PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Warrington  (Read 24349 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Warrington
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 09:11:44 AM »

The state of our pitch will be the biggest threat to our hopes, I think on football ability we are very good.
Agree absolutely.
By the time we play Warrington the pitch will have had 26 days to recover from the Witton game. I know the weather is crap but I think we're worrying a bit too much.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 09:19:36 AM »

Still see Shaw Lane as the main rivals, if only because they'll be one point behind if they win their ever increasing games in hand and we've to play them twice. Warrington's progress might result in another blank Saturday for them adding to their fixture congestion as that was the game due to be played on FAT R3 day.
The League will probably send Shaw Lane to Stourbridge, who should  be at home to Workington. That game is actually scheduled a fortnight later.

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »

I half worry about Warrington. They have blanked us twice and did us over in the cup - they've also kept pace with us while we've been winning. Shaw struggle away and Workington have again left it too late.
My greatest concern (more than any of our rivals), is the state of our pitch.

We struggled at their place, granted. But the game at home we barely got out of first gear. I would have fully expected to beat them comfortbaly had we drawn Ashton at home rather than Ebbsfleet. Only Hulme seemed to turn up that night.

The pitch is our biggest killer. With the points gap and games in hand, We could - if we can afford to cash flow wise - spread our games out till March and April with a few postponement.

You saying that we threw the replay because we didn't fancy a long trip to Ebbsfleet, or that PP couldn't motivate the team for a long trip to Ebbsfleet?

Whichever it doesn't bode well for the future, add to that we've lost our furthest two trips this season and drew the other (Workington, Shildon, Whitby)

Incidentally if we threw the game PP should be sacked

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »

Credit to Beez for the stats below on points to win the title . Ten wins avoiding defeat to Warrington shaw lane and Grantham would be enough in my opinion

Since it changed to 46 games....

16/17 1st blyth (105) 2nd spennymoor (87)

15/16 1st darlington (104) 2nd blyth (99)

14/15 1st fc united (92) 2nd workington (90)

13/14 1st chorley (97) 2nd fc united (96).

Our remaining games in home and away columns rather than date order are

WARRINGTON
MICKLEOVER
ASHTON
SHAW LANE
SUTTON COL
STOURBRIDGE
WORKINGTON
STALYBRIDGE
MARINE
BARWELL
HEDNESFORD

stourbridge
buxton
ashton
shaw lane
halesowen
rushall
lancaster
grantham

GRANTHAM

STOURBRIDGE
WITTON
WARRINGTON
HEDNESFORD
NANTWICH
BARWELL
SHAW LANE
MICKLEOVER
ALTRINCHAM

stalybridge
barwell
shaw lane
lancaster
whitby
nantwich
warrington
stafford
workington
sutton c

WARRINGTON

LANCASTER
HEDNESFORD
SHAW LANE
STALYBRIDGE
MICKLEOVER
NANTWICH
BARWELL
GRANTHAM
WITTON
WORKINGTON
HALESOWEN

altrincham
matlock
sutton c
hednesford
grantham
stafford
stalybridge
whitby
nantwich
farsley
stourbidge

SHAW LANE

HALESOWEN
ASHTON
GRANTHAM
MARINE
STALYBRIDGE
COALVILLE
ALTRINCHAM
SUTTON
NANTWICH
BARWELL
LANCASTER
MATLOCK

marine
warrington
coalville
altrincham
stourbridge
nantwich
witton
workington
grantham
rushall
stafford

ASHTON

STAFFORD
STOURBRIDGE
COALVILLE
ALTRINCHAM
STALYBRIDGE
HALESOWEN
WITTON
MICKLEOVER
WHITBY
NANTWICH

shaw lane
rushall
altrincham
lancaster
barwell
matlock
stourbridge
buxton
stalybridge
halesowen
workington
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:14:13 PM by Trent Sainsbury »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »

I half worry about Warrington. They have blanked us twice and did us over in the cup - they've also kept pace with us while we've been winning. Shaw struggle away and Workington have again left it too late.
My greatest concern (more than any of our rivals), is the state of our pitch.

We struggled at their place, granted. But the game at home we barely got out of first gear. I would have fully expected to beat them comfortbaly had we drawn Ashton at home rather than Ebbsfleet. Only Hulme seemed to turn up that night.

The pitch is our biggest killer. With the points gap and games in hand, We could - if we can afford to cash flow wise - spread our games out till March and April with a few postponement.

You saying that we threw the replay because we didn't fancy a long trip to Ebbsfleet, or that PP couldn't motivate the team for a long trip to Ebbsfleet?

