PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Warrington  (Read 24353 times)

Fairfield Alty

Re: Warrington
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »

One suggestion our game with Warrington Town could be pulled to give them a full week to prepare for Wealdstone, unlikely. Probably if
we were playing them on the Tuesday evening. Warrington Town also have catch up games in Cheshire Senior Cup, Winsford United next
Monday and against Lancaster City in the Integro Cup date doesn't appear to have been decided yet.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 05:35:27 PM »

Like that shaw lane, warrington and workington still got to play each other, cant all win
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 07:20:58 PM »

Understand it’s that time of the year when the permutations begin to get worked on. For me though you look at the odds, you could get 4/5 on us to win the league a week ago, that’s come way in to 5/9 and SLA now out to 5/1. No one else is considered plausible in the betting. A lot of money (for this level anyway) was clearly lumped on us last weekend. I’m not concerned, I think we’ll end up winning it by 6-8 points.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »

I agree with all those who say we keep our focus on ourselves only, and what we need to do to win the league outright.  The Grantham manager told me at Coalville that his head drops a little more every time he looks at the results and sees Alty have won again (and I am sure that is true of the other chasers too).

But something that may stand us in further good stead is the tightness of the playoff situation.  Three points cover 3rd to 8th as Ashton, Hednesford and Farsley have gone on good runs.  Farlsey showed us what can happen  - our win there is bookmarked by them beating Shaw lane and drawing at Grantham.  The chasing pack will drop points against each other - which can only help

I think that Farsley comparison was huge - and our opposition will have noted that as you say.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 08:56:49 AM »

Do Warrington have any kind of fan's forum?  The only one I can find seemed to stop in 2016  ???

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 09:32:13 AM »

Do Warrington have any kind of fan's forum?  The only one I can find seemed to stop in 2016  ???

Few clubs have them at this level.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »

Few clubs have them at this level.
Some of them barely have fans.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 02:17:08 PM »

Still see Shaw Lane as the main rivals, if only because they'll be one point behind if they win their ever increasing games in hand and we've to play them twice. Warrington's progress might result in another blank Saturday for them adding to their fixture congestion as that was the game due to be played on FAT R3 day.
The League will probably send Shaw Lane to Stourbridge, who should  be at home to Workington. That game is actually scheduled a fortnight later.

Spot on

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/teams/61056/news/changes-to-our-february-fixtures-announced-2151923.html

Jezza

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2018, 02:35:46 PM »

For those who are horrified some alty fans like me are not bothered about the trophy this (and only this) season......

....so you'd rather be in warrington's position?........in with a chance of both trophy and promotion via play offs.....or ours 10 points clear at top of league.

Next season we will have a few bigger sides in this league, we will do well to make the play offs....we have to make sure this season.....BE ALL AND END ALL.

Let warrington win the trophy......let us win the league and then next season go for 3rd round of the fa cup and semis in the trophy and promotion...nothing less will do...

Anyone who doesn't think a fixture back log or injuries would result from a trophy run is taking this league far too much for granted....and lets face it, warrington will probably go out in quarters or semi, AND who looks back fondly at some our semi defeats?? NOT WORTH IT!!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »

For those who are horrified some alty fans like me are not bothered about the trophy this (and only this) season......

....so you'd rather be in warrington's position?........in with a chance of both trophy and promotion via play offs.....or ours 10 points clear at top of league.

Next season we will have a few bigger sides in this league, we will do well to make the play offs....we have to make sure this season.....BE ALL AND END ALL.

Let warrington win the trophy......let us win the league and then next season go for 3rd round of the fa cup and semis in the trophy and promotion...nothing less will do...

Anyone who doesn't think a fixture back log or injuries would result from a trophy run is taking this league far too much for granted....and lets face it, warrington will probably go out in quarters or semi, AND who looks back fondly at some our semi defeats?? NOT WORTH IT!!!

Warrington have a squad of around 15. We have a squad of 20+. We could have managed the Trophy much better than they have.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »

Except next year some people will still say they want to concentrate on the league/promotion/avoiding relegation, rather than giving it a go in the cups.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2018, 04:52:50 PM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if we all thought exactly the same way it would be a very boring world indeed.

For what it's worth I actually agree with Jezza on this as far as this year is concerned. The league is an absolute must, whilst the cups are a 'nice to have', a luxury if you will.

Winning the league next year (assuming we do go up), is an entirely different proposition as are our other aspirations. All clubs prioritise based on their circumstances at the time, whatever level you play at.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

andrewflynn

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »

Except next year some people will still say they want to concentrate on the league/promotion/avoiding relegation, rather than giving it a go in the cups.

...and if we were in the National League then people will say that its a distraction from survival. I don't get the mindset. What's the point of supporting us if you're happy to go out of a competition?

As I said above, as fans of Altrincham FC who on earth are we to start saying a competition isn't worth our time? Our priority should always be to assemble a squad that is capable of fighting on all fronts, especially at this level where we have won games without breaking a sweat.

The fact is that there will always be some league circumstance at the forefront of the season, but that shouldn't be a reason to sack off the FA Trophy (unless we really are up sh*t creek for whatever reason.) So I put to you, are we in a bad way this season? Do you think we wouldn't have been able to manage the extra games? Even with our practically fully fit squad of 20+ players that wins almost every week. It was a huge disappointment not to progress in the Trophy this year and I'll reiterate, I find the lack of disappointment bewildering.

AltySupporter

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »

The fact is that there will always be some league circumstance at the forefront of the season, but that shouldn't be a reason to sack off the FA Trophy (unless we really are up sh*t creek for whatever reason.) So I put to you, are we in a bad way this season? Do you think we wouldn't have been able to manage the extra games? Even with our practically fully fit squad of 20+ players that wins almost every week. It was a huge disappointment not to progress in the Trophy this year and I'll reiterate, I find the lack of disappointment bewildering.

I think we were all gutted to go out of the trophy at the time, its just that its a month ago now and that has tempered the disappointed. Having been to all 3 Wembley finals Alty have been in I know what a great occasion it is and one that is long overdue for the club.

Col.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 10:05:24 PM »

...and if we were in the National League then people will say that its a distraction from survival. I don't get the mindset. What's the point of supporting us if you're happy to go out of a competition?

As I said above, as fans of Altrincham FC who on earth are we to start saying a competition isn't worth our time? Our priority should always be to assemble a squad that is capable of fighting on all fronts, especially at this level where we have won games without breaking a sweat.

I don't believe anyone is "happy" to go out of the Trophy and to suggest they were is somewhat disingenuous. Also to suggest that it's not worth supporting the team for having a somewhat different viewpoint than yourself is at the very least condescending. I don't like us losing any game, but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over us exiting the CSC or the Intercockwomble League Cup or whatever it's called. Sure, I would like us to have progressed further in the Trophy (and I'm another who is lucky enough to have been to Wembley 3 times with Alty), but overall I will be more than happy to get out of this league, regroup and see where we go from there (the boardroom situation is another matter entirely of course).

Teams at the top of the Premiership have huge squads and huge resources, but they still put out weakened sides in the cup competitions (except Europe obviously). It has nothing to do with being "up sh*t creek".

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion as others are entitled to theirs.

One love, one Alty, occasionally differing viewpoints.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington