- 6 (12.5%)
Yes but I understand why we do it
- 12 (25%)
No
- 30 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: February 16, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Does the £5 offer bother you?  (Read 27354 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does the £5 offer bother you?
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »

Think this United City £5 thing has been done enough now, 905 was an appalling attendance considering. Try doing something for the Altrincham fans for once, so much for diversity

How many did you think we should have been getting for the game Jamie? Whether or not you would describe it as “appalling” probably depends on how many you were expecting to come in the first place.

Personally I though 905 taken in isolation is a decent enough Saturday crowd for us at this level, all things considered. However, in the context of the anti-homophobia day, the prominent national/local media coverage, and the £5 ST offer, then I was definitely a little ‘underwhelmed’ by the crowd myself, rather than appalled.
That said, we only got 900-odd for NLD with big fanfare, so perhaps it’s fair to say that my own expectations for Saturday were a little on the high side too.

Does anyone know how many Utd/City STs we got through the gate in the end?

I would be expecting to be getting 900 odd as a minimum without any crass or desperate offers on, so with all the publicity and offers and homophobia or diversity the crowd was appalling considering the football we're playing and top of the league. Parky and the lads deserve better

I guess the damage has been done and until Rowley goes many just won't return, and trying to replace those missing fans by pimping ourselves to United and City fans is just papering over the cracks and not sustainable

I do agree about papering over the cracks. It seems we are trying to replace our absent core supporters (very noticeable on Saturday, it was silent at times) with new fans, rather than open up dialogue with them through a new supporter's group that seems to have fallen flat on its face.

Entirely disagree about the attendance being appalling though. Our average attendance when we won promotion from the National League North in 13/14 was 909.. Our 14/15 National League season saw 3 home games with an attendance below 905: 894 v Braintree, 850 v Welling United, 870 v Dover. Our 15/16 National League season saw 5 games with an attendance below 905: 677 v Eastleigh, 861 v Braintree, 869 v Kidderminster, 826 v Woking, 805 v Gateshead.

Some would have you believe that everything is alright because our attendances are doing okay and we're top of a league, but it still clearly isn't. If anything its kind of a shame we are doing alright without them because data wise the absence isn't that noticeable to be honest. In the ground on a match day however, we're still very far away from what we once were.

Very much so. The atmosphere is nowhere near what it was, which is a shame. With regards the dialogue between the chairman and supporters group, is there anything other than step down that GR could do that would entice the absent fans back? Or are they gone for good?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 04:40:44 PM »

It was good to see the flags at the back of the Golf Road stand again on Saturday.

Dave Acton Jnr

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »

First home game this season I was unable to get too , I thought the same when saw the pictures good to see the flags back up. Makes the golf road feel more atmospheric, good work to whoever's got them up for the game. Agree atmosphere isnt what it was but to be expected with some off the main choir faces no longer attending. But do feel its back on the up a bit,bin few good atmospheres this season at times.

andrewflynn

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »

I stuck the flags up, glad they were noticed.

They'll be going up regularly again now - home and away. I was holding out on someone taking ownership of it but I'll have to put Twitter down for five minutes... If anyone wants me to look after / put up a flag that they may have at home then give me a shout. Better than it being in the cupboard.

The huge one was ripped by Macclesfield fans and we'll be looking at repairing that in April.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »

Think this United City £5 thing has been done enough now, 905 was an appalling attendance considering. Try doing something for the Altrincham fans for once, so much for diversity

How many did you think we should have been getting for the game Jamie? Whether or not you would describe it as “appalling” probably depends on how many you were expecting to come in the first place.

Personally I though 905 taken in isolation is a decent enough Saturday crowd for us at this level, all things considered. However, in the context of the anti-homophobia day, the prominent national/local media coverage, and the £5 ST offer, then I was definitely a little ‘underwhelmed’ by the crowd myself, rather than appalled.
That said, we only got 900-odd for NLD with big fanfare, so perhaps it’s fair to say that my own expectations for Saturday were a little on the high side too.

