PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Stourbridge - Match thread  (Read 31123 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »

Alty 4/7
Draw 3/1
Stourbridge 10/3

Could really do with getting this on and getting it won with shaw la v Grantham in doubt tomorrow and Warrington not playing. Not sure who’s fit

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stourbridge - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 12:18:20 PM »

Assuming everyone if fit.

Thompson

Densmore Harrison Hanigann Hampson

Moult.           Harrop

Johnson.    Poole    Hancock

Hulme

Some tough decisions to be made if all fit.

Alty 3-0 Stourbridge. Hulme (2),  Hannigan

Attn 655

Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »

Yep, I'll go with that team too. It'd be nice at some point to see a Richman Harrop combination, but not yet.
4 1

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 12:00:44 AM »

When  (if ever) have we been able to select a starting XI where over half the players had names beginning with the same letter ?

Phil Parkinson's H Bombers !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 09:33:55 AM »

Can we have a weather / pitch update for us out of towners please

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »

Shaw Lane v Grantham - OFF

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »

It rained a bit yesterday but there wasn't a lot of snow for us last week and there was a good drying wind on Friday and Saturday.

At the moment I'm confident the game will happen but I haven't looked at the forecast.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 02:02:49 PM »

I'd go with that team as well.....but would like at some stage to see Poole in midfield with Harrop....next season assuming we win promotion I think that team with someone likle buxton's striker alongside Hulme and a decent left winger of slightly better than JJ quality and we walk back into the national.

Lets get Stourbridge beaten first mind...lets open the gap again and put more pressure on the chasing pack and wrestle the initiative and momentum back.

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »

It rained a bit yesterday but there wasn't a lot of snow for us last week and there was a good drying wind on Friday and Saturday.
At the moment I'm confident the game will happen but I haven't looked at the forecast.
BBC weather forecast has light showers from 7pm-ish this evening, light rain overnight, then dry from about 7am tomorrow with a bit of a breeze. To be honest, if that were to be enough to prevent the match going ahead we have bigger problems with the pitch than perhaps any of us had thought.
As to the game - as we've never played them before there's not a lot to go on, but we perhaps need to get going a bit quicker than has sometimes been the case after a couple of postponements.  

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »

I'd go with that team as well.....but would like at some stage to see Poole in midfield with Harrop....next season assuming we win promotion I think that team with someone likle buxton's striker alongside Hulme and a decent left winger of slightly better than JJ quality and we walk back into the national.

Lets get Stourbridge beaten first mind...lets open the gap again and put more pressure on the chasing pack and wrestle the initiative and momentum back.

Poole hasn't the legs for centre mid. We will need energy and strength in there next season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 04:04:35 PM »

Poole hasn't the legs for centre mid. We will need energy and strength in there next season.

I reckon Poole's best position is number 10 (where he pays now) and certainly no deeper than that - although his ball retention in key areas would certainly be useful.

Buxton's striker is based in Doncaster and would almost certainly not come over this way - more likely Alfreton, Shaw Lane (if they go up) or even Harrogate.

Are we looking for better than JJ now? Don't think we need to (even in the level above) unless the right player becomes available. We could do with Salford going up to be in line for their offcasts again.

I watched Stourbridge at Ashton a few weeks ago, and they were really quite poor (as were Ashton I thought). As long as we're on our own game, we should have enough.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 06:57:46 PM »

Certainly don't want Poole playing any deeper, he's just fine in this league (and the the league above) where he is.

Could argue he'd do a job further forward alongside Hulme
Full time and proud of it

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 09:21:15 PM »

[/quote]

I reckon Poole's best position is number 10 (where he pays now) and certainly no deeper than that - although his ball retention in key areas would certainly be useful.

Buxton's striker is based in Doncaster and would almost certainly not come over this way - more likely Alfreton, Shaw Lane (if they go up) or even Harrogate.

Are we looking for better than JJ now? Don't think we need to (even in the level above) unless the right player becomes available. We could do with Salford going up to be in line for their offcasts again.

I watched Stourbridge at Ashton a few weeks ago, and they were really quite poor (as were Ashton I thought). As long as we're on our own game, we should have enough.
[/quote]

They are full time now so I can't see is picking up anyone from Salford

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 10:42:17 PM »

Throwing it down, has done for last 2 hours  >:(

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »

BBC weather forecast has light showers from 7pm-ish this evening, light rain overnight, then dry from about 7am tomorrow with a bit of a breeze. To be honest, if that were to be enough to prevent the match going ahead we have bigger problems with the pitch than perhaps any of us had thought.
As to the game - as we've never played them before there's not a lot to go on, but we perhaps need to get going a bit quicker than has sometimes been the case after a couple of postponements.  

Mike,
BBC weather hasn't a clue.
We have had VERY heavy rain for the last two hours.
Forecast now says it could last all night.
GUTTED.....pitch was in A1 condition this afternoon when we left.
Best it's been for some time.
Another busy day tomorrow!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:07:07 PM by B. 4D »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team