PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GAME OFF
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: GAME OFF  (Read 6673 times)

Happy clapper

GAME OFF
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »

Joke

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OFF
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »

Feel for all the fans that have spent money to get there for it to be called off last minute.

Seems very amateurish on the part of Stourbridge but I don't know why the inspection was left so late.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »

Aren't we usually complaining games are called off too early? Maybe Stourbridge had been doing everything they could to get the game on.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 03:09:13 PM »

Aren't we usually complaining games are called off too early? Maybe Stourbridge had been doing everything they could to get the game on.

Apparently they didn’t. That’s from somebody who went.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

The fact they said there was no reason for pitch inspection is the galling  aspect
Full time and proud of it

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »

Clouds over Stourbridge may have a silver lining. Shaw Lane 1-2 down at half time.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 04:03:18 PM »

The supporters coach is nearly back, but as someone who was at the ground I can confirm they did try to get it on, with volunteers helping out since 12. Spoke to them in the bar before we headed back. It’s just one of those things for me, in some refs opinions it’s playable, in others not playable. Their manager was also gutted it was off, so none of this bollocks that they wanted it off.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 04:34:05 PM »

It will be Phil's fault by the end of the week no doubt

Feel for all that made the journey today
ParkINson's red and white army

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 07:16:36 PM »

Probably suits us to play on a firmer pitch at a later date.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:06 PM »

Why do we go through this b*llocks every time a game is called off?

I tried to go over to Ashton, they confirmed early doors that the game was definitely ON - only for it to be called OFF at 2pm.

The weather is nobody's fault. Grow up.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »

We enjoyed a blinding session around town. Fixed trains so just go with it.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »

Our Chris and I were one of the ones affected by the cancellation. It is one of those things and though we were angry at the time, I am now philosophical about it. I do believe that Stourbridge tried to get the game on but they were beaten by the weather. We were kept waiting outside the ground for 30 minutes as Stourbridge did not want to charge us until they knew the game was on. Plenty of enjoyable banter with our players outside the ground, but I felt for them coming all that way for nothing and we felt their frustration too, but these things happen. Stourbridge staff were very apologetic so no worries.

After the game Stourbridge invited us into their clubhouse for a couple of pints before we went home. I'm glad we did that as it was quite nice. Oh by the way I have this thing about pork scratchings, as the club and most of you know. That area of Birmingham from Wolverhampton to Stourbridge is actually where they originate from. Bought two bags at the ground and they were the best I have ever tasted!! Yum.

Went back on the coach afterwards and got off at Alty leisure centre, headed on the tram to Sale.  Went to the Block and Gasket to watch City v Newcastle and then for  a Ruby Murray afterwards. Went to the spice restaurant on  Northenden Road as could not get into Marsala Lounge. Very very hot Madras which did me in this morning.

Strange day that!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:52:04 AM by Steve from Sale »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 10:35:03 AM »

Our Chris and I were one of the ones affected by the cancellation. It is one of those things and though we were angry at the time, I am now philosophical about it. I do believe that Stourbridge tried to get the game on but they were beaten by the weather. We were kept waiting outside the ground for 30 minutes as Stourbridge did not want to charge us until they knew the game was on. Plenty of enjoyable banter with our players outside the ground, but I felt for them coming all that way for nothing and we felt their frustration too, but these things happen. Stourbridge staff were very apologetic so no worries.

After the game Stourbridge invited us into their clubhouse for a couple of pints before we went home. I'm glad we did that as it was quite nice. Oh by the way I have this thing about pork scratchings, as the club and most of you know. That area of Birmingham from Wolverhampton to Stourbridge is actually where they originate from. Bought two bags at the ground and they were the best I have ever tasted!! Yum.

Went back on the coach afterwards and got off at Alty leisure centre, headed on the tram to Sale.  Went to the Block and Gasket to watch City v Newcastle and then for  a Ruby Murray afterwards. Went to the spice restaurant on  Northenden Road as could not get into Marsala Lounge. Very very hot Madras which did me in this morning.

Strange day that!!

How did they try and get it on? Did the groundsman work on it? Was there a call for volunteers.

They'd be delighted for a game against us midweek
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 11:07:45 AM »

I had some business down that way so went along via Shropshire. There was lots of local flooding and in places water stretched right across the road. It was obvious that the low lying lan was completely waterlogged so I expected the game to be off and sure enough there was a big sign on the gate when I got there.

Given the current situation and the forecast I wouldn't give us more than a 50% chance of the game being on next weekend and if it is the grass is going to strip off really easily.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »

I live not that far from Stourbridge and the weather was atrocious yesterday,
I wasn't surprised  the game wouldn't be on.

nobody to blame, end of

we go again next Saturday (weather permitting)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GAME OFF