Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2018, 05:41:36 AM
268903 Posts in 21986 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Meet the Board « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Meet the Board  (Read 4620 times)
robininstockport
Regular First Team

Like this post? +134/-158

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »

See main site has announced that there is a Q&A evening with the management and the Board on 29th March.

We're Alty FC, we're on our way back
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +39/-219

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 10:33:57 AM »

Who's in charge of the microphone ?
Hamish de Bretton-Gordon
Regular First Team

Like this post? +546/-367

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »

Supporters say they want the issues of the running/financing of the club and the performance of the football team to be separate, club announces  joint meet the manager/meet the board Q & A....  Roll Eyes
Sarf London Alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +141/-101

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »

Itís a poor show. Clearly to take the sting out of any criticism of the board weíll get the manager who has done a brilliant job along too.
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +39/-219

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »

Smoke....mirrors....aroma of whitewash laid on thick enough to mask smell of bullsh*t......
Graham Bennetts Perm
First Team Squad

Like this post? +48/-283

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:19:53 PM »

Well it's a great opportunity for the Board to make a more formal announcement of the latest "f* off" to stayaway fans policy.

Come to think of it, the vast majority of the residents of Altrincham are staying away, so perhaps the policy announcement can be extended to them as well.
Snork Maiden
Regular First Team

Like this post? +284/-227

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »

Pointless exercise
GB Alty
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »

Think the board are treating the manager with contempt by inviting him along to this. Another low point for the club, gutless board of directors hide behind manager to avoid criticism

For all of you who have taken great pleasure having a pop at me on another thread for not keeping boardroom and football separate, how stupid do you look now? This is what you end up with, they can't be kept separate and never will be separate because the club don't want them to be

Time for many on here to take their heads out of the sand
cheshire cat
Regular First Team

Like this post? +54/-144

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »

It's all a bit tedious

The board are damned if they do damned if they don't, by a certain faction of the crowd.

We'll never know for certain whether Phil was asked or volunteered.
All it needs now is for him to tell us he's never known such support from a board and the posters on this thread will be in melt down.
AltySupporter
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 07:09:05 PM »

Unbelievable. Un f**king believable. That's me done with this forum. There is nothing to complain about here - the club has arranged for the board and management team to have a meeting with the supporters.  That is all. I suggest those of you unhappy with this go and take it in turns to hire out the CSH after midnight and continue to start an argument in an empty room.

I will continue to support my team and enjoy doing so.

Bye

wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +313/-359

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 07:16:26 PM »

How can you have progress with out dialouge .

If nothing was arranged people would complain

I know there were some issues with the mike etc last time lets hope that lesson has been learnt

Great opportunity for Phil to take the plaudits and anyone to challenge the board as they see fit

My other observation is this is a football club . We play football is it so odd to tie the 2 things together  ? 🤔

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:19:59 PM by wayno » Logged

ParkINson's red and white army
George Heslops Moustache
Regular First Team

Like this post? +352/-346

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »

How can you have progress with out dialouge .

If nothing was arranged people would complain

I know there were some issues with the mike etc last time lets hope that lesson has been learnt

Great opportunity for Phil to take the plaudits and anyone to challenge the board as they see fit

The two should be separate Wayne, thatís the issue.

This has not been arranged at a board meeting, and has been pushed by GR without the approval of some board members. Make of that what you will.
wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +313/-359

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »

Right didnt know that . Im sure those board members will address it accordingly then

Im not close to all the political side

ParkINson's red and white army
George Heslops Moustache
Regular First Team

Like this post? +352/-346

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 01:17:26 AM »

Right didnt know that . Im sure those board members will address it accordingly then

Im not close to all the political side

To clarify, the next board meeting is due to be next week sometime (going roughly every 4 weeks off past ones) so it is my assumption that this was not discussed at the last board meeting. If it was, then for one it seems very, very odd that weíre not hearing about it until now, and secondly that it is still so far away.
Nom de plume
Regular First Team

Like this post? +52/-85

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »

This has not been arranged at a board meeting, and has been pushed by GR without the approval of some board members. Make of that what you will.
So what. Thatís what happens at board meetings too. Decisions are not always made unanimously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
« previous next »
    Jump to: