News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match Thread

Author Topic: Stourbridge - Match Thread  (Read 4179 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 17, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »

Stourbridge 23/10
Draw 11/4
Alty 5/6

Another new ground, let’s make if another away win.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stourbridge - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »

As tough an away game as we can get.

Assuming Hannigan is unavailable I'd the same 11 as Saturday with the exception of Richman for Harrop.

Stourbridge 1-1 Alty Hulme.

100+ from us (unfortunately not me)

Good luck to all
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:11:31 AM »

Stourbridge being a proper name at this level I thought would be much closer to us than they are.

Agree though that this will deffo be one of our toughest remaining aways and on and off the pitch I expect them to be right at us. No need for us to change anything though, we’ve got a good rhythm with the Saturday away games, if we win on Saturday 7 away league wins in a row (who knows when we last did that?!)

Expect decent numbers from us with a new ground, lots on the trains, hopefully approaching 120-150.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »

Stourbridge being a proper name at this level I thought would be much closer to us than they are.

Agree though that this will deffo be one of our toughest remaining aways and on and off the pitch I expect them to be right at us. No need for us to change anything though, we’ve got a good rhythm with the Saturday away games, if we win on Saturday 7 away league wins in a row (who knows when we last did that?!)

Expect decent numbers from us with a new ground, lots on the trains, hopefully approaching 120-150.

Can anyone clarify that one? Would make for a nice stat.

1-0 down to an early corner, we equalise in the 87th minute through Densmore on his 350th appearance for the club. 150 Alty.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »

In my time of watching the best side we had was in 90/91, we had a 28 game unbeaten run but still only won ten of the Away games in a 22 team league.And in 98/99 when we won the unibond league I think we won the league with a pretty low total, 80 points I think. So it’s one for the historians this

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »

Seems Stourbridge get pretty good home gates, with the numbers i'd expect us to bring would there be a logic in having it segregated? I know some people prefer non segregated but I miss proper segregated games

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 11:05:50 AM »

The last time we won 7 away league games on the trot was indeed in 90-91, starting on October 20th at Telford United , followed by wins at Merthy Tydfil, Sutton United, Kidderminster Harriers, Yeovil Town, Cheltenham Town and culminating with a 6-2 win at Boston United.  The run came to an end with a 2-2 draw at Weliing on 9th March.

The last time we had won 6 away games on the bounce was in 98-9 when we won the NPL Championship - with wins at Accrington Stanley, Gainsborough Trinity, Runcorn (the game Coburn scored in), Whitby and Spennymoor before losing 2-3 at Leigh RMI on 13th March

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »

Should've won at both Welling and Leigh as well.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 12:02:53 PM »

The last time we won 7 away league games on the trot was indeed in 90-91, starting on October 20th at Telford United , followed by wins at Merthy Tydfil, Sutton United, Kidderminster Harriers, Yeovil Town, Cheltenham Town and culminating with a 6-2 win at Boston United.  The run came to an end with a 2-2 draw at Weliing on 9th March.

The last time we had won 6 away games on the bounce was in 98-9 when we won the NPL Championship - with wins at Accrington Stanley, Gainsborough Trinity, Runcorn (the game Coburn scored in), Whitby and Spennymoor before losing 2-3 at Leigh RMI on 13th March

I guess the record of consecutive league away wins is quite a daft one. Thanks for this.

Robin Hood Robin

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »

If we are allowed to spread the record over two seasons, then we won the last two away league matches of the 93-94 season Slough and Kidderminster, and the first five away league matches of the 94-95 season at Yeovil, Southport, Farnborough, Merthyr and Bromsgrove.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »

Seems Stourbridge get pretty good home gates, with the numbers i'd expect us to bring would there be a logic in having it segregated? I know some people prefer non segregated but I miss proper segregated games

I doubt they will officially. Even the game against Halesowen, which had a crowd of 2306 wasn't formally segregated.

However, I say "formally" as apparently there is a fence in the shed which splits it up into 2/3 and 1/3 with the home supporters tending to stand in the larger section. Away supporters can mingle with the home fans, or stand in the smaller section and in effect self-segregate. I get the impression that because of the nature of the ground (three sided, with the only standing cover behind one goal), lots of the home supporters just stay at that end.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 02:09:30 PM »

A local game for me which I will sadly miss (golf comp)

Let the away winning run continue.

Stourbridge 1-3 Alty

Att 666

anglo alty

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »

Home game for me this looking forward to seeing everyone have seen  Alty all over the midlands but never thought i.d get to see them at Stourbridge, and later Halesowen

Alty5678

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 10:06:46 AM »

Grantham and Warrington both called off. Minimum 13 points clear if we win and another game chalked off, rather than the fixture backlog others will be facing.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »

Stourbridge have just announced that, as the pitch is detiorating, there will be an inspection when the match ref arrives.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team