PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stay away fans and atmosphere
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Stay away fans and atmosphere  (Read 31128 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stay away fans and atmosphere
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »

The stay away supporters need to come back to Moss Lane and enjoy the football because it’s excellent. For years I’ve felt we’ve had teams that were difficult to bond with but this group and management are the best since the promotion winning team of 2005. Forget GR. We know he’s made some bad appointments and some PR gaffs and he probably will in the future , but I would imagine we all started going to football matches to enjoy the football , not become embroiled in a bitter rows with the chairman. I support the team and management , and give very little thought to the board of directors.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »

The stay away supporters need to come back to Moss Lane and enjoy the football because it’s excellent. For years I’ve felt we’ve had teams that were difficult to bond with but this group and management are the best since the promotion winning team of 2005. Forget GR. We know he’s made some bad appointments and some PR gaffs and he probably will in the future , but I would imagine we all started going to football matches to enjoy the football , not become embroiled in a bitter rows with the chairman. I support the team and management , and give very little thought to the board of directors.

I agree.
Full time and proud of it

Cider Alty

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 07:05:01 PM »

Pretending everything is ok is not really a solution is it?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »

I agree also. This team deserves the support. I appreciate some ridicoulsy decisions have been made and have contributed towards us being where we are but stay away fans are missing a very good footballing team with a vibrant young manager leading them. Rowley isn't going anytime soon so to me you are just punishing yourselves. It isn't either this team or managers fault but they are picking up the pieces.

Alty5678

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »

Pretending everything is ok is not really a solution is it?

Everything is ok, on the pitch!

Whilst it may not be off the pitch, to varying degrees in different people's opinions,  the point that was trying to be be made was that those staying away are missing a treat in terms of football enjoyment.

What each individual chooses to do in terms of attending or not is down to them but great football is being missed.

Would those boycotting, who would actually enjoy the football being played, perhaps think about attending a one off game, all locating in one small area? If there were a number of vocal fans, all located in, for example, one corner of the Chequers end it would give a great visual to the board to show the volume of fans voting with their feet (ironically by being at the game, on this occassion).

It would also be interesting for those not boycotting to see the numbers who are choosing yo stay away.

I wouldn't suggest it turns into a 'Rowley Out' protest as this negativity would spread onto the pitch and is not what the team or management need to see or hear.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 08:14:41 PM »

I agree also. This team deserves the support. I appreciate some ridicoulsy decisions have been made and have contributed towards us being where we are but stay away fans are missing a very good footballing team with a vibrant young manager leading them. Rowley isn't going anytime soon so to me you are just punishing yourselves. It isn't either this team or managers fault but they are picking up the pieces.
i agree with Ollie some very poor recruitment decisons were made previously . Phil is a brillaint appointment

I worry all this negativity could make him question staying

That would be a disaster for us
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 08:25:45 PM »

i agree with Ollie some very poor recruitment decisons were made previously . Phil is a brillaint appointment

I worry all this negativity could make him question staying

That would be a disaster for us

Totally agree Wayno. I’m going to enjoy going on Saturday & will stick to the football on here afterwards.

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »

Not posted for ages, but i felt like i wanted to today.

I personally dont like what GR has done, said etc. But it is not keeping me away from the matches directly.

What is keeping me away, and it was touched on earlier is that after 2 seasons of simply pathetic football and management has made me lose interest. Why have we been so bad? Well the book stops with GR, so indirectly you could argue i am staying away because of him.

Yes i am missing out on some good football, but lets face it, we are not playing York, Wrexham, Cambridge, Oxford and so and so on, we are playing Mickleover Sports, Barwell and Timperley Wanderers. Fair weather supporter, yes i guess i can be called that, but after turning up week in and week out when getting beaten i couldnt take any more. After losing 3-0 to stafford at the start of the season, my only game this season, i just couldnt face it.

Saturdays and Tuesdays i ALWAYS look out for the results. I also watch the goals and yes the football looks good but i refer to my point above.

I am sure I will be back, assuming we get promoted. I appreciate i may get haters for my comments but i would rather be honest and explain my reasons for staying away at the moment.

-------------------------
Long live the teasers.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:48:28 PM by Jenga »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 07:55:08 PM »

I personally dont like what GR has done, said etc. But it is not keeping me away from the matches directly.

What is keeping me away, and it was touched on earlier is that after 2 seasons of simply pathetic football and management has made me lose interest. Why have we been so bad? Well the book stops with GR, so indirectly you could argue i am staying away because of him.

Yes i am missing out on some good football, but lets face it, we are not playing York, Wrexham, Cambridge, Oxford and so and so on, we are playing Mickleover Sports, Barwell and Timperley Wanderers. Fair weather supporter, yes i guess i can be called that, but after turning up week in and week out when getting beaten i couldnt take any more. After losing 3-0 to stafford at the start of the season, my only game this season, i just couldnt face it.

Saturdays and Tuesdays i ALWAYS look out for the results. I also watch the goals and yes the football looks good but i refer to my point above.

I am sure I will be back, assuming we get promoted. I appreciate i may get haters for my comments but i would rather be honest and explain my reasons for staying away at the moment.

Sums it up very well Jenga.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »

Long live the teasers.

Thanks for explaining but personally I don't get it. My interest massively dipped over the previous two seasons, but this team and manager deserve the support.

They are a team of fighters and are giving their all each game.

I know this may sound completely random but if you compare the club to a friendship. Would you give up on your mate, being the son, if his dad made some bad decisions?

It is very sad to see only 500 supporters in the ground when we are playing some of the best football in years.

I respect your personal decision and I agree that some awful decisions have been made but I just can't give up on a team that actually deserves the support. The love and care just can't go away.

Graham Rowley should go but only when we have the correct investors/board, who have a genuine interest of progressing our football team. At present there is no interest from anyone.

At the end of the game I am only clapping the players and current manager.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:42:47 PM by oneedham »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 08:31:03 PM »

Couple of points

I thought the fans were excellent 2nd half behind the goal

Really got behind the lads and it was a good atmosphere till the 3rd went in

Its heartbreaking to only have 500 in

Second point . Jenga you were suspended from the teasing squad last night by a 3 man majority

This is due to being a hocky fan now

I will send you your 20% of the flag in the post x

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »

Couple of points

Second point . Jenga you were suspended from the teasing squad last night by a 3 man majority

Does that mean there’s a spare seat on the Board of Teasers? Invite?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:27 PM »

Couple of points

Does that mean there’s a spare seat on the Board of Teasers? Invite?
we will in due course advertise the shares to the wider general public

A number of initiations will be involved

Our 5 year plan will be updated accordingly

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:40 PM »

Couple of points

This is very worrying!

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:48 PM »

Teasing at its best. Can i have my 20% as the lettering please  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stay away fans and atmosphere