Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2018, 04:31:23 AM
267565 Posts in 21877 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  FA Trophy « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 1665 times)
PaulClementsLaments
Regular First Team

Like this post? +48/-13

I wish I was a spaceman...

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:04 PM »

While its never good to be knocked out of a competition, I suspect many of us don't envy Warrington's long trip to Ebbsfleet tomorrow Cheesy

Paul
GB Alty
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »

What kind of bollocks is this? Of course I envy them playing conference opposition

Much rather stick with the evostick of course?Huh
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:56:52 PM by Happy Clappy » Logged
PaulClementsLaments
Regular First Team

Like this post? +48/-13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:13:32 PM »

What kind of bollocks is this? Of course I envy them playing conference opposition

This "bollocks" is that its a particularly long journey and not the most welcoming ground from what I hear. Yes of course we'd like to have progressed in the Trophy but priority must be to get out of our current league and in hindsight a long trip south right now isn't what we need. That is all. Good luck to Warrington tomorrow.
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +26/-212

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:24:10 PM »

And to Marine who have an even longer trip to Dover.

And to Macclesfield who.....oh, I forgot they were knocked out by Halifax on Tuesday night  Wink
George Heslops Moustache
Regular First Team

Like this post? +348/-343

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:40:20 PM »

And to Marine who have an even longer trip to Dover.

And to Macclesfield who.....oh, I forgot they were knocked out by Halifax on Tuesday night  Wink

Id much rather be in Maccs position than ours.
GB Alty
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:50:37 PM »

This "bollocks" is that its a particularly long journey and not the most welcoming ground from what I hear. Yes of course we'd like to have progressed in the Trophy but priority must be to get out of our current league and in hindsight a long trip south right now isn't what we need. That is all. Good luck to Warrington tomorrow.
Firstly there's nothing wrong with the welcome at Ebbsfleet. A club of similar stature to ours that are actually progressive, nothing wrong with that

This small club mentality is what got us into this mess in the first place, long journey wtf?Huh
Mallorca Alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +65/-73

aka Cestrian Alty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:00 AM »

Probably one of the best away long distance Trophy wins was in 2004 at Weymouth. Where our 2 nil win derailed the Steve Claridge living the dream team.

We should be beating teams like these
The Thriving Jezza
Regular First Team

Like this post? +514/-1226

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 08:34:08 AM »

Promotion is the be all and end all this season.

Going out of the trophy and fa cup has been a factor in our lead at the top of the table.
Ebsfleet an awfully long and draining matchday for the players...

PP Can go and win the trophy next season...and 3rd round of the fa cup and promotion....minimum!!! Grin

Please step to the side and allow the club to move forward Grahame, you have no right to hold it for ransom over your personal ego.....
Toff Apple
Global Moderator
Regular First Team

Like this post? +188/-114

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »

This year is about winning the league only, not fussed about the trophy either i dont believe we would have won it.

Bernard Taylors barmy army
AFC56
Regular First Team

Like this post? +95/-51

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:33 AM »

This year is about winning the league only, not fussed about the trophy either i dont believe we would have won it.

Correct
anglo alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +6/-18

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:09 AM »

Thinking you can pick and choose which competitions to focus on can be dangerous, you must focus on them all because at some point its the next game and a shift in focus can upset the rythmm, wether its along way to Ebbsfleet or not if we manage to reclaim our National lgr status the long trip will be the norm
Sarf London Alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +139/-99

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 09:30:07 AM »

I think the point is we would have had a very long trip to Ebbsfleet today, a ground weve all been to a number of times which holds absolutely no kind of special interest and in all probability gone down to a narrow defeat in front of a sub 1000 crowd. Id rather we were playing a league game and maintaining our momentum. Yes, wed all love a day out at Wembley but lets focus on getting back towards our proper level this season.
Get That Cooker On
Regular First Team

Like this post? +271/-286

Andrew Flynn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »

The double is still well and truly on, anyway.

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
PaulClementsLaments
Regular First Team

Like this post? +48/-13

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »

I think the point is we would have had a very long trip to Ebbsfleet today, a ground weve all been to a number of times which holds absolutely no kind of special interest and in all probability gone down to a narrow defeat in front of a sub 1000 crowd. Id rather we were playing a league game and maintaining our momentum. Yes, wed all love a day out at Wembley but lets focus on getting back towards our proper level this season.

Absolutely. Thank you.

Paul
The Thriving Jezza
Regular First Team

Like this post? +514/-1226

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 10:53:35 AM »

Looking negatively we could have had the confidence and momentum drained from us in a 4-0 battering ...hanegan sent off by a picky ref and harrison injured...
A 3-2 defeat in a cup game at higher opposition kick started a 2 year decline....

Please step to the side and allow the club to move forward Grahame, you have no right to hold it for ransom over your personal ego.....
Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »
    Jump to: