- 6 (12.5%)
Yes but I understand why we do it
- 12 (25%)
No
- 30 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: February 16, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Does the £5 offer bother you?  (Read 27321 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does the £5 offer bother you?
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2018, 11:30:32 PM »

There aren't that many going to away matches that don't turn up to home matches. Probably 100 or so. No disrespect to the people involved. Just trying to quantify it.

The rest presumably have given up on home and away support.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:50 PM »

There aren't that many going to away matches that don't turn up to home matches. Probably 100 or so. No disrespect to the people involved. Just trying to quantify it.

If we have 100 people going to away games who, perfectly understandably, refuse to go to home games, that is a fair percentage of our core support.

bighairedmike

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »

If we have 100 people going to away games who, perfectly understandably, refuse to go to home games, that is a fair percentage of our core support.

Agreed. I’d also estimate about 50-100 have packed it in all together.

Just to show my working, I saw a photo a few weeks back from the Lincoln FA Cup match of about 40 Alty fans. Of those 40 only 4 still go regularly, 3 of which are match day club volunteers, and about 5 only do away games.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »

To be quite honest, I'm too old now be militant. Twenty years ago I'd have washed my hands of the whole shooting match (I had a full season's personal boycott a few years ago) but now I just want to watch half-decent football that I can engage with for my declining years.

I've learned to tolerate the things I cannot change, but there's a lot I'm still unhappy about.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2018, 12:40:13 PM »

To be quite honest, I'm too old now be militant. Twenty years ago I'd have washed my hands of the whole shooting match (I had a full season's personal boycott a few years ago) but now I just want to watch half-decent football that I can engage with for my declining years.

I've learned to tolerate the things I cannot change, but there's a lot I'm still unhappy about.

Well said that man.

It would be interesting to see, if it were somehow put to a vote, how many of our support base are happy with the current regime. I suspect it would not exactly be a ringing endorsement (and that's putting it mildly).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »

I think a significant proportion are unaware of any issue, and quite a few more are aware but are happy or at least happy enough not to seek change.

Whilst things aren't perfect I think they could be far worse so I'm inclined to stick with the current scenario.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »

Not sure how they could be worse, we were playing away at Bristol rovers 36 months ago this week. There’s many people staying away, hopefully they will return once we have a new chairman but it is very easy for people’s habits to change. It’s ruined my Saturdays if I’m honest. A winning team will paper over the cracks, these aren’t spectators that are missing, these are supporters, people who have stood in the terraces at Torquay and Dover on a Tuesday night. See the bar after every home game these days, empty. Whichever way it gets dressed up, and whatever people’s opinions, until we have a new figurehead the place will remain fractured. It’s hurting a lot of these people to stay away.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:20:58 PM by The Jesters Shoes »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »

I thought 905 was pretty decent but did think we might hit 1k

I had a fantastic day at the game saturday and so did my daughter

One thing that did strike me was the lack of any atmosphere in the watmore lounge at full time

Nothing

Oh for the days of fast service in the noel white suite and fans singing
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:34:16 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2018, 04:24:30 PM »

I think a significant proportion are unaware of any issue, and quite a few more are aware but are happy or at least happy enough not to seek change.

Whilst things aren't perfect I think they could be far worse so I'm inclined to stick with the current scenario.

Hmmm, I beg to differ, well actually I'm not begging at all, my view differs considerably from yours. There is already a significant percentage of supporters staying either away all together or away from home games. I would put an estimate of around 10% on this (and that may well be a very conservative estimate). There are also a lot more, like 'One Foot in the Grave' above who are far from happy with the way things are, but do not wish to stop going to games.

Whatever way you look at it we are talking 100's who are not happy with the current regime and whilst there may be others who are unaware of what has been going on, the ones who are aware and unhappy are a significant percentage.

This is NOT a happy situation where the status quo is acceptable and a winning team (at our lowest ever level in recent times) can paper over the cracks.

This is NOT a team issue, PP and the team deserve all the plaudits for the way we are operating at this level.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:02:11 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Cider Alty

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2018, 04:25:15 PM »

Top of the league (don't ask which one)
Guaranteed (well very nearly) a home win ever home game
Tenner to get in
Attractive football (mostly)

Yet our crowd size is underwhelming to say the least and there is no atmosphere at all.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2018, 05:10:37 PM »

This is NOT a team issue, PP and the team deserve all the plaudits for the way we are operating at this level.

Surely the board deserve at least some of the plaudits for this, backing the manager with a decent sized budget, the resource made available via the statszone in Rob Esteva amongst other things.

Yet our crowd size is underwhelming to say the least and there is no atmosphere at all.

Looking back 2 seasons ago when we were still in the conf national ( I think the highest level we've ever operated at ! ), there were Sat crowds of 861 vs Braintree, 869 vs Kidderminster, so lower than we got last Saturday.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »

Surely the board deserve at least some of the plaudits for this, backing the manager with a decent sized budget, thme resource made available via the statszone in Rob Esteva amongst other things.

Looking back 2 seasons ago when we were still in the conf national ( I think the highest level we've ever operated at ! ), there were Sat crowds of 861 vs Braintree, 869 vs Kidderminster, so lower than we got last Saturday.

The board could/should of put money in when we were in the national lge when Sinnott was here and insisted he improved the team. As for appointing a good manager in PP. Yes they finally did  but by Christ  we had some sh*t ones ones beforehand.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »

Surely the board deserve at least some of the plaudits for this, backing the manager with a decent sized budget, the resource made available via the statszone in Rob Esteva amongst other things.

Do they? In the first place, there has to be some acceptance of responsibility for being in this position we are currently in.

Secondly, and without going over the same old ground again, there is much more to this than 'on-the-field' matters as I am sure you are aware.

Yep, but the fact is that there were two promotions on last Saturday and plenty of media exposure. You are not comparing like with like on a whole host of levels. I actually don't think 905 was that bad for last Saturday, but it could have been so much more and many of those who create the matchday atmosphere are not present.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:33:42 PM by Uncle Globnasty »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »

I thought rob came to the public meeting and offered to help afterwards.And without wanting to sound churlish, if we couldn’t put a decent budget together in this league, we might as well close. All this could have been avoided if the right decisions were made when Lee Sinnott left, the knock on and all that came afterwards was a disaster. From people announcing themselves as manager on the radio to people announcing themselves as assistant manager on twitter the day we learnt Sinnott has gone. PP is doing and fantastic job and we are playing good football and it will be a superb achievement to get a side thrown together in the summer promoted. People were badly scarred by what went on and probably won’t have any closure on the matter until we have a new chairman. Sorry if that is unpalatable, but that’s just the way I read it.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »

As there's no sign of anyone buying the available shares I can't see much change at boardroom level.

Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does the £5 offer bother you?