PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE- Match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE- Match thread  (Read 17070 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE- Match thread
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »

Huge game this, win and 9 points ahead of them with their 3 point deduction still anticipated-it would be a big step towards automatic promotion. Really hope we get it on as half term week so should be a good midweek attendance. Also hope we get a strong ref, can anticipate them trying the rough stuff.
Agree huge game this, but the yoga class is also hugely important to the club. The two shouldn't be clashing like this, the game should have been scheduled for the Wednesday
Getting tedious now.
Especially as it isn't Yoga

Yes, it’s getting boring now Jamie. Everyone knows Yoga is a Monday night. It’s Bollywood Dance on a Tuesday...

http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/activities-timetable/

karate on a Thursday didn't know that may take T
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »

Huge game this, win and 9 points ahead of them with their 3 point deduction still anticipated-it would be a big step towards automatic promotion. Really hope we get it on as half term week so should be a good midweek attendance. Also hope we get a strong ref, can anticipate them trying the rough stuff.
Agree huge game this, but the yoga class is also hugely important to the club. The two shouldn't be clashing like this, the game should have been scheduled for the Wednesday
Getting tedious now.

Yes, it’s getting boring now Jamie. Everyone knows Yoga is a Monday night. It’s Bollywood Dance on a Tuesday...

Apoligies my mistake, could we do Wednesdays then for the football?

Matt Taylor

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 07:25:09 AM »

Getting tedious now.

Apoligies my mistake, could we do Wednesdays then for the football?

I’m being a bit facetious. It really doesn’t bother me. Granted, that’s easy for me to say as I don’t go to home games anymore, but we are averaging 500-odd home crowds on a Tuesday night this season, playing in a minor regional league. Does anyone really care if they rope off half of the sports hall for a bit of dancing?

In fairness though, when we used to be football-focussed ourselves, there was always a disproportionate amount of fuss, ridicule and snide remarks made by plenty of the posters on here when we used to go to places like Hinckley etc. and they’d have non-football activities taking place at the same time as first team games. So at least those making an unnecessary fuss, now we are doing the same, are consistent if nothing else.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:33:49 AM by Matt Taylor »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »

Getting tedious now.

;D

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »

Going back to the weather, it all depends on how much it dries out today given the weather's going to be good, i.e. sunny with a bit of a breeze and staying above freezing.

There's no heavy rain due from now until then - just a critical 3-4 hours before KO where it looks like there's going to be rain and sleet due.

I'm hopeful they can get this on, but I haven't seen the state of the pitch going into today.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 09:32:48 AM »

There was about an inch of snow/sleet last night by the ground, sun in now out. Really depends on how the water dissipates if at all, were covers in place?

If no more snow/rain then there is a chance of game being on as long as does not freeze in my opinion.

roytonmike

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 10:26:30 AM »

Going back to the weather, it all depends on how much it dries out today given the weather's going to be good, i.e. sunny with a bit of a breeze and staying above freezing.
There's no heavy rain due from now until then - just a critical 3-4 hours before KO where it looks like there's going to be rain and sleet due.
I'm hopeful they can get this on, but I haven't seen the state of the pitch going into today.
Current BBC online forecast is dry today, light rain tomorrow morning becoming showery from lunchtime & dying out by late afternoon, then rain from Weds lunchtime into Thursday morning but dry after that thru Fri & Sat. On the face of it Sutton Coldfield on Saturday seems to have a reasonable chance of being played, but I suppose that could be affected by the state of the pitch if tomorrow night goes ahead? Time alone will tell, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:28:13 AM by roytonmike »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »

Alty 4/5
Draw 11/4
Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE 12/5

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »

Covers were in place on the popular side yesterday.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:44 PM »

Getting tedious now.

Only now? You obviously have a higher threshold than me young man.

How about a spot of Buzzcocks?

https://youtu.be/8KZTak_BFVQ

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 07:13:18 PM »

Top tune! I wonder what happened to my Spiral Scratch EP? Howard Devoto on vocals? Flynny - how about some more Magazine on RR?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »

Getting tedious now.

Only now? You obviously have a higher threshold than me young man.

ha ha .. bored bored bored https://youtu.be/0VH-tJSpkjA
ParkINson's red and white army

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »

Top tune! I wonder what happened to my Spiral Scratch EP? Howard Devoto on vocals? Flynny - how about some more Magazine on RR?

Anything in particular, sir?

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »

Anything in particular, sir?

Either Shot by Both Sides or Song From Under the Floorboards!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2018, 07:32:26 PM »

Alty 4/5
Draw 11/4
Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE 12/5

The AQUAFORCE the value at that price. Looking at their away record though they have not played away at us, Grantham or Warrington yet so difficult to gauge. Of the next tier of sides though they drew at Ashton and beaten at Farsley and Barwell which probably gives you the best indication. I’m cautiously optimistic we’ll beat them if it’s on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE- Match thread