PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Stourbridge - Match thread  (Read 31122 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stourbridge - Match thread
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2018, 01:00:59 PM »

Agree entirely with the last 2/3 posts here. I recently contributed to a long article in a national football fanzine about us and our various off pitch issues and like many on this thread am convinced without change at board level that the divisions as seen on here daily will not heal & long term nothing will really change at the club. However, at the same time I can appreciate the magnificent winning football being served up and the team PP & Neil Sorvel have created.

I think many of us know there is primarily one person on here (and also repeatedly on the Evostik Facebook) who with his constant sniping and repetitive tone just exacerbates divisions, offers nothing constructive (‘arsed’) and delights in riling people up and then plays the innocent card afterwards. Odd because I’d imagine virtually every regular poster on here knows and has chatted with him at the match. A lot of us want change but there is a way to debate & show respect towards others.
Yeah nice article, one where you didn't even mention 51% of the club was up for sale? Talk about making a gaff

Listen instead of trying to have a pop at me and making me a scapegoat, you talk about exacerbates divisions you talk about debate and showing respect?

Why not have a pop at the director who said stay away fans can f**k off? Quite frankly I think its one of the most disgraceful things I've ever heard. Yet you and others on here quite happy to brush it under the carpet and have a pop at me instead?

If you think this is just me then your deluded, my only fault is I live in hope that one day of getting our club back. Maybe I should follow the lead of others and totally switch off until that happens

Yes please do, that would be a most positive step ;D

Stopping people airing their concerns doesn’t change things though. This isn’t Berlin in 1985. I’d just rather football discussion wasn’t  tainted with it. For my mind, the two issues are completely separate

bighairedmike

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2018, 01:38:37 PM »

Agree entirely with the last 2/3 posts here. I recently contributed to a long article in a national football fanzine about us and our various off pitch issues and like many on this thread am convinced without change at board level that the divisions as seen on here daily will not heal & long term nothing will really change at the club. However, at the same time I can appreciate the magnificent winning football being served up and the team PP & Neil Sorvel have created.

I think many of us know there is primarily one person on here (and also repeatedly on the Evostik Facebook) who with his constant sniping and repetitive tone just exacerbates divisions, offers nothing constructive (‘arsed’) and delights in riling people up and then plays the innocent card afterwards. Odd because I’d imagine virtually every regular poster on here knows and has chatted with him at the match. A lot of us want change but there is a way to debate & show respect towards others.
Yeah nice article, one where you didn't even mention 51% of the club was up for sale? Talk about making a gaff

Listen instead of trying to have a pop at me and making me a scapegoat, you talk about exacerbates divisions you talk about debate and showing respect?

Why not have a pop at the director who said stay away fans can f**k off? Quite frankly I think its one of the most disgraceful things I've ever heard. Yet you and others on here quite happy to brush it under the carpet and have a pop at me instead?

If you think this is just me then your deluded, my only fault is I live in hope that one day of getting our club back. Maybe I should follow the lead of others and totally switch off until that happens

Yet more contempt from pro-Rowley supporters for people that are seeing him and the board for their true worth. You’re just feeding the fire and making it worse.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2018, 04:27:25 PM »

Stopping people airing their concerns doesn’t change things though. This isn’t Berlin in 1985. I’d just rather football discussion wasn’t  tainted with it. For my mind, the two issues are completely separate

That was my point exactly. Sick and tired of every thread descending into the same old sh*te. There is a time and place to air grievances and it isn't every thread and it certainly isn't by getting personal and there has been FAR too much of that. I have a vague recollection of when this forum was a pleasant place to be and that doesn't mean I'm happy clappy or any other insult that some may want to throw. I also want change at board level and the sooner the better, but I don't see tainting every thread on here as in any way advancing that cause.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AltySupporter

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

Yet more contempt from pro-Rowley supporters for people that are seeing him and the board for their true worth. You’re just feeding the fire and making it worse.

I don't believe anyone is knowingly showing contempt - the anti-Rowley opinions are and will continue to be respected so long as they are not repeated ad nauseum and don't take over every single sodding conversation on the forum! These rants/snipes etc against the chairman are so boring and now, as far as many forum members are concerned, ineffectual. As I've said before, rather than banging on that you're not happy, if its that important do something positive to rectify it! The walkout was almost a year ago. Offer a solution.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »

I don't believe anyone is knowingly showing contempt - the anti-Rowley opinions are and will continue to be respected so long as they are not repeated ad nauseum and don't take over every single sodding conversation on the forum! These rants/snipes etc against the chairman are so boring and now, as far as many forum members are concerned, ineffectual. As I've said before, rather than banging on that you're not happy, if its that important do something positive to rectify it! The walkout was almost a year ago. Offer a solution.

These positive steps are block by the club.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2018, 05:36:14 PM »

There isn't a solution. Grin and bear it. The grin is optional. Otherwise walk away. I have total respect for those who have done so.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »

Unfortunately this forum died a long time ago and many don't come on here at all anymore and even more just pop on occasionally and don't bother to post anymore. It used to be a place for lively banter and constructive (for the most part) debate. It has become totally caustic and unwelcoming.
I used to be a very regular poster indeed but, although I still come on now and again I very rarely post anymore. The atmosphere and the fun is just not here anymore.
I'm one of those who isn't into twitter or facebook and I rely on the forum and the alty website for my alty news fix but, sad to say, it's too depressing to get into the incessant bickering on here now.
I read the news and ignore the rest.
This club, despite the presence of some here, is a great non-league institution and I've been proud to be a fan/supporter for over fifty years.
I think the vast majority - those staying away and those still coming - recognise there needs to be change at the top but at the moment there's only one show in town.
I just wish some of the contributors on here (of all 'persuasions' and views) would stop acting like f**king big kids - we've got a wonderful club here that needs supporting.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Cider Alty

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »

Great win
Poor crowd
No atmosphere

Something has got to change.

Alty5678

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »

Which positive steps have been blocked by the club?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »

You should know,you're one of Rowleys merry men.

Alty5678

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2018, 08:59:45 PM »

You should know,you're one of Rowleys merry men.

Am I? News to me, thanks for letting me know.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2018, 08:39:13 AM »

Even in my wildest dreams I can't imagine any of the disaffected using that kind of language when talking about the board.  ::)

It seems like two disparate groups with widely differing views and from the posts on here I don't see reconciliation as a viable option anytime soon.

You make a good point C Cat. But at least any supporters speaking in such terms about the board would be fully prepared to stand behind their comments. I haven’t really got a problem with Neil Faulkner letting everyone know exactly what he thinks, but he should also be made to stand behind his own comments.

There should be no remaining doubt that much worse is said about the clubs  supporters behind closed doors in board meetings. But to be saying this in the bar to two supporters he knows are both firmly anti-Rowley (after a game with less than 500 in the ground to watch the most entertaining Alty side in years), probably falls somewhere between ‘naive’ and ‘inflammatory’.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2018, 05:47:11 PM »

I agree that it is inflammatory and he really should know better but football is full of people who open their mouths before putting their brain in gear.

bighairedmike

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2018, 07:18:48 PM »

I agree that it is inflammatory and he really should know better but football is full of people who open their mouths before putting their brain in gear.

But when one of those people is a custodian of the club they should always engage their brain before their mouth. The fact that the majority of our board of directors (and this is not limited to the current board members either) are seemingly incapable of doing this is more a damming indictment of them and their skill set than the fact we as fans should expect it because “it happens in football”.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »

It happens at all levels and in all walks of life. I doubt there's anyone in the crowd tomorrow that has never said anything that they haven't later regretted. I know I have and I also know that I haven't apologised for it as often as I probably should have.
I don't think we can expect anyone to be infallable and that includes the board. At the moment there every move leads to some kind of criticism. 

I know everyone has their own aspirations for the club but if we end up back in the conference north next season playing entertaining football I'll be satisfied.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match thread