PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington Match Thread 4
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Warrington Match Thread 4  (Read 12201 times)

Jezza

Re: Warrington Match Thread 4
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »

Well done the lads for grinding a point out of that one.

Thats the last we will see of warrington..good luck at wealdstone...now come on lads lets get on another run and get out of this god forsaken league

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »

Well done the lads for grinding a point out of that one.

Thats the last we will see of warrington..good luck at wealdstone...now come on lads lets get on another run and get out of this god forsaken league

Hmmm....possibly heading our way again in the Cheshire Senior Cup Quarter-Final (and, God forbid, the Evo-Stik League play-offs!).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Old Alt

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »

Got away with that one today...and fortunate with Shaw Lane drawing
A few interesting points, one of the other threads on the board mentions Poole, I’m not sure he influences the game as much as he did earlier in the season, when Harrow came on, he was trying to pass the ball around and that made a difference.
We had our best spell of the game after Moult went off is it time to give him a rest?
I think Miller did look hungry when he came on, it may be time to give him a chance.
After the Witton game and today, it may be time for a change to keep the team fresh
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:27:52 PM by Old Alt »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 07:23:10 PM »

Thommo to blame for goal.

Perhaps a slightly harsh assessment - seemed to be deflected. I await Alty TV before making my mind up.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »

Their goal was definitely a sliced effort, whether it was deflected or not, I think it wrong footed TT but Alty TV will confirm. That was their only shot on target of the game.

We didn’t deserve to win, though, and laboured to a draw against a team that has repeatedly had our number. Not much you can say when we’ve come away with a point after sticking to our guns, but this reluctance to change to a plan B is surely going to get us into trouble at some stage. It’s quite apparent that we need a second striker option on the bench, I know Amis is out but what’s the crack with Omotola?

There would have been no complaints from me if we’d have lost that 0-1. We can, and will play better. That goal probably won us the league.

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »

PS: 1419 was a fantastic turn out, good to see a great reception for the £5 offer and that was absolute carnage on the GRE when we equalised. Missed that so much.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »

Sorry Andrew, from where I was sat we deserved a draw. Listening to the smug Warrington fans in the main stand until we scored was frustrating. Fantastic when we scored and wiped those smug smiles away.

i agree, we could do with a striker on the bench and a better plan B, Thought PP made the right call in bringing on Harrop. I reckon we had over 75% of the play second half and eventually got our goal and it was deserved against a dogged Warrington team.

andrewflynn

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2018, 11:02:15 PM »

Sorry Andrew, from where I was sat we deserved a draw. Listening to the smug Warrington fans in the main stand until we scored was frustrating. Fantastic when we scored and wiped those smug smiles away.

i agree, we could do with a striker on the bench and a better plan B, Thought PP made the right call in bringing on Harrop. I reckon we had over 75% of the play second half and eventually got our goal and it was deserved against a dogged Warrington team.

There’s no doubt at all that we had the better of the second half. I’m just saying I don’t think we really created that much in the way of chances to determine that we *deserved* anything. Warrington put in a cracking away performance on us.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13:22 PM »

Agree with all that Andrew Flynn says above, we definitely need a plan b, Jordan has been great but when it's not his day we need something different.

City / United season ticket deal definitely worked, had 3 with me who loved that 90th minute goal, should have that offer for every home game.

Man for man we have a better 11 than Wazza, they're well coached and have done well to get 2 points off us this season. Hope they go up via the playoffs as it's the only Alty away game Ive been able to walk to. Looking forward to see what Shaw Lane are about.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:06:05 AM by SammyH8 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington Match Thread 4