PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Stourbridge - Match thread  (Read 31140 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stourbridge - Match thread
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:32 PM »

Offer us an alternative then  :-[

How about one that doesn't treat loyal paying customers with contempt?

You still havent put forward an alternative, must try harder.
In the meantime, do you want them to walk away and leave nobody running the club?

I haven't asked for anyone to leave - I want the Board to show leadership, eat humble pie and reconcile with those supporters that feel disenfranchised.

However they are showing no sign of doing that and therefore they are limiting the medium to long term development of the Club.

Is that your idea of how a Board should behave?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:13:20 PM by im not really here »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2018, 11:17:48 PM »

My understanding is the disenfranchised want Rowley out, no chance of reconciliation, not eat humble pie etc.
So shares made available and until someone better is found we will just have to make the best of it wont we.

In the meantime, a thread about how well we played last night has been hijacked again by the usual negative few because the club doing well doesnt suit their own agenda.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2018, 11:26:54 PM »

My understanding is the disenfranchised want Rowley out, no chance of reconciliation, not eat humble pie etc.
So shares made available and until someone better is found we will just have to make the best of it wont we.

In the meantime, a thread about how well we played last night has been hijacked again by the usual negative few because the club doing well doesnt suit their own agenda.
I would suggest its in Rowley's and therefore the Club's interest to try and bring back the disenfranchised rather than the other way round. There are also many supporters that still attend matches but who's patience is wearing thin.

Shares have been made available but there seems to be little effort in finding a buyer.

The thread was hijacked because a Director abused supporters, something that seems to be coming familiar.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2018, 11:28:49 PM »

Maybe someone in control of the forum should split this into two separate threads.

Neil Faulkner's comments are merely hearsay - not that I doubt them unfortunately.

The TEAM is doing well - the CLUB is doing considerably less so.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »

I would suggest its in Rowley's and therefore the Club's interest to try and bring back the disenfranchised rather than the other way round. There are also many supporters that still attend matches but who's patience is wearing thin.
Shares have been made available but there seems to be little effort in finding a buyer.
The thread was hijacked because a Director abused supporters, something that seems to be coming familiar.

That is an acusation made by Mr negative, who wasnt even there just because there was something positive to say about the club, he will squash any such notion as it doesnt suit his agenda.
If this forum had a moderator who wanted a fair balanced debate this nonsense would be edited out,... lets see what happens next  :o

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2018, 11:41:54 PM »

I have heard that accusation from several different sources, I cant confirm the name of the Director though but it was said. Its a shame because the performance was fantastic and Phil Parkinson is doing a great job.

That is an acusation made by Mr negative, who wasnt even there just because there was something positive to say about the club, he will squash any such notion as it doesnt suit his agenda.
If this forum had a moderator who wanted a fair balanced debate this nonsense would be edited out,... lets see what happens next  :o

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2018, 11:58:40 PM »

Unfortunately this forum died a long time ago and many don't come on here at all anymore and even more just pop on occasionally and don't bother to post anymore. It used to be a place for lively banter and constructive (for the most part) debate. It has become totally caustic and unwelcoming. It's one of the few things that can't be levelled at the current board.

It is a shame because the team are doing well and the manager and players deserve immense credit. It should be possible to celebrate that fact whilst still recognising that there is much wrong at board level. There appears to be no such thing as constructive debate anymore and everything descends to the level of being personal.

I have been on many forums and have rarely seen trolling to the level that continues on here.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »

Even in my wildest dreams I can't imagine any of the disaffected using that kind of language when talking about the board.  ::)

It seems like two disparate groups with widely differing views and from the posts on here I don't see reconciliation as a viable option anytime soon.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2018, 07:25:23 AM »

Starting removing people’s posts because some don’t agree with it doesn’t really make for fair an balanced debate though does it? I do wish threads on football weren’t constantly hijacked though, there’s plenty of opportunity to start threads on here on separate topics. The owner of the forum will probably close it down soon anyway. So if anyone wants to set up a differing one feel free

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:03 AM »

Agree entirely with the last 2/3 posts here. I recently contributed to a long article in a national football fanzine about us and our various off pitch issues and like many on this thread am convinced without change at board level that the divisions as seen on here daily will not heal & long term nothing will really change at the club. However, at the same time I can appreciate the magnificent winning football being served up and the team PP & Neil Sorvel have created.

