PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buxton Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Buxton Match Thread  (Read 11710 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Buxton Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »

Chester have just released John McCombe, ex Macc centre half - get him here on a month's contract!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 02:54:45 PM »

Assuming the worse and Jones, Hannigan and Johnson are unavailable.

Thompson

Densmore Moult Harrison Hampson

Richman.    Harrop

Peers.  Poole.  Hancock.

Hulme

Big of a re-jig but should be strong enough to get a positive result

Buxton 0-1 Alty.  Poole

I like to see Walsh recalled aswel. Think he'd make more of an impact off the bench than Miller

Agree with this team if Jones and JJ remain injured.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 06:22:17 PM »

It's over 50 years since I've seen us play at Buxton and can't say I've ever seen any signs for the ground when I've visited the town. Any tips on where the ground is from the town centre?

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »

It's over 50 years since I've seen us play at Buxton and can't say I've ever seen any signs for the ground when I've visited the town. Any tips on where the ground is from the town centre?

how are you getting to the town centre, train?

roytonmike

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 06:41:22 PM »

Buxton's website gives directions by road. As I recall it's less than 15 minutes on foot from the town centre but the last time I went to the Silverlands was nearly 30 years ago so I don't recall the route!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 07:11:31 PM »

how are you getting to the town centre, train?

By car...and I don't do sat navs! Guess I'll check their website out.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »

the ground is opposite the police station, so you could ask directions to the cop shop ?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »

Chester have just released John McCombe, ex Macc centre half - get him here on a month's contract!

He was horrendous in the pre-sesason at ours
Full time and proud of it

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 07:47:29 PM »

Buxton's website gives directions by road......

No, there are no signs from the town centre so if you’re using the website directions, please note that the reference to “Safeway roundabout” should be “Morrison’s roundabout”. (That’s for car travellers. If you’re on foot you won’t go near that roundabout)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:55:08 PM by Nom de plume »

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »

A6 to buxton follow signs to town centre and market at the new inn ph turn left follow road right to bottom ground on your rightit's all on street parking.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:43:00 PM by whiskyalty »

thegazelle

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 10:51:00 PM »

Brixton memories  for the older folk . any one else who was on the coach that got bricked ? do you remember the big big FA trophy game that was called off in the early 70's we had a special train booked but it snowed . imagine that these days a whole train just for the match !!! did we play telford in just about our first game against southern opposition ? or are these just the ramblings of an old man?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 11:10:14 PM »

Gazelle. Your memory does not let you down. We beat Telford in a Replay to travel to Buxton. It was a huge win. They had been to Wembley twice in the trophy (it was only the fourth season or something like that). We had won one match. And we were 2-0 down at the Bucks Head too

I went by coach, but I believe there was a special train too. Game was postponed on the Saturday. Played the following midweek with over 2000 in attendance. I had been to Silverlands earlier that season for the FA Cup march - my first ever Alty game on the coach

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »

Gazelle. Your memory does not let you down. We beat Telford in a Replay to travel to Buxton. It was a huge win. They had been to Wembley twice in the trophy (it was only the fourth season or something like that). We had won one match. And we were 2-0 down at the Bucks Head too

Bill,

Prior to their encounter with Alty on Saturday, 2nd December 1972, Telford United’s record in the FA Trophy read as follows: played: 22; won: 16; drawn: four; lost: two; goals scored: 57 and goals conceded: 21.

All of which was in marked contrast to the Robins' underwhelming showing in the FA Trophy since its inception for the 1969/70 season: played: seven; won: two; drawn: two; lost: three; goals scored: 11 and goals conceded: 12.

Buxton were also our first ever opponents in the FA Trophy back in December 1969.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:47:14 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 06:54:02 AM »

I was in the buxton vicinity pretty last night. No snow in the vicinity and 5 degrees. It was smashing it down though and the wind was wild.

The live webcam of market square is here, looks wet but nothing out of the ordinary

http://www.buxtonwebcam.com

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 08:31:20 AM »

I was in the buxton vicinity pretty last night. No snow in the vicinity and 5 degrees. It was smashing it down though and the wind was wild.

The live webcam of market square is here, looks wet but nothing out of the ordinary

http://www.buxtonwebcam.com

They’ll be keen to get it on for our ££. Can’t make it myself but I’d guess we’ll take 200-250 what with it being so easy on the trains.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buxton Match Thread