PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ashton Match Thread  (Read 13626 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ashton Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »

Of note for punting fans is we’ve come in even further on the outright betting for the league title, Alty now at 2/7 on and the AQUAFORCE out to 5/1 now. Tomorrow will be another big step.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »

You can still get 4/9 on Skybet
Full time and proud of it

Alty5678

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »

You can still get 4/9 on Skybet

Looks like Skybet haven't realised Shaw Lane have had the points deduction, they're still 9/4

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »

6:40pm and no comments on todays game!

The pitch played much worse than it looked and probably had a lot to do with Chalmers injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

All things considered we were not good enough today. Aside from the Johnson superb team goal we were  slow, sloppy and full of wrong decisions. Their freekick was the killer, probably not a foul but neither was our pen.

Not overly impressed with White or Hancock.

Draw was a fair result. How there was so little time added in both halves sums up the officials

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 06:51:36 PM »

6:40pm and no comments on todays game!

The pitch played much worse than it looked and probably had a lot to do with Chalmers injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

All things considered we were not good enough today. Aside from the Johnson superb team goal we were  slow, sloppy and full of wrong decisions. Their freekick was the killer, probably not a foul but neither was our pen.

Not overly impressed with White or Hancock.

Draw was a fair result. How there was so little time added in both halves sums up the officials

Pretty much sums it up.

I’d like to add that PP chopping and changing things, like he did when we nearly blew it against Ashton earlier in the month, cost us 3 points too in my opinion.

A draw was a fair result though.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 07:00:27 PM »

Must admit don't know why he brought Harrop off.

Any idea why their goalkeeper coach was clapping and laughing at us at the end?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »

crowd of 546 how many Alty roughyl ?

louise1925

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »

The experience and quality offered by Dens and Hannigan is a big miss for us. Hopefully both back in the team ASAP.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 07:20:31 PM »

crowd of 546 how many Alty roughyl ?
Difficult to say when we were all spread out but we were certainly the majority

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »

The experience and quality offered by Dens and Hannigan is a big miss for us. Hopefully both back in the team ASAP.

Can't see Hannigan playing left wing

roytonmike

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »

When we played them at our place questionable substitutions were made & we conceded two goals. Today the same thing happened. Granted, Hancock had been pretty anonymous - but the management clearly see something in Mason Walsh that I for one don't. To my mind he isn't able to retain the ball & doesn't cover back enough. Bringing Richman on to add competitiveness in midfield made sense to me, though whether at the expense of Harrop might be debated, but I find it hard to defend the introduction of Walsh. Peers, for all his shortcomings, would have done a better job. That said, Ashton deserved to get something out of the game in my opinion and a draw away against a side in the top five who've taken 20 points from their last 8 home league games is hardly a disaster. I note in passing that today was their best home gate of the season, more than double their previous best, & I'll be interested to see how many they get for the Tameside derby on Tuesday (weather permitting of course).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:43:07 PM by roytonmike »

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »

He played in every outfield position for Vauxhall Motors in the Conference North.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »

He played in every outfield position for Vauxhall Motors in the Conference North.

Staying fit would be a bonus before we think about playing him out of position!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 08:12:53 PM »

Draw fair result. 1st half we seemed to be controlling the game without really creating much, and never really got going 2nd half.

After the best ref we had all season last week, this one was up there as one of the worst I've seen, and I'm never one to usually have a go at refs. Our penalty was never one, the free kick for their 2nd was never one, and I don't think I've ever seen the full time whistle blown when the ball has gone out for a corner. You always see if they have gone past the allocated time that they allow the final passage of attacking play to be completed.

4 points against a top 5 side is good for me. Same return from the 2 games against Shaw Lane should see us further strengthen our position, and dare I say it one hand on the trophy.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »

Have to agree with most of the above. But Walsh wasn't any more useless than Hancock, who seems to have lost a bit of edge since Christmas.

However, I just don't see White as an asset - a fit Densmore at RB and I believe we might well have taken the points. White is admittedly left-sided and therefore playing out of position, but his distribution is poor, and he's not quick to recover when he loses position.

From the start of the second half, we were as poor as I've seen us this season. Then we scored twice very quickly.  If we are to win this league, we absolutely MUST hold on to situations like that.

I was really frustrated by their second goal, as it was pretty well the same free kick the guy buried at Moss Lane, yet we were still unable to set up correctly to deal with it.

I said before kick off that I thought a high scoring draw was on the cards, and that it wouldn't be a bad point, but from 3-1 up I should have been proved wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Match Thread