News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where's Tom?

Author Topic: Where's Tom?  (Read 2843 times)

Jezza

Where's Tom?
« on: February 28, 2018, 12:52:58 PM »

Never known a player absent so often.....we had a co-worker once seemingly permanently on the sick it was a nice surprise when they showed up for work...

Can we see him being an ever present in our run in?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Tom?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

Its a shame he is so injury prone, because when he is fit and has had a run of 5-6 games at it, he is a class defender certainly in this league and I suspect the one above too. I personally wouldn't keep him next year, but I could understand the temptation to.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »

Its a shame he is so injury prone, because when he is fit and has had a run of 5-6 games at it, he is a class defender certainly in this league and I suspect the one above too. I personally wouldn't keep him next year, but I could understand the temptation to.
I'd keep him on a "pay per play" basis.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »

This. Pay per play.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »

Whilst most of his injuries have seemed a tab inconspicuous the challenge at Farsley was both crude and very late.

Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »

Wouldn't cost you much

Matt Taylor

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »

Agree 100%. I’d actually rate Tom Hannigan as the best player in the current squad, on ability alone. And, from what I’ve seen this season, he also makes Harrison look a much better player when he is next to him than when he isn’t.

But he might not even want to stay next season. Given his reputation before he joined us, I wouldn’t have thought he will look back on his 2 years with us as a high point in his career. He definitely didn’t sign for newly-relegated Alty on a two year deal because he wanted to play half a season in a Evostik League winning side.

I’d like a fit Tom Hannigan to stay (fit bring the issue), but it wouldn’t surprise me if he took the decision out of our hands and thought a fresh start elsewhere was the best option for him.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where's Tom?