PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane Potential Points Deduction
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shaw Lane Potential Points Deduction  (Read 15385 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 03, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »

Reading this, it seems that the points deduction season has started & we can expect to hear fairly soon about Shaw Lane potentially losing points:-

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/league-statement-points-deduction-46114

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Lane Potential Points Deduction
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:19:48 AM »

If I’m interpreting what’s happened correctly it’s a mad set of circumstances. If you trawl through the disciplinary lists on the fa website you can see potentially what’s what. This may be wrong but it looks as if James Pollard played a game for Farsley whilst he was supposed to be suspended. Farsley lost that game, during the week he moved to Shaw lane AQUAFORCE, and played in their 5-0 win over fa trophy last 16 winners Warrington town. On that basis, the suspension was still live and shaw lane AQUAFORCE will Potentially have 3 points deducted. Also of interest on there, halesowen played a lad for 3 games in which they picked up four points, including a derby win over Stourbridge, who was still registered with Solihull moors. The FA fined them six thousand quid for this but I’m wondering if the league could possibly impose a four point deduction also. This may of course all be wrong

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »

The inconsistency of the rules stems from when we deducted the full 18 points for playing James Robinson for something that wasn't our fault. Only for AFC Wimbledon to be deducted only 3 points for committing a similar offence.
They really should be beating teams like us

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »

Inconsistent indeed. Shaw Lane have history aswell
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:30:03 AM »

Shaw lane won the title on the back of wittons points deduction late last season, it would have took an odd set of results on the final day but wittons three docked points secured the title just before the last round of games

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 01:48:12 PM »

Shaw lane won the title on the back of wittons points deduction late last season, it would have took an odd set of results on the final day but wittons three docked points secured the title just before the last round of games
incorrect Witton had already lost the title mathematically when the points deduction was awarded (and announced)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 02:34:58 PM »

incorrect Witton had already lost the title mathematically when the points deduction was awarded (and announced)

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/uncategorized/points-deduction-hands-shaw-lane-title/

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 04:43:52 PM »

If I’m interpreting what’s happened correctly it’s a mad set of circumstances. If you trawl through the disciplinary lists on the fa website you can see potentially what’s what. This may be wrong but it looks as if James Pollard played a game for Farsley whilst he was supposed to be suspended. Farsley lost that game, during the week he moved to Shaw lane AQUAFORCE, and played in their 5-0 win over fa trophy last 16 winners Warrington town. On that basis, the suspension was still live and shaw lane AQUAFORCE will Potentially have 3 points deducted. Also of interest on there, halesowen played a lad for 3 games in which they picked up four points, including a derby win over Stourbridge, who was still registered with Solihull moors. The FA fined them six thousand quid for this but I’m wondering if the league could possibly impose a four point deduction also. This may of course all be wrong

Halesowen have been deducted four points

https://t.co/Mm4xCjOlf1

GB Alty

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »

Have just been told by a director of an Evo Stick team that Shaw Lane will incur a 10 point penalty.

No idea how true or how they have arrived at that .
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 02:59:42 PM »

Have just been told by a director of an Evo Stick team that Shaw Lane will incur a 10 point penalty.

Championies championies ole ole ole

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

It would be helpful, but I’m not sure how they can arrive at ten points, they only gained 3 points whilst he was suspended, unless there is something else a miss?

anglo alty

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:11:47 PM »

10pts does sound harsh but I do think teams lower down the pyramid are vulnerable to registration issues mainly because non of the club officials are full time and things can slip through un-noticed as was the case here I think. I don,t think Shaw Lane did it on purpose it is just a costly error on their part as it will put them 16pts behind us and all but end their title ambitions and if they make a fuss they will no doubt be up on a disrepute charge

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 07:24:35 PM »

If that is true, I will show my backside in the Vatican.

There is only one outcome here, surely, a 3 point deduction for Shaw Lane.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team