PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Warrington  (Read 24352 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Warrington
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »

Can I offer a different viewpoint?

I think it shows how far we have mended as fans, in addition to the team, after the heartache of the last couple of years - that we can start being pragmatic about things again.

Not one person would have been happy to exit the Trophy - it still means so much to all of us. Warrington are a decent outfit, capable of beating us on their day. And yes, we're great (at this level) but not infallible.

Thankfully when some of our fans were getting on PP's back after the indifferent start to the season, he was mature enough to realise what we'd all been through (as was noted at the time).

bighairedmike

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »

I think it shows how far we have mended as fans, in addition to the team, after the heartache of the last couple of years - that we can start being pragmatic about things again.

Not one person would have been happy to exit the Trophy - it still means so much to all of us. Warrington are a decent outfit, capable of beating us on their day. And yes, we're great (at this level) but not infallible.

Thankfully when some of our fans were getting on PP's back after the indifferent start to the season, he was mature enough to realise what we'd all been through (as was noted at the time).

I disagree. He showed a distinct lack of understanding of our plight. Obviously he has only heard the boards views, and his recent comments show he still doesn’t understand the fans gripe with those that run the club.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »

I disagree. He showed a distinct lack of understanding of our plight. Obviously he has only heard the boards views, and his recent comments show he still doesn’t understand the fans gripe with those that run the club.

Look, I doubt PP was happy we went out. And i'm pretty sure he understands why fans are fed up. All in all who gives a toss as long as he gets us up? We went out of the trophy to a fellow promotion contender on a replay. Its hardly the end of the world is it.

PP could call us all a bunch of halfwits for all I care as long as he ha us ten points clear in April and the players enjoying playing in front of the halfwit fans.

The board are disgrace and no doubt they influence his thinking they pay his wages and we all have to tow the line with our employers from time to time. Dont let it muddy the waters of the good job he is currently doing with the rest of the management team.

His real test comes in March and April when he has to get this promotion over the line.

bighairedmike

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »

Look, I doubt PP was happy we went out. And i'm pretty sure he understands why fans are fed up. All in all who gives a toss as long as he gets us up? We went out of the trophy to a fellow promotion contender on a replay. Its hardly the end of the world is it.

PP could call us all a bunch of halfwits for all I care as long as he ha us ten points clear in April and the players enjoying playing in front of the halfwit fans.

The board are disgrace and no doubt they influence his thinking they pay his wages and we all have to tow the line with our employers from time to time. Dont let it muddy the waters of the good job he is currently doing with the rest of the management team.

His real test comes in March and April when he has to get this promotion over the line.

I think you misunderstand my point. I have nothing against PP, I just don’t think he understands the situation.

Agreed that his job is his job and we’ll all be happy if he gets us promoted, expected or not.

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »

Warrington Town backlog not helped by CSC at Winsford
called off tonight.

Jezza

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »

Had we beaten warrington and followed their path we may only be 3 points clear at the moment...had we beaten shildon we may be sitting here 2nd or 3rd in the league biting our nails 3 points behind with a couple of games in hand......
few quid more in the bank I'll grant you ......
I love the trophy and cup....my best memories...leatherhead....mal bailey's winner at Runcorn....the scarboro marathon semi....everton....spurs...blackpool etc etc....
Prepared to bypass those memories for one title win this season and yes I accept we have a squad, but that would probably mean more resting players for league games before the big trip to Accrington in the 1st round?
I'm glass half empty this season :-)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 08:45:42 PM »

Winsford and Warrington now this Wednesday
Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »

Had we beaten warrington and followed their path we may only be 3 points clear at the moment...had we beaten shildon we may be sitting here 2nd or 3rd in the league biting our nails 3 points behind with a couple of games in hand......
few quid more in the bank I'll grant you ......
I love the trophy and cup....my best memories...leatherhead....mal bailey's winner at Runcorn....the scarboro marathon semi....everton....spurs...blackpool etc etc....
Prepared to bypass those memories for one title win this season and yes I accept we have a squad, but that would probably mean more resting players for league games before the big trip to Accrington in the 1st round?
I'm glass half empty this season :-)
how you working this out? Only the Stafford game clashed with the trophy (so only 3 points), and that game was pulled forward from March (when we now have a free Saturday) because we went out of the trophy

Your point about the Shildon is ludicrous as well, how many league points on the next 3 FA cup days did we earn? Have you checked? (it was 5 points, so not a great return) Do you think those games would have been replayed by now?

Look if you don't think we got the squad to compete just say it, but that would be pretty embarrassing at this level. The ultimate insult to this clubs once proud history
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:38:39 PM by Happy Clappy »

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »

how you working this out?........
Perhaps the clue is in the use of the word “may”.
Twice

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2018, 03:01:09 PM »

May. Stamford Park on a sunlounger with a bottle of Prosecco celebrating our having earned the right to mix it with Stockport County and others of that Ilk. Bring it on so I can dream till August. 

andrewflynn

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »

May. Stamford Park on a sunlounger with a bottle of Prosecco celebrating our having earned the right to mix it with Stockport County and others of that Ilk. Bring it on so I can dream till August. 

We'll have merely achieved the right to play County again.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »

take some bread, you can feed the ducks  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington