PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the Board
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Meet the Board  (Read 19816 times)

Teasierbeaver

Re: Meet the Board
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 08:24:42 AM »

Think the board are treating the manager with contempt by inviting him along to this. Another low point for the club, gutless board of directors hide behind manager to avoid criticism

For all of you who have taken great pleasure having a pop at me on another thread for not keeping boardroom and football separate, how stupid do you look now? This is what you end up with, they can't be kept separate and never will be separate because the club don't want them to be

Time for many on here to take their heads out of the sand

You’re a f**king moron on this forum Jamie. I don’t look or feel stupid now. I still feel the same. Here you are putting your flag in the sand that you have no intention of doing that because it’s too much fun in your sad little life to come on here and wind people up. I can’t be arsed with it, I’ve got stuff to do much better than pouring over your tired diatribe.

You’re also making your claim now that you won’t be at the meeting and speaking up for yourself to oust the chairman or air your grievances. Much easier to carry on blowing hot air on the internet.

I tell you what you can have the forum to yourself you sad sack.

markecky2

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 01:06:24 PM »

Oh dear, looks like another admin has been defeated and gone off to do better things with his time.  Well done Chris for sticking it out this long.

If I was an potential investor doing my due diligence (even on a mobile phone in a bar) I'd be looking round the social media and then get onto the "fans forum".  Hopefully someone could explain the backstory to this and some of it's worst posters to make sure they could see past it and that is is still a worthwhile investment.

Sadly I think attacking your own football club has been become so ingrained in some peoples routines that they have forgotten what the actual point of watching a football club is.  If they are honest a new man at the helm would just be fresh meat, wait for the first thing that they don't agree with and off we go again.

Something as simple as having a Q & A with the manager and the board is seen as outrageous on here?  Should we do one of the Thursday and one on the Friday so people who are interested in both come away from families twice?

For the record, my opinion remains the same that the club needs serious repairs off the field and my feelings on needing a new leader remain exactly the same.

It will take a long time to rebuild the damage of the last two seasons and it takes a long time to turn spectators into supporters.

Thank God we have a brilliant young manager who doesn't deserve any of this.....and so sad to see that the fans forum is a place where a new fan would probably not bother to get involved in.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 01:48:45 PM »

Oh dear, looks like another admin has been defeated and gone off to do better things with his time.  Well done Chris for sticking it out this long.

If I was an potential investor doing my due diligence (even on a mobile phone in a bar) I'd be looking round the social media and then get onto the "fans forum".  Hopefully someone could explain the backstory to this and some of it's worst posters to make sure they could see past it and that is is still a worthwhile investment.

Sadly I think attacking your own football club has been become so ingrained in some peoples routines that they have forgotten what the actual point of watching a football club is.  If they are honest a new man at the helm would just be fresh meat, wait for the first thing that they don't agree with and off we go again.

Something as simple as having a Q & A with the manager and the board is seen as outrageous on here?  Should we do one of the Thursday and one on the Friday so people who are interested in both come away from families twice?

For the record, my opinion remains the same that the club needs serious repairs off the field and my feelings on needing a new leader remain exactly the same.

It will take a long time to rebuild the damage of the last two seasons and it takes a long time to turn spectators into supporters.

Thank God we have a brilliant young manager who doesn't deserve any of this.....and so sad to see that the fans forum is a place where a new fan would probably not bother to get involved in.

I'm not sure there's any need for a meet the manager at this stage of the season
It's all my fault.

markecky2

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 01:58:01 PM »

I'm not sure there's any need for a meet the manager at this stage of the season

Not sure that is a reason not to have one.

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 02:11:16 PM »

Where have I called anyone a f**king moron or a sad sack? Do you think that is language thats becoming of a moderator? Yet you pat this guy on the back for speaking to a fellow supporter like this just because he disagrees with him.

We not allowed to post again unless we agree with you Ecky?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »

Not sure that is a reason not to have one.

Having no reason not to have one, is not a reason to have one.
It's all my fault.

Happy clapper

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »

Another complete overreaction. A few sad lonely people on this forum. When having a Q&A session about the football club, why wouldn't you have the manager of the mens first team of that football club present?

markecky2

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »

Where have I called anyone a f**king moron or a sad sack? Do you think that is language thats becoming of a moderator? Yet you pat this guy on the back for speaking to a fellow supporter like this just because he disagrees with him.

We not allowed to post again unless we agree with you Ecky?

As I just said in response to your private messages, I'm not patting him on the back.  He shouldn't have said that but he has become exasperated with it I would imagine.  I'm thanking him for putting up with it this long.

It would be a weird forum if everyone just agreed with me. If someone doesn't agree with me then they can address my points and tell me why they believe I am wrong. 

It's how normal forums work.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

Another complete overreaction. A few sad lonely people on this forum. When having a Q&A session about the football club, why wouldn't you have the manager of the mens first team of that football club present?