Whichever it doesn't bode well for the future, add to that we've lost our furthest two trips this season and drew the other (Workington, Shildon, Whitby)

Incidentally if we threw the game PP should be sacked

I'm saying I think certain players seemed more lethargic, less engaged and less on-point.

Whether that was after a heavy pitch 2 days earlier, or whether players didnt fancy playing ebbsfleet, only they can answer that.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 10:34:15 AM »

The players and management will have wanted to progress in the Trophy. Look at the strength of the sides we've put out for the Cheshire Cup and tell me we don't give all competitions a go. We sat back far too much in the last 20 of that game and paid the price.

I'm gutted we're out of the Trophy and I'm not entirely sure I buy into the mindset of it being a 'good thing.' I think its funny how awful of a journey Ebbsfleet became to some once we were knocked out and didn't have to do it. Its easy to say that from this side of the fence. Warrington have proven it was a winnable draw and they've been rewarded with another winnable game at Wealdstone, in a last sixteen that looks quite beatable overall in my opinion.

I understand that the league is our fundamental priority, but who are we as fans of Altrincham FC to not be bothered about progression in any competition? We've won f**k all in forever and I was surprised by the lack of disappointment after the exit. Another year goes by.

bighairedmike

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »

The players and management will have wanted to progress in the Trophy. Look at the strength of the sides we've put out for the Cheshire Cup and tell me we don't give all competitions a go. We sat back far too much in the last 20 of that game and paid the price.

I'm gutted we're out of the Trophy and I'm not entirely sure I buy into the mindset of it being a 'good thing.' I think its funny how awful of a journey Ebbsfleet became to some once we were knocked out and didn't have to do it. Its easy to say that from this side of the fence. Warrington have proven it was a winnable draw and they've been rewarded with another winnable game at Wealdstone, in a last sixteen that looks quite beatable overall in my opinion.

I understand that the league is our fundamental priority, but who are we as fans of Altrincham FC to not be bothered about progression in any competition? We've won f**k all in forever and I was surprised by the lack of disappointment after the exit. Another year goes by.

Absolutely spot on.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »

There is only one priority this season - to make sure we win this league outright. Cup competitions are therefore a distraction.

Next season we have to aim for at least the playoffs in National North. A Trophy run then would also be potentially disruptive (a run to Round 3 of the FA Cup is quite a different matter).

I seriously am not too bothered about going to Wembley until such time as we complete the two essential promotions.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »

The above contains all the remaining fixtures of the top five

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »

I agree with all those who say we keep our focus on ourselves only, and what we need to do to win the league outright.  The Grantham manager told me at Coalville that his head drops a little more every time he looks at the results and sees Alty have won again (and I am sure that is true of the other chasers too).

But something that may stand us in further good stead is the tightness of the playoff situation.  Three points cover 3rd to 8th as Ashton, Hednesford and Farsley have gone on good runs.  Farlsey showed us what can happen  - our win there is bookmarked by them beating Shaw lane and drawing at Grantham.  The chasing pack will drop points against each other - which can only help

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 02:16:14 PM »

There is only one priority this season - to make sure we win this league outright. Cup competitions are therefore a distraction.

Next season we have to aim for at least the playoffs in National North. A Trophy run then would also be potentially disruptive (a run to Round 3 of the FA Cup is quite a different matter).

I seriously am not too bothered about going to Wembley until such time as we complete the two essential promotions.

Speak for yourself!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »

Speak for yourself!

He clearly did, hence the "I" in the above statement.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

roytonmike

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »

The state of our pitch will be the biggest threat to our hopes, I think on football ability we are very good.
Agree absolutely.
By the time we play Warrington the pitch will have had 26 days to recover from the Witton game. I know the weather is crap but I think we're worrying a bit too much.
I understand that Man U are scheduled to have a game at Moss Lane this evening (U18 level?) - I hope if that's true that the game is called off, given the present weather. If the pitch is being used by other clubs - even so august an institution as Prawn Sandwich Glazer FC - I don't necessarily think we are worrying too much.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 03:48:03 PM »

Agree absolutely.
I understand that Man U are scheduled to have a game at Moss Lane this evening (U18 level?) - I hope if that's true that the game is called off, given the present weather. If the pitch is being used by other clubs - even so august an institution as Prawn Sandwich Glazer FC - I don't necessarily think we are worrying too much.

I have heard it has been called off. I think it was U15s, actually.

andrewflynn

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »

Agree absolutely.

I have heard it has been called off. I think it was U15s, actually.

I was going to say, surely that'll be off...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington