PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the Board
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Meet the Board  (Read 19668 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the Board
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »

Hopefully the 5 year plan will include continued improvements on the pitch, the team only needs light tweaking during the close season, but our biggest priority is to make sure Phil and his team continue their great work this season.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »

I wonder if the club will live stream
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

Cba

Matt Taylor

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »

Oh dear, looks like another admin has been defeated and gone off to do better things with his time.  Well done Chris for sticking it out this long.

If I was an potential investor doing my due diligence (even on a mobile phone in a bar) I'd be looking round the social media and then get onto the "fans forum".  Hopefully someone could explain the backstory to this and some of it's worst posters to make sure they could see past it and that is is still a worthwhile investment.

Sadly I think attacking your own football club has been become so ingrained in some peoples routines that they have forgotten what the actual point of watching a football club is.  If they are honest a new man at the helm would just be fresh meat, wait for the first thing that they don't agree with and off we go again.

Something as simple as having a Q & A with the manager and the board is seen as outrageous on here?  Should we do one of the Thursday and one on the Friday so people who are interested in both come away from families twice?

For the record, my opinion remains the same that the club needs serious repairs off the field and my feelings on needing a new leader remain exactly the same.

It will take a long time to rebuild the damage of the last two seasons and it takes a long time to turn spectators into supporters.

Thank God we have a brilliant young manager who doesn't deserve any of this.....and so sad to see that the fans forum is a place where a new fan would probably not bother to get involved in.

I'm not sure there's any need for a meet the manager at this stage of the season

To be fair Jack, didn’t the previous manager host a similar fans forum during March last season too?

Perhaps it was considered so successful that it’s pencilled in as an annual event now.

Cider Alty

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2018, 06:07:51 PM »

Oh dear, looks like another admin has been defeated and gone off to do better things with his time.  Well done Chris for sticking it out this long.

If I was an potential investor doing my due diligence (even on a mobile phone in a bar) I'd be looking round the social media and then get onto the "fans forum".  Hopefully someone could explain the backstory to this and some of it's worst posters to make sure they could see past it and that is is still a worthwhile investment.

Sadly I think attacking your own football club has been become so ingrained in some peoples routines that they have forgotten what the actual point of watching a football club is.  If they are honest a new man at the helm would just be fresh meat, wait for the first thing that they don't agree with and off we go again.

Something as simple as having a Q & A with the manager and the board is seen as outrageous on here?  Should we do one of the Thursday and one on the Friday so people who are interested in both come away from families twice?

For the record, my opinion remains the same that the club needs serious repairs off the field and my feelings on needing a new leader remain exactly the same.

It will take a long time to rebuild the damage of the last two seasons and it takes a long time to turn spectators into supporters.

Thank God we have a brilliant young manager who doesn't deserve any of this.....and so sad to see that the fans forum is a place where a new fan would probably not bother to get involved in.

I'm not sure there's any need for a meet the manager at this stage of the season

To be fair Jack, didn’t the previous manager host a similar fans forum during March last season too?

Perhaps it was considered so successful that it’s pencilled in as an annual event now.

Bizarre lack of explanation about the whole thing leaves us guessing. The first Q could be “why have you arranged this?”

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »

I was drinking a mug of tea when I reached that last sentence. I had to go and change my shirt.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2018, 06:55:25 PM »

'To be fair Jack, didn’t the previous manager host a similar fans forum during March last season too?

Perhaps it was considered so successful that it’s pencilled in as an annual event now. '

This is why our forum is special. Long live Altyfans.co.uk

Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »

Can you imagine the anger if we were bottom and the manager was not present

Long live Alty

ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »

I hope I will be able to attend....

Most obvious questions to Phil would be about what improvements he would feel necessary for next season in the conf N....questions that are a) premature and b) difficult for phil to answer with the current team's motivation in mind to finish the job this season.

So I would probably thank him for making football enjoyable again and congratulating him on an excellent job pointing out Stalybridge celtic as an indicator of how badly a similar sized club to us have fayred....

Then I'd ask loads of difficult questions to the chairman about how he feels the divide is upsetting harmony and what can be done to bring the fans together behind a respected leader etc......I'd also perhaps ask for clarity on the f**k off saga....

As for praising the board Steve from Sale, as far as I am concerned they have made one decent decision about on the pitch matters whilst alienating more and more supporters with others....I support PP and the players and do encourage stayaways that that is possible and an enjoyable this season......but a change of leadership becomes more and more urgent!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 05:29:06 PM »

I have put it to the board to use a simple, user friendly website to collate questions in advance and on the night, to be displayed on the projector behind them.

Fans can also "like" a question they also wanted to hear an answer to (to allow it to be moved higher up the pecking order).

This allows people who can't get there to ask questions as well the key important questions to get put ahead of other more mundane ones, like Phil Parkinson's favourite crisps.

The website is free, can be set up minutes and doesn't register any logging in. Let's see if the board are willing to answer all questions or just those simple asked by whoever can hold on to the microphone.

-----------

Visit www.sli.do and enter E679 to submit your question.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:39:06 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »

I have put it to the board to use a simple, user friendly website to collate questions in advance and on the night, to be displayed on the projector behind them.

Fans can also "like" a question they also wanted to hear an answer to (to allow it to be moved higher up the pecking order).

This allows people who can't get there to ask questions as well the key important questions to get put ahead of other more mundane ones, like Phil Parkinson's favourite crisps.

The website is free, can be set up minutes and doesn't register any logging in. Let's see if the board are willing to answer all questions or just those simple asked by whoever can hold on to the microphone.

-----------

Visit www.sli.do and enter E679 to submit your question.

Seems like a good idea in theory.

Have the board now agreed to this process being used, with it being set up already?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »

Simple enough to use. Excellent work
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2018, 07:42:53 PM »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:00 PM »

Cba

facebook live ?

I think Andrew is implying he can't be arsed... as he would be the one to do it
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2018, 09:11:50 PM »

Cba

facebook live ?

I think Andrew is implying he can't be arsed... as he would be the one to do it

I was half joking with my response, it’s not a question of not being arsed enough to do it - I just don’t think it’s one to stream live. I may live tweet the PP q & a.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the Board