PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stay away fans and atmosphere
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Stay away fans and atmosphere  (Read 30868 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stay away fans and atmosphere
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »

I'm confused. If Jenga is entitled to 20% of the flag that implies there are five owners. How do you get to a three man majority with or without Jenga's participation. Was there an abstention?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »

I'm confused. If Jenga is entitled to 20% of the flag that implies there are five owners. How do you get to a three man majority with or without Jenga's participation. Was there an abstention?
its a very good observation

One that demands a full and frank response

Their was originally 5 members of the teasers inc

Each of them hold 20% of the shares in our assets ( a flag)

Last night the only 3 remaining active members of the teasing squad inc ( 2 AWOL) held a vote and unanimously removed said shareholder from the squad

All new potential members can submit there CVs into the office on match days

Apart from #Alty who cant tie his own shoelaces

ParkINson's red and white army

thegazelle

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »

Henry Kissinger here , assuming there are 14 letters on the flag 20% is 2.8 letters .rounded up to three letters it would be possible to give away THE.  thus keeping the integrity of the flag  if said departing member insided in a portion of material and i know  its none of my business but would it be prudent to leave the flag intact and just take the letters off and this could be increased to 4 letters. the departing member could have ARSE .

Jenga

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »

Last night the only 3 remaining active members of the teasing squad inc ( 2 AWOL) held a vote and unanimously removed said shareholder from the squad

I would like to question this statement. Are you saying that the vote was between 3 remaining active members of which 2 were AWOL? This would mean that the vote was held by ONE member of Teasers Inc. Whilst i appreciate that this is a majority of present members, it would seem to be more of a Teaser Coup by one isolated member. In relation to my 20% share i will walk away quietly with no objections if i can take my 20% from the middle of the flag material including all relevant letters on said material.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »

I would like to question this statement. Are you saying that the vote was between 3 remaining active members of which 2 were AWOL? This would mean that the vote was held by ONE member of Teasers Inc. Whilst i appreciate that this is a majority of present members, it would seem to be more of a Teaser Coup by one isolated member. In relation to my 20% share i will walk away quietly with no objections if i can take my 20% from the middle of the flag material including all relevant letters on said material.
typical airing our laundry in public again

3 of the squad were present 2 were Awol . One ( you) was ousted the other is hanging by a thread

Lets get back to focussing on the Alty ice rink lads shall we x

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 01:15:40 PM »

Henry Kissinger here , assuming there are 14 letters on the flag 20% is 2.8 letters .rounded up to three letters it would be possible to give away THE.  thus keeping the integrity of the flag  if said departing member insided in a portion of material and i know  its none of my business but would it be prudent to leave the flag intact and just take the letters off and this could be increased to 4 letters. the departing member could have ARSE .
Arse sounds perfect

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »

But there is no E in Altrincham F.C.?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »

No S either.....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »

Flag reads

The Alty Teasers

thegazelle

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »

No S either.....

apologies for doubting me on a postcard to henry kissinger , deganwy

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »

but it might explain some of the last couple of years?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 06:05:39 PM »

Do they do drug tests at this level?

Matt Taylor

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 09:29:37 PM »

Thanks for explaining but personally I don't get it. My interest massively dipped over the previous two seasons, but this team and manager deserve the support.

They are a team of fighters and are giving their all each game.

I know this may sound completely random but if you compare the club to a friendship. Would you give up on your mate, being the son, if his dad made some bad decisions?

It is very sad to see only 500 supporters in the ground when we are playing some of the best football in years.

I respect your personal decision and I agree that some awful decisions have been made but I just can't give up on a team that actually deserves the support. The love and care just can't go away.

Graham Rowley should go but only when we have the correct investors/board, who have a genuine interest of progressing our football team. At present there is no interest from anyone.

At the end of the game I am only clapping the players and current manager.

How would we know? The available shares never get a mention, let alone pushed.

You’d be amazed what happens when you actually tell the outside world where there is a vacancy, rather than relying on your own limited existing relationships (the appointment of Phil Parkinson being a good example). Not advertising to the outside world lands you with Neil Tolson or Matt Doughty as manager instead, or Grahame Rowley as chairman, (and Neil Young to some extent as the managers job wasn’t advertised then either).
We appear determined to apply that same logic in the boardroom unfortunately.

I’m not suggesting people would suddenly be queuing up outside Moss Lane to buy the shares, and take over, if we advertised the shares. However, having created a great opportunity for someone new to come in with fresh ideas, to then remain silent and not give ourselves every possible chance of moving forward as a football club is negligent. Both by the board, and by those happy to stand back and let them carry on - by that I mean the larger shareholders at the club, rather than the supporters who do still turn up each week to get behind the team (in spite of the off-field issues).
And still no one has ever really answered the question of why we think we can sell the club in secret? Or why we aren’t shouting from the rooftops at every opportunity? Or what exactly are the Sports Business doing? And, more importantly, why haven’t the Sports Business been binned yet, rather than given new contracts on the commercial side?

I'm sure everyone who no longer goes to home games is different, but to me it’s not just an immediate change in chairman that would bring me back to home games. I’d be prepared to turn up and pay my entrance fee if I could see any sort of public/sustained effort being made to sell the shares, and get new people into the club to replace the deadwood on the board. I.e. if we could see light at the end of the tunnel for the club.

But, unfortunately, it’s abundantly clear that moving the football club forward and reuniting the fan base aren’t the main priorities here.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 11:33:28 PM »

It really does depend on what your aspirations are Matt. Ultimately you are looking at winning the Premiership. I'll be long gone before then. I'm not interested in watching a bunch of players trying to con a referee. I'm much happier watching honest endeavour in non-league football  trying to win a match.

I do go and watch professional football from time to time and find myself laughing at the players antics. I think I am embarrased for them.

Cider Alty

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2018, 06:47:56 AM »

It really does depend on what your aspirations are Matt. Ultimately you are looking at winning the Premiership. I'll be long gone before then. I'm not interested in watching a bunch of players trying to con a referee. I'm much happier watching honest endeavour in non-league football  trying to win a match.

I do go and watch professional football from time to time and find myself laughing at the players antics. I think I am embarrased for them.
Nobodies talking about the premiership, but we are suffering the effects from a lack of charismatic visionary leadership. Playing the dog and duck in front of 500 on a tuesday night is really embarrassing.

We need to MAKE ALTRINCHAM GREAT AGAIN.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stay away fans and atmosphere