- 6 (12.5%)
Yes but I understand why we do it
- 12 (25%)
No
- 30 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: February 16, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Does the £5 offer bother you?  (Read 27083 times)

andrewflynn

Does the £5 offer bother you?
« on: February 15, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »

N/T

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does the £5 offer bother you?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:26:42 PM »

Its a bit of a slap in the face for the long standing supporters, where is our reward for supporting them home and away week in week out? I've stopped getting wound up by the decisions made by the board now though, focus entirely on the football, which has thankfully been very enjoyable this season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:33:54 PM »

For the record, it’s a “yes but I understand” from me.

I think token gestures like the drinks on Non League Day help but there needs to be a bit more back if we’re planning on running with this offer more often. Softens the blow.

At the same time, we’ve had a few postponements and need the money. Plus they’re people that simple wouldn’t come unless it’s incentivised. So I can take it.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:41:01 PM »

Its a brilliant idea but should be for all .

And if your a season ticket holder for Alty you get a free drink instead
ParkINson's red and white army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »

Get more in I say.

Wayno has a good idea there. We could give others a book to stamp. Pay full in five games and get in for free, something like that.

It’s been said countless times, how many of us started on messenger tickets. What’s the current equivalent?

Alty5678

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:04:23 PM »

I think it's a great idea to get the fans through the gate and hopefully get them interested in returning when Utd/City aren't playing at other times, at full price.

I don't know how many take up the offer but if we get 10-20 back for other games, it's another £100- £200, plus whatever they may spend whilst in the ground, in the coffers.

If it does become a regular thing, I agree that there has to be some kind of 'reward' for Alty season ticket holders.

If it  becomes too regular, it will be along the lines of a DFS 'sale' and it'll just turn into the norm, which is not what those going week in week out, without the discounted entrance, will want to see.

Great as a promotion, not so great as a regular occurrence.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:11:27 PM »

Get more in I say.

Wayno has a good idea there. We could give others a book to stamp. Pay full in five games and get in for free, something like that.

It’s been said countless times, how many of us started on messenger tickets. What’s the current equivalent?

I’d guess the current equivalent would be the free tickets distributed to schools. I was hooked through free tickets at the leisure centre, too.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »

I agree with it and support it as it may get some people hooked and it justifys itself. Regular fans get nothing, never have, as long as we don’t get derided in the press without foundation, that doesn’t bother me to be honest.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 07:11:52 PM »

Doesn't bother in the slightest.
Full time and proud of it

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »

No its fine, season tickets still remain good value, and it promotes the club to others
Bernard Taylors barmy army

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:03 PM »

With United and City matches at 3pm on a Saturday seemingly reducing every season, its good that we're showing fans from those clubs an alternative. It is a bit annoying that some of us will be paying twice what some "floating" fans are but the world is full of offers for new customers so as long as it isn't too regular I'm ok with it.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:16 PM »

Last time it was on I was stuck behind a group. Two city fans two united fans, two full price and four kids. Bulk buying that might not have happened at full price.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »

I fully get it, and see the gains we get from it. But it slightly pisses me off as an OAP to be paying 40% more to get in than these people pay.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »

Do we know exactly how many supporters have taken advantage of the offer when we’ve run it in the past? It always surprises me that we never release the numbers after the game.
The reason I ask is because if only 40 odd were taking advantage of the £5 offer, and we were upsetting a fair number of regular fans then it would be fair to consider it more trouble than it was worth. However, if it was boosting home crowds by 400 odd United/City fans, then more supporters may consider the additional matchday revenue for the club a price worth paying.

For the record, when I did used to go home games (and had a season ticket for many years), it never bothered me in the slightest how much other people were paying to get in. Personally, I’d have the £5 offer on for every game, and extend it to all ST holders from other league clubs. And to students. And jobless. And armed forces. And NHS workers. Etc etc.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »

I think there should be a data collection element. £5 in but we'd like to be able to invite you back again, please give us a email or phone number - obviously within GDPR terms.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does the £5 offer bother you?