Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 02:31:02 PM
269467 Posts in 22031 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Alty TV - Highlights Vs Warrington Town « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alty TV - Highlights Vs Warrington Town  (Read 2257 times)
roytonmike
Regular First Team

Like this post? +186/-74

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »

i don't usually criticise officials - but the first booking the referee dished out, in my view somewhere between harshly & utterly unjustifiably, to Richman had the effect of inhibiting our one straightforwardly combative midfield player & thereby affording Warrington an advantage in that area of which they made good use. From there on his credentials and performance were iffy, putting it kindly. However, to get a better standard of official - in theory at least - you have to be in a higher league, and we are where we are for the present. Heigh-ho ...
distancetraveller
Regular First Team

Like this post? +336/-187

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 06:39:27 PM »

The officials were last into the CSH for food after the game - I heard the ref say they had been talking with the referee assessor !

probably discussing whether to have the curry or the chicken !!!
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +41/-220

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »

Richman, and one of Warrington's players, were booked for perfectly good and legal challenges.

In which context the referee's decision not to send off McCarten for his assault on JJ marks him down as a complete dickhead who shouldn't be officiating at any sort of professional level. 
Sale Holmfield
Regular First Team

Like this post? +108/-11

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 11:51:10 PM »

In the Grantham match, I think Mr Swallow booked five players, but, significantly, he didn't give Michael Hollingsworth a second yellow when he fouled Tom Peers, a few minutes after he had previously been booked.

After seeing the replay of the McCarten foul, I can only conclude that he ducks any big decisions.

He is very young, so he has time to change, but he is rising up the referees' ladder very quickly, so watch out for him in the Premier League in a few years...
anglo alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +6/-19

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »

Awful knew what he was doing the man should be ashamed
Alty Bri
Regular First Team

Like this post? +50/-48

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 10:41:45 PM »

McCarten has got his just reward for that assault on JJ - out for at least 3 weeks.
Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »
    Jump to: