News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Miller

Author Topic: Sean Miller  (Read 4925 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Sean Miller
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:55 PM »

Set to join Trafford on a months loan.

Will Walsh be returning, or someone coming in? One of the Wiginers?
Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

Re: Sean Miller
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:17:13 PM »

Would the lad still be here of he wasn't on a contract?

Doughty legacy
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:11:01 AM by Happy Clappy »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 07:24:50 AM »

He was our top scorer from midfield despite missing half the season and pretty sure he has no association with Doughty other than having once played under him.

You are like a tabloid newspaper on here, you sensationalise everything.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »

Very unfair - the lad was a rare bright spark at times last season and I thought he'd tear up this league.

A combination of injury and others doing well mean it hasn't quite happened, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »

Noticed that Darius Palma's spell at Kidsgrove has been ended (by us) and Mason Walsh has been making a good impression at Hednesford. Perhaps PP sees them as better (fitter) options?   

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:25:36 PM »

Walsh got a red card at hednesford, so we'd best be careful.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:58:54 PM »

Very unfair - the lad was a rare bright spark at times last season and I thought he'd tear up this league.

A combination of injury and others doing well mean it hasn't quite happened, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Agreed. Just needs to get fit and confident. He isn't and doesn't deserve to be a starter so a loan move is the best option. Recall Walsh,even though suspended but very much fit. Sensible decision.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 01:10:42 PM »

Miller stood out last season in what was otherwise a complete bag of sh*t,that doesn't make him a top player who can walk into this side. He needs to prove his fitness and force his way in if he's good enough and like Happy Clappy says if he wasn't on contract there's a good chance he'd have been released by now.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 06:01:27 PM »

Miller & to a lesser degree Taylor were the standouts in an absolute shambles of season. Whether either will make a regular impact in the remainder of this season is doubtful.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »

Can't honestly say the lad has been given a chance since returning to fitness. He's a good player and still young enough to get back to the level he was at before. Hope he propels Trafford to promotion.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »

Can't honestly say the lad has been given a chance since returning to fitness. He's a good player and still young enough to get back to the level he was at before. Hope he propels Trafford to promotion.

He was as others have pointed out a rare bright spark in an otherwise awful season, but there is no way that PP can put him in the team ahead of the likes of Hanks, Poole or JJ in his current physical shape. I have to say I've been a bit disappointed with his lack of desire to lose weight and get fit.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »

He was as others have pointed out a rare bright spark in an otherwise awful season, but there is no way that PP can put him in the team ahead of the likes of Hanks, Poole or JJ in his current physical shape. I have to say I've been a bit disappointed with his lack of desire to lose weight and get fit.

The last point is interesting, and certainly gives the manager a decision to make in the summer. I suppose it all depends on how many of PP's attacking targets become available from elsewhere, as I'm sure he'll have ideas.

Am I right in saying he was brought on as a straight swap for Jordan up top against Ashton last Tuesday? The ball did suddenly start coming back a lot more often. Losing 3 key players from our spine in the last 10 minutes was pretty disastrous.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:41 AM »

I've hoped for Miller to get back to his best. Last season I think he felt he had to try to rescue the situation single handed and did that by running at the opposition similar to JJ. This season, so far, it just isn't there.

He was an exciting prospect. At the moment he isn't. The future is in his hands though so he needs to work out whether he is really up for it and do the necessary.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:35 PM »

I think there is a preference for Amis when fit as a totally different option, jury out for me
Bernard Taylors barmy army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Miller