PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mossley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mossley Match Thread  (Read 10703 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mossley Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »

It's a shame we got knocked out, as it's definitely good to keep on giving these fringe lads a proper competitive run-out.

I suspect we'd have had enough in the tank with Miller and Amis included as well, but their time is definitely best spent at Colne at the moment.

Perhaps now some of these other lads can be farmed out elsewhere in the pyramid to keep them sharp...?

andrewflynn

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »

It was a decent game. No matter what team we put out you expect it from us under PP, but I was surprised to see Bandy's lads really try and play given the limitations of the pitch at Seel Park. Both sides tried to play the right way and it made for a very entertaining game. Hancock a class above the rest of them. Two superb goals.

The liner was struggling to keep up with Mossley's quick counters all second half and some of his earlier decisions were guesswork, so it was no real surprise to me when no flag came up in the 95th minute despite the attacker being a good 5 yards offside.

Tom Westall looked useful. Most of the squad would be happy to be out of the competition but as others have said, it was a good opportunity to give lads like Westall, Callum Jones, Darius Palma etc a chance.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »

The liner was struggling to keep up with Mossley's quick counters all second half and some of his earlier decisions were guesswork, so it was no real surprise to me when no flag came up in the 95th minute despite the attacker being a good 5 yards offside.

"However, the drama wasn't finished as the game entered it's fifth minute of a signaled 5 minutes added time. Adam Latham appeared to be off-side when he raced through a gap..."
http://www.mossleyweb.com/

I think that's settled then.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »

Out of interest was Hancock number 10?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »

"However, the drama wasn't finished as the game entered it's fifth minute of a signaled 5 minutes added time. Adam Latham appeared to be off-side when he raced through a gap..."
http://www.mossleyweb.com/

I think that's settled then.

Watching the goals on their youtube channel. Mossley's 1st goal should have been flagged for offside.
They really should be beating teams like us

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »

Mossley have now parted company with joint managers Peter Band and Lloyd Morrison.

Their form since they won this game on penalties: W2 D3 L12.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »

Mossley have now parted company with joint managers Peter Band and Lloyd Morrison.

Whilst I'm sorry for Bandy who's a lovely genuine guy, you've got to say it's not a good record, and managers have been shown the door with better points returns.

andrewflynn

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »

Whilst I'm sorry for Bandy who's a lovely genuine guy, you've got to say it's not a good record, and managers have been shown the door with better points returns.

We almost appointed Matt Doughty with a similar record.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mossley Match Thread