PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Utd Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Ashton Utd Match Thread  (Read 13274 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ashton Utd Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2018, 10:48:14 PM »

Could have been 4/5-0 infront before we had to change things around. Thought we played very well and scored three very good goals. Ashton haven’t lost since October and will make the playoffs, 3-2 flattered them though. Hope jones hamstring is only a tweak rather than anything more serious. Shaw lane are clinging to our leg like a homesick turd, 6 points more by this time next Tuesday will be more than welcome

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2018, 02:20:45 AM »

That's our best performance for a couple of months, at least for the first 80 odd minutes.  Some great football on a pitch that surprisingly allowed it and loads of chances.

Tony Thompson was upset about the stop start nature of Aaron Chalmers run up for the pen.  Apparently it's not allowed anymore.

I've got five of the next 6 Tuesday's getting home at 2am to look forward to now!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 08:31:18 AM »

I thought some of the football in the first hour was wonderful - even the miserable old gits in front of me in the main stand (who are notoriously hard to please) were shouting words like 'majestic!'

Harrop was brilliant all night and I'm still not quite sure how anyone can't tackle Poole, I'm not sure what he does. He finds space in the same way Tom Kearney used to (and his time with us was tragically cut short).

The manager took a liberty removing his captain; for all his endeavour I'd have removed Harrop instead for the last 15.

Also - the hysteria around the pitch was ridiculous, it played OK and as long as we continue to monitor it closely, we'll get through the season fine.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:32:49 AM by MarpleAlty »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »

That's our best performance for a couple of months, at least for the first 80 odd minutes.  Some great football on a pitch that surprisingly allowed it and loads of chances.

Tony Thompson was upset about the stop start nature of Aaron Chalmers run up for the pen.  Apparently it's not allowed anymore.

I've got five of the next 6 Tuesday's getting home at 2am to look forward to now!

Also, in the build up to the penalty the Ashton player on the right wing was well offside.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Utd Match Thread