https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSH
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: CSH  (Read 10580 times)

andrewflynn

Re: CSH
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:26 AM »

Won't it happen for every home game if we go up and subsequently segregate games?

I don't think so. It wasn't too long ago we were turning fans of Grimsby, Tranmere etc back at the door and pointing them in the direction of the King George.

When I go away I don't expect to be accommodated for. Most teams don't even organise a designated away pub, you just have to chance it near the ground. Its been a welcome addition to visiting some less than desirable places this season, but lets not get too complacent with the open arms reception we've been receiving.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 09:56:43 AM »

Lets not forget the old club bar and the size of that - even with just half the hall we've probably already got a bar double the size of the old bar with the benefit of catering available too.

The crowd was 600 and half a bar wasnt enough for some ? The Warrington game was 1400+ - was the full bar therefore not big enough and we should make an even bigger bar?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »

Good win yesterday up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 12:15:34 PM »

Weren't we told that football activities would always come ahead of community activities? Looks like more lies from the board

How long did you have to wait for a drink?
I don't go to home games anymore and won't do until Rowley stands down as chairman

Exactly the same answer for me

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 12:32:30 PM »

Weren't we told that football activities would always come ahead of community activities? Looks like more lies from the board

How long did you have to wait for a drink?
I don't go to home games anymore and won't do until Rowley stands down as chairman

Exactly the same answer for me

You'll be older than me by then unfortunately.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »

Thats your loss, why deprive yourself of watching superb football ? Just dont get it  ::)

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »

Thats your loss, why deprive yourself of watching superb football ? Just dont get it  ::)

speaking for myself I can live without going 160 miles to watch them lord it in parks football

AltySupporter

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »

speaking for myself I can live without going 160 miles to watch them lord it in parks football

The quality of football at this level is much higher than my initial expectations and Alty played some superb stuff last night. Anyone not going because of an individual or perceived lack of quality is missing out. And more fool them. We go to enjoy football matches and are fortunate to currently have a very entertaining and skillful team. Let's make the most of it. By all means protest against whatever but support the TEAM.

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 01:00:50 PM »

I will be more clear with my answer Col,I'm not going because of the chairman I'd watch them at any level if he went.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »

I think your being a bit disingenuous with your comment. These people are staying away due to circumstances over the last couple of seasons, not due to the current teams ability. 
I do have sympathy with them and there stance.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »

I think your being a bit disingenuous with your comment. These people are staying away due to circumstances over the last couple of seasons, not due to the current teams ability. 

Absolutely.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »

"disingenuous"
adjective
    "not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does."

I was being quite candid and sincere, I know exactly why some do this (as they frequently tell us) but I still (sincerely) just dont get why some fans deprive themselves of such entertainment.
Why not attend matches AND make their feelings known about past decisions, the two things are not mutually exclusive.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 02:01:46 PM »

We have an amazing CSH.
They really should be beating teams like us

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 02:17:23 PM »

"disingenuous"
adjective
    "not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does."

I was being quite candid and sincere, I know exactly why some do this (as they frequently tell us) but I still (sincerely) just dont get why some fans deprive themselves of such entertainment.
Why not attend matches AND make their feelings known about past decisions, the two things are not mutually exclusive.

Personal choice.
Thanks for the English lesson (sincerely) 🤔

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 02:19:47 PM »

While there is still some real quality football on offer with superb goals etc the quality of football as a whole I find utterly appalling particularly in it's inconsistency....it's the difference between watching paul showler who put in a quality cross 99% of the time and got past his man 99% to watching JJ (who at this level is a real force).

I have given in to temptation to go and support PP and the players this season even though I find myself one minute banging my head on the back of the golf rd terrace at another of thommo's touchline clearances and the next in awe at one of Jordan's goals.....I don't go in the CSH.....BUT I DO LOVE SUPPORTING THIS BUNCH OF PLAYERS AND THE MANAGER WHO HAS BEEN BRILLIANT AND IS CONNECTING WITH THE FANS...

People's decision to go or not to go is a personal choice that should be respected.....but I would encourage dissenters to support the team however they feel they can.

I hope once we have clinched promotion there will be a few home protest matches where we can voice our feelings without distracting the team from all of our aim of promotion.

It would be lovely to win promotion and have a united fan base to kick next season off under a new chairman....and a change of chairman is the only thing that will unite the fanbase and stop this debate...although I guess then we will have pro Rowley supporters kicking off and saying we drove him out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSH