PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Workington match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Workington match thread  (Read 14214 times)

dunhamalty

Re: Workington match thread
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »

James Jones was very poor tonight, got turn inside out on countless occasions by their number 9. Hannigan needs to prove his fitness and play the remainder of the season.

I think Dens gives us abit more energy going forward aswell.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 10:12:34 PM »

Im cursed . Fought hard second half thought we were going to nick a point
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:11 PM »

After the first 15 minutes Workingtoin had weathered the storm. We seemed to stand off them far too often and they manhandled us as often as they could. Big difference between Stourbridge and Workington's approach to the game. I think the pitch was too soft again for our style of football  too. Bring on Spring.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 10:17:18 PM »

To add Thompson gets beats far too easily by low shots from distance.

Jezza

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »

We need to get back to the winning formula
Dens hannigan and richman in
Parky has needlessly messed about with the team..apart from toms injury...
Get the title won boys even below par we should have won that..

Worst officials of the season apart from the liner who gave their pen the ref and the other liner were terrible

andrewflynn

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 10:59:24 PM »

I think we need to be careful how much we nitpick some of the lads’ performances tonight. They were all part of the same XI that blew Stourbridge away last Tuesday - let’s not go all Championship Manager on the back of a disappointing evening. They should be afforded the opportunity to regroup and respond on Saturday.

We’ve set ourselves a high standard and our failure to reach that in the first half is what cost us. To their  credit Workington looked prepared for much more than we threw at them. It was nowhere near good enough and they don’t need us to tell them that, they certainly don’t need a few crackpots booing them off at half-time. Weirdos.

Completely different team in the second half. Much more like it. Again, not to the level we’ve hit at times this season but we aren’t a team of robots. We’re humans and we’re top of the league by six points still. I’ll take that in anticipation of a big response against Bridge.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 07:20:11 AM »

Workington play a similar style to Warrington. We don't cope well with fast, direct teams I'm afraid.

I felt really sorry for James Jones yesterday. He'd have wanted better on his 21st birthday.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 08:01:33 AM »

Workington play a similar style to Warrington. We don't cope well with fast, direct teams I'm afraid.

I felt really sorry for James Jones yesterday. He'd have wanted better on his 21st birthday.

He played like he'd been on the ale celebrating all afternoon.

Let's hope Tom keeps fit for the run in as the Jones & Harrison partnership simply isn't good enough.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »

I think we need to be careful how much we nitpick some of the lads’ performances tonight. They were all part of the same XI that blew Stourbridge away last Tuesday - let’s not go all Championship Manager on the back of a disappointing evening. They should be afforded the opportunity to regroup and respond on Saturday.

We’ve set ourselves a high standard and our failure to reach that in the first half is what cost us. To their  credit Workington looked prepared for much more than we threw at them. It was nowhere near good enough and they don’t need us to tell them that, they certainly don’t need a few crackpots booing them off at half-time. Weirdos.

Completely different team in the second half. Much more like it. Again, not to the level we’ve hit at times this season but we aren’t a team of robots. We’re humans and we’re top of the league by six points still. I’ll take that in anticipation of a big response against Bridge.

100% agree.

I would also say it's a timely reminder that although it's useful if Warrington and Shaw Lane drop points, it's up to us to keep going. If we carry on winning, there's nothing they can do. We need to keep the focus on ourselves and 3 points on Saturday gets us going again.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Alty wanderer

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »

Didn't see that coming, a kick up the arse that nothing can be taken for granted. Alty will still be champions, on another day could have got the win.
Workington are a rag tag but talented bunch. Seem to play when they feel like it. More fringe players than regulars last night and 4 17 year olds on the bench who have yet to play first team football. Produce talented kids - Scott Carson, grant holt and Glenn Murray all came through the youth ranks.Way better than the league position on a given day. Worth avoiding in the playoffs if they sneak in.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »

Didn't see that coming, a kick up the arse that nothing can be taken for granted. Alty will still be champions, on another day could have got the win.
Workington are a rag tag but talented bunch. Seem to play when they feel like it. More fringe players than regulars last night and 4 17 year olds on the bench who have yet to play first team football. Produce talented kids - Scott Carson, grant holt and Glenn Murray all came through the youth ranks.Way better than the league position on a given day. Worth avoiding in the playoffs if they sneak in.
Better still, avoid the playoffs by hanging on to the top spot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Workington match thread