Because the board said they have no impact on the pitch issues, and likewise by the same token Phil doesn’t affect.
One is working, one isn’t. Therefore I doubt there’s much to ask Phill compared to the board.
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »

Because the board said they have no impact on the pitch issues, and likewise by the same token Phil doesn’t affect.
One is working, one isn’t. Therefore I doubt there’s much to ask Phill compared to the board.

The team are doing excellent on the pitch and I suspect there will be lots of people who would love the opportunity to ask the manager about this and the future.

One the other hand, there are many people who feel off the pitch problems stil exist.

I suspect the Q and A was not set up as a "slate the board and expect answer/resolutions there and then" but as a genuine opportunity for fans to speak to the hierarchy.

Has anyone actually thought that Parkinson may be happy with the board since he came in and is happy to show a united front in an open forum with fans?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »

My own view is that any Q&A session with Phil Parkinson is somewhat superfluous at this juncture. Things are manifestly going well on the pitch and I'd prefer for him to be left simply to continue the successful work and then review matters at a similar meeting once promotion has (inevitably) been achieved.

It's now just over a year since that gathering in the CSH at which the Altrincham FC strategic review was unveiled to supporters by the board of directors.

Consequently, I'd much rather see a meeting focused on a progress report outlining which objectives have (or have not) been attained to date and any thoughts on how the club could actually prosper in the National League North once one of our two recent relegations has been rectified.

I'd also like to see an invitation to address the meeting extended to either Dominic McGuinness or Paul Taylor from The Sport Business, so that they could explain exactly how they are promoting the potential investment opportunity at Altrincham FC.   

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »

I have a very suspicious mind, and there is a a very strong smell of cover up.

There is absolutely no need for a "Meet the Manager" while things on the pitch are going well on the run in to Easter.

A "Meet the Board" is quite another matter. This club is in dire straits off the pitch.

I believe that the Board are trying to use PP as a pawn in their game. They put him on first, deflect any attempts to throw in "dangerous" questions by controlling the microphone  (see my post at the head of this thread), and thus foster a happy clappy atmosphere. And once again we learn nothing.

I have total respect for PP,  and I believe he's being used as a pawn in the Board's game. It's a disgrace.

I will be there, but I don't expect to go home with the slightest trace of a feeling of satisfaction. OK Board, prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »

I for one will be attending the Q and A. I wish to publicly thank Phil and Neil and his management team. I would also like to thank the players for providing such entertainment and football of the highest quality this season. I would also like ask that should we get promoted this season, will the club get back previous ambitions to become a league club.  If we get promoted, then I feel with the current management team why should the club not have ambition to greater things.

A lot of you negative posters will probrably rag me off as is the current nature of this website now, but though there is a long way to go at present, we are a club on the up under the current board and team. Yes mistakes have been made in the past, but there is plenty of light in our future. So why not call a meeting to try and capitalise on the situation. Lets try and sort this out and unite the club once again and keep the club and team on the up and up.

Sorry if my message offends any of you, but I get no enjoyment reading this forum, and though some of you are slagging Mark off; I enjoy reading his posts. No way am I staying away from the club, not after 43 seasons. So, board, management and team, carry on as you were and lets support Phil and the lads and show them we are fully behind them and the team. I don't want them reading some of these messages, it would de-motivate them.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:01:49 PM by Steve from Sale »

markecky2

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2018, 05:06:32 PM »

My own view is that any Q&A session with Phil Parkinson is somewhat superfluous at this juncture. Things are manifestly going well on the pitch and I'd prefer for him to be left simply to continue the successful work and then review matters at a similar meeting once promotion has (inevitably) been achieved.

It's now just over a year since that gathering in the CSH at which the Altrincham FC strategic review was unveiled to supporters by the board of directors.

Consequently, I'd much rather see a meeting focused on a progress report outlining which objectives have (or have not) been attained to date and any thoughts on how the club could actually prosper in the National League North once one of our two recent relegations has been rectified.

I'd also like to see an invitation to address the meeting extended to either Dominic McGuinness or Paul Taylor from The Sport Business, so that they could explain exactly how they are promoting the potential investment opportunity at Altrincham FC.   

Good post and someone from The Sport Business should definitely be there for an update on that.

Each to their own and all that but I think you're looking into it a bit too deeply.  You can still ask "dangerous" questions whether PP is there or not, if someone has a question for him they can ask him as well?

In my experience though, dangerous questions rarely get asked at these events other than one or two.

PP knows the score with how some people feel about things of the pitch so I doubt he would be surprised if there was some.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »

Agree 100% with all this. I think PP and the footballing set up are doing superbly and they have my full support and praise.  The off the pitch problems are plentiful and well documented; we need to know how this 5 year plan is shaping up.

And Steve, this isn't about being negative (read mine and other's comments about PP) but you are continuing to conflate the performance and ability of the board with that of the footballing staff. That is where a clear distinction must be made.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:17:59 PM by Bob »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the Board