football Manager YouTube content creators via Twitter DM, and appointed Loki Doki as the man to play through the game as Altrincham and document his journey online. His series is a week old and has already amassed 80,000 YouTube views: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4a8sN3TeTm8Tlfolr9zhPpyPy85NI6F0

6. Launched a downloadable fixture calendar for smart phones. Seamlessly fits into your phone's calendar and updates when there are any changes: https://www.stanza.co/@altrinchamfc#/v1/

7. Added an automated reply on the Facebook page. Being volunteers, we found that we weren't fully equipped to respond to some of the enquiries we were getting through the Facebook page. There is now an automated response service that directs people to the correct contact resource.

8. Improving our match day updates on Twitter. We're working with Mike Ripley to provide at least 2 or 3 live photos throughout the course of the 90 minutes. We'd like to thank him for his hard work and openness to providing a high standard of content for you all to enjoy! EDIT: And of course, Mr Gavin Rathbone as well.

As you can see, the majority of what we've been doing has been centred around providing fans with a fun and useful experience by dragging us into the modern day and making us relevant. We hope to start leveraging some commercial value out of the platforms now, we couldn't be in a better position to do so really. With the reach we currently have there is absolutely no reason why we can't start partnering with the right businesses to bring in either funds or services to help the club.

Andrew & Jack

Well done lads. I, for one, appreciate all your hard work. The WhatsApp has been a huge success in my opinion.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 05:33:52 PM »

The social media team, the first team and CSH are doing tremendous and are credit to Altrincham FC.
Full time and proud of it

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »

I enjoy reading about the ladies team and their success....a really professional outfit

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 07:03:44 PM »

Social media and related developments are absolutely first class. If only some of this imagination and outside the box thinking could be displayed in other areas of the club...

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »

Social media and related developments are absolutely first class. If only some of this imagination and outside the box thinking could be displayed in other areas of the club...

Unfortunately, ideas from the social media team are not always acted on by certain board members because they see part of that team as an interference and they would rather cut off their noses to spite their face.

The support from Bill Waterson has been unwavering, and he deserves a lot of the credit for managing to get the ideas past board level.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »

I read the review again yesterday, there is a lot of stuff in it with actions for 2018, probably too much for the club to focus on in my opinion. I am always slightly perplexed by these sort of reviews because they touch every aspect of a business and point out areas that need to be addressed and lots of people run off to try to fix a bit, too many items and you cannot focus. If you have a couple of goals on top of your day to day life you can work towards them; however if you have 10, 20 or more it is improbable that you will reach them all.
For me as well as running the club and coping with all of the usual bumps in the road there should only be 2 or 3 target goals at a time.
First Team promotion is probably the first goal and most important, so once the lights are on at the club, any extra energy, time and resource needs to be focused there. As a fan I can influence promotion, I can turn up on Saturday, buy a drink and programme, enjoy the game and also encourage my mates to come along swelling the numbers, we can all see the league table so we can track the performance against the target, at the moment the target is still in focus.
But then what is the next goal assuming that those people involved have any time or energy left?
It could be the sale of shares, it could be promotion of the club in the community... there are any number of worthy goals, but again focus is key.
Loads of people do great work around the club from board members, to ground crew, first/ ladies/ reserve/ junior teams staff and players, press and media. Chapo to all of the volunteers

For me a review of the review or update would be a good thing, but I think it would be great to get a handle on what the current goals are, not a long list but what is top of the list and how I as an ordinary fan can relate to it and possibly influence if I have the skills or ability.

I agree that you can only really focus on so much at once. It was clear in the review what the undeniable problems were:

Poor football performance
Weak, divided board
Poor communication
Lack of diversity
Reluctance to show ambition and accept new ideas
Lack of forward planning affecting the ground, volunteer base, commercial model and website.

The absolute core one for me is the reluctance to show ambition and accept new ideas. Without changing that, precious little else can happen.

It's no coincidence that one of the few widely acclaimed things at our club, the social media output, continues to grow and prosper. Clear proof what drive, energy and creativity can achieve; full marks to those involved for their efforts.  I echo the other comments saying we need the same throughout the club.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One Year On: