PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ashton Match Thread  (Read 13623 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Ashton Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 11:03:46 PM »

Have to agree with most of the above. But Walsh wasn't any more useless than Hancock, who seems to have lost a bit of edge since Christmas.

However, I just don't see White as an asset - a fit Densmore at RB and I believe we might well have taken the points. White is admittedly left-sided and therefore playing out of position, but his distribution is poor, and he's not quick to recover when he loses position.

From the start of the second half, we were as poor as I've seen us this season. Then we scored twice very quickly.  If we are to win this league, we absolutely MUST hold on to situations like that.

I was really frustrated by their second goal, as it was pretty well the same free kick the guy buried at Moss Lane, yet we were still unable to set up correctly to deal with it.

I said before kick off that I thought a high scoring draw was on the cards, and that it wouldn't be a bad point, but from 3-1 up I should have been proved wrong.

I think we’ve played three games against them and our aggregate score is 9-7 . This was never going to be a walkover, never mind how good we are/should be.

*Edited fornspelling purposes only
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:05:46 AM by George Heslops Moustache »

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 11:52:49 PM »

crowd of 546 how many Alty roughyl ?
When they scored there seemed to be about 50 people who were remotely bothered. Rather weirdly, the 100 or so people on their pop side didn't appear to react to any of the goals. Maybe they get a lot of neutrals at Ashton.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2018, 07:52:56 AM »

Must admit don't know why he brought Harrop off.

Any idea why their goalkeeper coach was clapping and laughing at us at the end?

If it was Paul Phillips it wouldn’t surprise me, guys a complete kn*b jockey

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »

crowd of 546 how many Alty roughyl ?
When they scored there seemed to be about 50 people who were remotely bothered. Rather weirdly, the 100 or so people on their pop side didn't appear to react to any of the goals. Maybe they get a lot of neutrals at Ashton.
There were a few who'd turned up because Oldham's match was off.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »

I hate looking at this forum when we dont win by miles, goes to show how far we have come but a draw away at a team who dont lose at home and are in the top 5 is decent.  Some quality defenders in the ashton team so not concerned,  walsh and hancock were about the same and i think richman came on for harrop to shore up the middle.
Ok so shaw lane and warrington won, neither of those will be getting many points away at ashton.
Keep calm still on course
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 10:06:50 AM »

I hate looking at this forum when we dont win by miles, goes to show how far we have come but a draw away at a team who dont lose at home and are in the top 5 is decent.  Some quality defenders in the ashton team so not concerned,  walsh and hancock were about the same and i think richman came on for harrop to shore up the middle.
Ok so shaw lane and warrington won, neither of those will be getting many points away at ashton.

Shaw Lane drew 3-3 and Warrington lost 2-0 at Ashton.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »

Good to see some old faces watching the Robins yesterday

Very disappointing to concede that late and drop 2 points.

Need to step it up if we are to beat Shaw Lane
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »

Isn’t that a little over the top? No one has said anything that dramatic have they? I think supporters should probably be allowed to discuss and question why we’ve been leading 3-1 with 20 mins to go, in any game (at any level), that we haven’t gone on to win.

Yesterday never felt like we were on course to win 4-0, but I didn’t think for a minute that we weren’t going to win the game during the first 70 mins. But these things happen.

A draw at Ashton isn’t the end of the world. And we’ll still win the league by a distance.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »

I just didn't think we passed the ball very well at all second half, the obvious exception being JJ's goal which was magnificently out of place. As has been said above it can't be a co-incidence our defensive record is far superior with Hannigan in the team. It's not an out and out criticism of Jones I just think he forms a more solid partnership with Harrison and Dens is simply a better player than White on performances thus far anyway. So the sooner those two return the better for me. Sure losing a two goal lead is a niggle but one defeat in 23 games is championship form and if picking up a point at a side which has lost once in 16 (against us) is seen as a blip - I'll take it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:46:03 PM by JTH »

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »

We seem to be conceding a lot of late goals recently, wondering if the lads are fit enough?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »

Like virtually every team at this level (some might argue at any level), we are dependent on our first choice players being fit and available. Without them, we are vulnerable. Luck will play a big part in the run in.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »

Isn’t that a little over the top? No one has said anything that dramatic have they? I think supporters should probably be allowed to discuss and question why we’ve been leading 3-1 with 20 mins to go, in any game (at any level), that we haven’t gone on to win.

Yesterday never felt like we were on course to win 4-0, but I didn’t think for a minute that we weren’t going to win the game during the first 70 mins. But these things happen.

A draw at Ashton isn’t the end of the world. And we’ll still win the league by a distance.

Yep fair enough, i think the criticism of pp subs above is over the top but agree with you, just wanted to reassert my belief that ashton are a pretty good team
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Happy clapper

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »

We seem to be conceding a lot of late goals recently, wondering if the lads are fit enough?

I think its more to do with hannigan being out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ashton Match Thread