PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stalybridge - Match thread  (Read 16525 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge - Match thread
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2018, 09:43:13 PM »

Snork maiden. I can assure you that there was no foul or abusive language. I said that I felt that the short corner routine was often ineffective and for that after the match at Coalville I was told that I was no longer welcome at the ground. PaP has this season insisted on censoring the media including Radio Robins
ive found Phil to be a very nice bloke . Always time to chat etc

How has he censored the media and radio robins ?
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:36 PM »

Snork maiden. I can assure you that there was no foul or abusive language. I said that I felt that the short corner routine was often ineffective and for that after the match at Coalville I was told that I was no longer welcome at the ground. PaP has this season insisted on censoring the media including Radio Robins

Please clarify

Who threw you out and why - are you barred etc

I know of nobody who has been prevented from attending games for such a reason

Please be clear
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »

I have heard this before that PP asked Radio Robins not to make any negative comments, apparently he thought they were being too critical at times earlier in the season

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 09:59:42 PM »

I perhaps wouldn’t have worded it as strongly but I do fundamentally agree with this.

It’s easy to cheer us when we’re rocking up and demolishing teams, and Lord knows its been a pleasure to watch at times, but these lads need to be able to count on our support when things aren’t clicking. We owe it to them to do so given the run they’ve been on to get us into this position in the first place. It’s the best Alty team we’ve had in years.

We’re all frustrated but it’s football. We need to be really careful here, reading tweets that question the players’ commitment and passion is so disheartening and I’m not the one wearing red and white doing all I can to get us out of this sh*thole. Negativity like that can, and will very quickly translate over to the players.
Not commenting on todays game

But steady on with comments like it's the best Alty team we've had in years - half this team won't be good enough for the conference north never mind the best team in years

How many years is 'years'? I've not seen much of this season but that's a bold statement.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »

Wonder why the lad on loan from Wigan wasn't involved ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 10:03:01 PM »

I have heard this before that PP asked Radio Robins not to make any negative comments, apparently he thought they were being too critical at times earlier in the season
when ive listened to them they always seem fair

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2018, 10:08:41 PM »

Wonder why the lad on loan from Wigan wasn't involved ?
thought this myself

scousr alty

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »

Sick and tired of people who say they support Altrincham doing everything in there power to try put us of track,this my last post last read on this forum,Phil and co doing a great job couple of bad results which every top team has,you haters go set up 2018 Altrincham and have done with it.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2018, 11:06:22 PM »

Sick and tired of people who say they support Altrincham doing everything in there power to try put us of track,this my last post last read on this forum,Phil and co doing a great job couple of bad results which every top team has,you haters go set up 2018 Altrincham and have done with it.
With Ken Dodd and Jim Bowen gone, there are vacancies for comedians. This idiot obviously hasn't heard PP's post match interview.

scousr alty

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2018, 11:12:44 PM »

Not heard it but whatever he said bet he sick of you idiots!!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2018, 11:40:25 PM »

Ive been on this forum since its inception

Im talking about the previous forum to this one

We had "fans" who would berate a draw at Oxford

They will never be happy

Alty5678

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2018, 01:35:38 AM »

Where were you when this criticism took place? There's a time and a place for giving this feedback, of it was in a public arena I can understand the shutdown of this.

I'm not sure what censoring you allude to but I can totally understand the manager of the team asking the official radio station not to be overly negative.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »

Where were you when this criticism took place? There's a time and a place for giving this feedback, of it was in a public arena I can understand the shutdown of this.

I'm not sure what censoring you allude to but I can totally understand the manager of the team asking the official radio station not to be overly negative.

It is clear from his post match interview, which I watched on YouTube at 8pm last night,  that PP is prepared to give an honest assessment of what he has seen on the pitch, and anything relevant that is happening off it. Of course there are things that he would not put on offer via this medium, because they are either sensitive or irrelevant.

I expect his contribution on Thursday to be along the same lines. Ask him there about tactics and I think you'll get reasonable answers. Ask him to comment on your personal view that a particular player isn't good enough however, and he'll diplomatically sidestep it. That's perfectly correct in my view.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »

Yesterday was woeful. Utter dross. Arguably at times worse than the football under Harvey Young and Doughty
Phill promised us players would be fighting to wear the shirt. What happened yesterday? 11 bone idle players wandered around the pitch. There was no urgency or spirit.

At least with Witton we played with a bit of fight, we were just poor. Yesterday was poor effort and poor football.
They deserve all the credit in the world for Stourbridge but part and parcel of that is getting criticism when playing like a shower of sh*te.

If a team like Buxton or Witton play well and we play with energy, tempo and don't make silly errors, and the team drops points, then whilst it's not good, you can take the odd dropped point.

It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2018, 09:59:58 AM »

Overly negative or banning all negativity?
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge - Match thread