News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Stourbridge Re-arranged

Author Topic: Altrincham v Stourbridge Re-arranged  (Read 3731 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »

Tuesday March 6th @ 7.45pm.

Alty5678

Re: Altrincham v Stourbridge Re-arranged
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »

That now means 4 home games in 12 days!

That iis going to be a bit much on the wallets of some. It could therefore be a great opportunity for the club to offer up some kind of scheme, to reduce pricing for those attending all games (Free entry to St Patrick's Day Stalybridge game, if attending the previous three?).

Could the SLOs look into this with the club? It might be a tight turnaround to put something in place but worth looking into.

AFC SLO

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:44:39 PM »

That iis going to be a bit much on the wallets of some. It could therefore be a great opportunity for the club to offer up some kind of scheme, to reduce pricing for those attending all games (Free entry to St Patrick's Day Stalybridge game, if attending the previous three?).

Could the SLOs look into this with the club? It might be a tight turnaround to put something in place but worth looking into.

I’ve forwarded this to the club and will update as soon as I know anything.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:25:12 PM »

That’s all very well, I appreciate it may be a strain...but with little consideration for those of us who purchased a season ticket at full price. If it’s not enough to see targeted games being reduced for United and City season ticket holders..you are now advocating reductions based on the number of home games in quick succession.

When are loyal season ticket holders going to get their rewards for putting much needed cash in the coffers before the start of the season? Cash that will have been used to secure contracts of players we are all now enjoying watching.

Seems that season tickets holders are not considered when the discounts are being handed out. No offence, but I hope the Club don’t consider your proposal, if it even gets that far.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »

That’s all very well, I appreciate it may be a strain...but with little consideration for those of us who purchased a season ticket at full price. If it’s not enough to see targeted games being reduced for United and City season ticket holders..you are now advocating reductions based on the number of home games in quick succession.

When are loyal season ticket holders going to get their rewards for putting much needed cash in the coffers before the start of the season? Cash that will have been used to secure contracts of players we are all now enjoying watching.

Seems that season tickets holders are not considered when the discounts are being handed out. No offence, but I hope the Club don’t consider your proposal, if it even gets that far.

The CSH game could be free for season-ticket holders, if it isn't already. I know it isn't the most ideal of games to go to but it would be a start.

Alty5678

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't season tickets discounted at the start of the season, and even more so if purchased as an 'early bird' offer? So, the answer to your question is; from the very outset and before the season has begun is when the season ticket holders are thought of and have already been considered on that front.

From what I can see, a season ticket for 23 games (plus friendlies) is £180 as opposed to £230 plus friendly admissions, so a 'saving' of at least £50. Please don't come back with, 'they are discounted because' I know exactly why they are discounted and the way business works.

That said, if something was looked at to increase crowds, in this short period of home game after home game, then I believe the club could do something for the season ticket holders too. A suggestion would be good, rather than just shooting down another's thoughts.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »

Is this a joke?

Anyway thought the Stalybridge game was being earmarked for another Rowley out demonstration ?

Alty5678

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »

Is this a joke?

Anyway thought the Stalybridge game was being earmarked for another Rowley out demonstration ?

Was that the day of your planned return then?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »

Good grief. Perhaps a little consideration that as a season ticket holder (who presumably has the club's best interest at heart) you could set aside the very slight reduction in your season ticket discount for the greater good?

The offer isn't being suggested as a giveaway to a certain section of fans, it's to encourage people to come who might not have done if they had to pay full price for every game over the period. The aim is to increase revenue for the club.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:18:37 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »

All season ticket holders are doing is locking in a price for the season. The people likely to take up this offer for buy 3 get 4 games, aren't going to be those that benefitted from the MUFC/MCFC ticket deal.

Season ticket holders should be thankful they have a reduced rate over the course of the season. Those that pay in week in week out get neither the benefit of MUFC / MCFC deals or the ST discount.
It's all my fault.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »

So a season ticket holder paid £180 for 23 league games and any pre-season friendlies which, this season, was 3. So that’s 26 games paid for which works out at £6.92 per game.

The scheme that has been hypothetically thrown out there would be something along the lines of pay for three, get one free. At full price, that works out at £7.50 per game.

If the targeted offer for Manchester United/City fans brings back fans who wouldnt normally have come then that is only of a benefit to the club. If they also take advantage of this proposed offer then they will have paid for 5 games at a cost of £35. Still £7 per game and more than the season ticket discounted price. If we factor in that if they have come back for 4 more games then they will probably come back for more until the end of the season, paying the full £10, their “discount” price will only increase from £7.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 08:25:06 AM »

Great idea, I fully support it.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »

So a season ticket holder paid £180 for 23 league games and any pre-season friendlies which, this season, was 3. So that’s 26 games paid for which works out at £6.92 per game.

The scheme that has been hypothetically thrown out there would be something along the lines of pay for three, get one free. At full price, that works out at £7.50 per game.

If the targeted offer for Manchester United/City fans brings back fans who wouldnt normally have come then that is only of a benefit to the club. If they also take advantage of this proposed offer then they will have paid for 5 games at a cost of £35. Still £7 per game and more than the season ticket discounted price. If we factor in that if they have come back for 4 more games then they will probably come back for more until the end of the season, paying the full £10, their “discount” price will only increase from £7.

Stat-tastic ! I only pay £7 anyway, and obviously my season ticket would have worked out much cheaper at old git rates. But I wasn't going to risk laying out a big payment then staying away after October again if we were dealt another dose of mediocrity (and that's being polite).

Where is Matt Doughty these days ? Has he teamed up with Chris Senior ?

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »

I fully support it and will make no moaning gripes about subsidising mcsporrans season ticket with my weekly/twice weekly non discounted tenner.....I am surely the more loyal fan putting the bulk of money into the coffers to pay for the season ticketter's entertainment?

My main concern is 4 home games in 12 games??....on this pitch??.....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team