Does anyone know how many Utd/City STs we got through the gate in the end?

I would be expecting to be getting 900 odd as a minimum without any crass or desperate offers on, so with all the publicity and offers and homophobia or diversity the crowd was appalling considering the football we're playing and top of the league. Parky and the lads deserve better

I guess the damage has been done and until Rowley goes many just won't return, and trying to replace those missing fans by pimping ourselves to United and City fans is just papering over the cracks and not sustainable

On what basis though Jamie? The hardcore Tuesday night average is down in the 500s this season.
It would seem that the offers and publicity, that you consider “desperate”, are exactly what is bumping us past 900 for some Saturday games.

GB Alty

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2018, 08:51:21 PM »

Interesting point Matt, so your saying our hard core is down to 500? Is that where we're at as a club now? How many do you think are staying away

Also if 905 was thanks to letting United and City fans in for half price and diversity what do you think the turnout would have been otherwise? Would it have been healthy in your eyes?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »

There's still a lot of frustration on here but the facts are that the doomsday scenario predicted by some of the posters last March has not come to pass. I don't think the offer to City/United fans is making a huge difference. In terms of gate receipts I bet there's only a marginal effect

How many people turn up if the ticket price goes up by 50% over the summer might be another matter.

Alty5678

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:25 PM »

Interesting point Matt, so your saying our hard core is down to 500? Is that where we're at as a club now? How many do you think are staying away

Also if 905 was thanks to letting United and City fans in for half price and diversity what do you think the turnout would have been otherwise? Would it have been healthy in your eyes?

What did you expect the attendance to be to categorise the 905 as appalling?

Not "we shouldn't be at this level".
Not "people are staying away until Rowley goes".

To be classed as "appalling" I'd say the attendance would be around 50% of what you expected. So is around 1,800 nearer to what you actually expected, given the current situation?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 01:18:38 AM »

The huge one was ripped by Macclesfield fans and we'll be looking at repairing that in April.

Macc Town scum
They really should be beating teams like us

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 09:51:17 AM »

Macc Town scum

Probably retribution for posing outside their ground with it on the way to Leek a few years ago. Them guys ain't got no sensayuma.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »

Macc Town scum

Probably retribution for posing outside their ground with it on the way to Leek a few years ago. Them guys ain't got no sensayuma.

It was on the way back from Leek with all of us slightly worse for drink. Great pic taken by quality minibus driver Omar.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »

Macc Town scum

It was on the way back from Leek with all of us slightly worse for drink. Great pic taken by quality minibus driver Omar.
if that was retribution for that why did they smash up the mini bus then ... ps ill never gp back there ever . Hate the place 🤔
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »

If i had the eye of an eagle
.. if i had the arse of a crow

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »

Macc Town scum

what an awful event that turned very sour with the leek animals

Matt Taylor

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 11:13:28 PM »

It’s reasonable to assume we might get a few less through the door on a Tuesday than on a Saturday. But the conversion this season from those being enticed to the Saturday games (by the promotions to bump the crowds), to those who would turn out to a midweek game, seems disappointing.

There are many still going to the home games, in spite of the ongoing off-field issues, which is fair enough. But it’s clear that enough regular fans are staying away (or only attending away games) to make a difference to the home crowds when some of them have been as low as they have this season.

I’m still not sure how many Utd/City turned up on Saturday, and so don’t know how much difference it made in the end. I thought 905 for a ‘normal’ Saturday was healthy enough to be honest, and around where I would expect us to be at the moment.
I just thought we’d get more through the gate last Saturday with us being top of the league, Utd/City not playing at 3pm, the £5 offer, advertising Utd game in the bar, the diversity promotion, and the prominent media coverage during the week.
But we’ve never played a this level of the pyramid before so it’s hard to say what we we should or shouldn’t be getting.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does the £5 offer bother you?