- 6 (12.5%)
Yes but I understand why we do it
- 12 (25%)
No
- 30 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: February 16, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Does the £5 offer bother you?  (Read 27317 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does the £5 offer bother you?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »

On a serious note the amount of threads turning into squabbles is embarrasing

We need a separate squabble board

On a positve note my daughter had a fab day yesterday getting a pic in the police car and with the main man himself

Top day

I didn't realise that Kenny was there on Saturday.
he was indeed wearing a very fetching gangster wolly hat
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »

On a serious note the amount of threads turning into squabbles is embarrasing

We need a separate squabble board

On a positve note my daughter had a fab day yesterday getting a pic in the police car and with the main man himself

Top day
What had they nicked you for ?

Excessive Teasing Act, 2006.
bravo . One shalt not tickle chins univited
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2018, 02:32:27 PM »

Shaw Lane average 202.......their owner must wonder why he bothers.....that's for a team that led the league for a long period and have since mostly had it in their own hands to win the league.....

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »

They are bottom of the league for away attendance so obviously have no real fans...pointless club just the plumber fella's ego trip.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »

They are bottom of the league for away attendance so obviously have no real fans...pointless club just the plumber fella's ego trip.
Well we'd better make sure WE don't trip !

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2018, 06:35:00 PM »

Well we'd better make sure WE don't trip !

It is a serious point though. It's one thing bankrolling a club through the leagues, but the inability to stage home games to achieve it because you rent someone else's pitch surely questions the whole point of the exercise doesn't it? Their landlords Athersley Rec successfully played at home on Saturday in the NCEL Prem Div.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:48:30 PM by JTH »

Matt Taylor

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »

Think this United City £5 thing has been done enough now, 905 was an appalling attendance considering. Try doing something for the Altrincham fans for once, so much for diversity

How many did you think we should have been getting for the game Jamie? Whether or not you would describe it as “appalling” probably depends on how many you were expecting to come in the first place.

Personally I though 905 taken in isolation is a decent enough Saturday crowd for us at this level, all things considered. However, in the context of the anti-homophobia day, the prominent national/local media coverage, and the £5 ST offer, then I was definitely a little ‘underwhelmed’ by the crowd myself, rather than appalled.
That said, we only got 900-odd for NLD with big fanfare, so perhaps it’s fair to say that my own expectations for Saturday were a little on the high side too.

Does anyone know how many Utd/City STs we got through the gate in the end?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »

I think the 1400 against Warrington was a freak
Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2018, 11:56:17 PM »

Think this United City £5 thing has been done enough now, 905 was an appalling attendance considering. Try doing something for the Altrincham fans for once, so much for diversity

How many did you think we should have been getting for the game Jamie? Whether or not you would describe it as “appalling” probably depends on how many you were expecting to come in the first place.

Personally I though 905 taken in isolation is a decent enough Saturday crowd for us at this level, all things considered. However, in the context of the anti-homophobia day, the prominent national/local media coverage, and the £5 ST offer, then I was definitely a little ‘underwhelmed’ by the crowd myself, rather than appalled.
That said, we only got 900-odd for NLD with big fanfare, so perhaps it’s fair to say that my own expectations for Saturday were a little on the high side too.

I would be expecting to be getting 900 odd as a minimum without any crass or desperate offers on, so with all the publicity and offers and homophobia or diversity the crowd was appalling considering the football we're playing and top of the league. Parky and the lads deserve better

I guess the damage has been done and until Rowley goes many just won't return, and trying to replace those missing fans by pimping ourselves to United and City fans is just papering over the cracks and not sustainable

bighairedmike

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2018, 06:34:18 AM »

I would be expecting to be getting 900 odd as a minimum without any crass or desperate offers on, so with all the publicity and offers and homophobia or diversity the crowd was appalling considering the football we're playing and top of the league. Parky and the lads deserve better

I guess the damage has been done and until Rowley goes many just won't return, and trying to replace those missing fans by pimping ourselves to United and City fans is just papering over the cracks and not sustainable

Even at the lowest level of football this club has ever played at, and after the last 2 seasons which have been an unmitigated disaster?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:01 AM »

How many people are still boycotting home games specifically until we have a new Chairman? Impossible to know exactly but an idea of numbers would be interesting. I respect their decision to stay away.

I thought it was a decent crowd on Saturday to be fair.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:17:00 AM by Bob »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2018, 07:53:11 AM »

A factor in the attendances is the away following, it could have been no more than 5 or 6 on sat so 900 home fans is decent, add the usual 200 away in the conf would have been 1100
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »

I’d guess we’ll end the season with an average of 850 or thereabouts which after 2.5 prior seasons of weekly defeats, minimal away support, little wider media exposure and the lowest level the club has played at in its modern history is fine by me. Any criticism of our crowd numbers this season is frankly bizarre.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »

I’d guess we’ll end the season with an average of 850 or thereabouts which after 2.5 prior seasons of weekly defeats, minimal away support, little wider media exposure and the lowest level the club has played at in its modern history is fine by me. Any criticism of our crowd numbers this season is frankly bizarre.

Forum tinnitus.

Just about every thread has an entry in the bizarre complaint category. When you constantly bombard every topic with the same underlying message, regardless of relevance, that underlying message loses all potency and indeed the very pertinent message underlying it gets lost as people switch off (or indeed stop looking at the forum at all).

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »

I do agree about papering over the cracks. It seems we are trying to replace our absent core supporters (very noticeable on Saturday, it was silent at times) with new fans, rather than open up dialogue with them through a new supporter's group that seems to have fallen flat on its face.

Entirely disagree about the attendance being appalling though. Our average attendance when we won promotion from the National League North in 13/14 was 909.. Our 14/15 National League season saw 3 home games with an attendance below 905: 894 v Braintree, 850 v Welling United, 870 v Dover. Our 15/16 National League season saw 5 games with an attendance below 905: 677 v Eastleigh, 861 v Braintree, 869 v Kidderminster, 826 v Woking, 805 v Gateshead.

Some would have you believe that everything is alright because our attendances are doing okay and we're top of a league, but it still clearly isn't. If anything its kind of a shame we are doing alright without them because data wise the absence isn't that noticeable to be honest. In the ground on a match day however, we're still very far away from what we once were.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does the £5 offer bother you?