I think many of us know there is primarily one person on here (and also repeatedly on the Evostik Facebook) who with his constant sniping and repetitive tone just exacerbates divisions, offers nothing constructive (‘arsed’) and delights in riling people up and then plays the innocent card afterwards. Odd because I’d imagine virtually every regular poster on here knows and has chatted with him at the match. A lot of us want change but there is a way to debate & show respect towards others.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2018, 08:25:35 AM »

Agree entirely with the last 2/3 posts here. I recently contributed to a long article in a national football fanzine about us and our various off pitch issues and like many on this thread am convinced without change at board level that the divisions as seen on here daily will not heal & long term nothing will really change at the club. However, at the same time I can appreciate the magnificent winning football being served up and the team PP & Neil Sorvel have created.

I think many of us know there is primarily one person on here (and also repeatedly on the Evostik Facebook) who with his constant sniping and repetitive tone just exacerbates divisions, offers nothing constructive (‘arsed’) and delights in riling people up and then plays the innocent card afterwards. Odd because I’d imagine virtually every regular poster on here knows and has chatted with him at the match. A lot of us want change but there is a way to debate & show respect towards others.

I'm completely fed up with having to read every post on this forum for moderation purposes because almost every thread gets hijacked and descends into the same old boring story. Having said that, people asking to have threads split or posts removed simply because they disagree isnt going to happen.

I'm all for having a lively debate about the problems at the club and how they can be solved etc. Dedicatd threads for this do exist like the one related to 'stay away fans'. Incidentally Jamie hasnt posted on that thread.

I completely agree with what you are saying. My advice to everyone is that if you come on here and just see the same tired rhetoric being put into every thread just ignore it. The reason the forum is moribund is because people take the bait and feed the idiocy in having the same argument over and over without ever actually concluding how to progress.

Pete's right, the forums not got long left. Thats a real shame because there's plenty on here who dont use facebook or whatever and dont want to.

I used to really enjoy this forum and it was a great way to still feel close to the club and fans despite being nigh on 200 miles away or even more when I lived abroad. Now if it got took down today I wouldnt be bothered.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2018, 10:19:10 AM »

Meanwhile back at the game...

Fantastic first half performance - best of the season (and probably for several years)  and the lads really passed the ball around well. It wasn't surprising we took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half and Stourbridge got a bit of confidence from their early goal. I was surprised how well the pitch held up so I'll add my own appreciation for the hard work of everyone involved in getting it playable.

Later on in the game a few supporters were having a bit of a moan about the team playing it around a the back - I didn't see it as a problem myself, they were just taking the sting out of the game.  though there were a couple of occasions where James Jones was given a pass that put him under pressure on his own.

Good to see the players obviously enjoying their football - we've not seen that for a few seasons.

Paul

GB Alty

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »

Yeah nice article, one where you didn't even mention 51% of the club was up for sale? Talk about making a gaff

Listen instead of trying to have a pop at me and making me a scapegoat, you talk about exacerbates divisions you talk about debate and showing respect?

Why not have a pop at the director who said stay away fans can f**k off? Quite frankly I think its one of the most disgraceful things I've ever heard. Yet you and others on here quite happy to brush it under the carpet and have a pop at me instead?

If you think this is just me then your deluded, my only fault is I live in hope that one day of getting our club back. Maybe I should follow the lead of others and totally switch off until that happens

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »

Effing boring this.

Get non match related matters in their own threads instead of diverging every single topic of discussion on the forum into a attack on the board and now each other.

Is it really that hard?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2018, 12:54:46 PM »

Yeah nice article, one where you didn't even mention 51% of the club was up for sale? Talk about making a gaff

Listen instead of trying to have a pop at me and making me a scapegoat, you talk about exacerbates divisions you talk about debate and showing respect?

Why not have a pop at the director who said stay away fans can f**k off? Quite frankly I think its one of the most disgraceful things I've ever heard. Yet you and others on here quite happy to brush it under the carpet and have a pop at me instead?

If you think this is just me then your deluded, my only fault is I live in hope that one day of getting our club back. Maybe I should follow the lead of others and totally switch off until that happens

Yes please do, that would be a most positive step ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match thread