PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Stalybridge - Match thread  (Read 16684 times)

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge - Match thread
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 05:47:51 PM »

Utterly shocking performance

PP hasnt strengthened the team and 2nd game in a row we are behind and pinning our fightback on sam.

Lots of happy clappers quite happy paying a tenner to watch that sh*te coz "we are top of the league"

A bit of respect for your fellow supporters wouldnt go amiss. Yes we were terrible today but a lot of us have really enjoyed watching this team this season and we've played some great football. Try and remember we all support the same team!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »

Utterly shocking performance

PP hasnt strengthened the team and 2nd game in a row we are behind and pinning our fightback on sam.

Lots of happy clappers quite happy paying a tenner to watch that sh*te coz "we are top of the league"

A bit of respect for your fellow supporters wouldnt go amiss. Yes we were terrible today but a lot of us have really enjoyed watching this team this season and we've played some great football. Try and remember we all support the same team!

Well said

Mightier

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 05:51:57 PM »

Well. Mr Parkinson doesn't like criticism. I was thrown out because I criticised his short corner routine!! So he's not going to take kindly to criticism in the forum. But the truth is that this is now two defeats on the trot. Nantwich situation all over again?

Jezza

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 06:17:11 PM »

And a bit of respect to fans who only have enough voice left to shout come on sort it out after supporting the lads for 87 mins behind the goal after another lazy sloppy pass to be told to shut up support the team and "we're top of the league ffs".....
We have the right to voice discontent at such an inept performance.
They take the plaudits ok dont they?..they either want passion or they want to be cheered when they score by 50 apathetic fans like ashton..

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2018, 06:23:00 PM »

Well. Mr Parkinson doesn't like criticism. I was thrown out because I criticised his short corner routine!! So he's not going to take kindly to criticism in the forum. But the truth is that this is now two defeats on the trot. Nantwich situation all over again?

Really or was there foul and abusive language involved? If you were thrown out for merely questioning the managers tactics then this is another low.

Happy clapper

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »

Another  complete over reaction. The complete disrespect and poison on this forum for is embarrassing. Yes today was awful but it is still in our hands. We are not going to win every game but neither are the chasing pack  and the  few morons actually booing the team get a f**king grip.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »

Another  complete over reaction. The complete disrespect and poison on this forum for is embarrassing. Yes today was awful but it is still in our hands. We are not going to win every game but neither are the chasing pack  and the  few morons actually booing the team get a f**king grip.
bit of an over reaction this
Come on you red and white........

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »

I totally agree. The booing was a disgrace. Didn’t play well today but overall this team has done very well and played some lovely stuff. Some minor tweaks needed for the run in

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »

I didn't boo mysef but today is not an overreaction because I think it is only 3 wins in the last 7 (could be wrong ) and they are 4th from bottom. We are losing home games.To add we were shocking and a 10 point lead is down to 3 points with one team (Warrington) getting the results so the panic and critism today is warranted.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:48:14 PM by oneedham »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »

Did we really deserve to lose today? We were poor today compared to what we have come to expect, however they created little except what we gave them through poor play. As poor as we were, we somehow created more, hitting the post twice in the  second half and there keeper making a few saves.

PP now needs to be bold and do what is necessary to get us over the line.  We need striker alternatives up front, bring back loanees or get fresh blood in. Winger required and need to get Richman back into midfield, he impressed me when he came on. First half we should have had a penalty but decision went against us. There forward should have gone for the foul on Hampson and wouldn't have scored.

Agree it is time to give Deasy a go in goal TT has lost form and needs dropping. Hopefully Tim will step up to the plate.

Not time top panic, but certainly time for PP to earn his corn. Back to winning ways please on Tuesday,

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »

I perhaps wouldn’t have worded it as strongly but I do fundamentally agree with this.

It’s easy to cheer us when we’re rocking up and demolishing teams, and Lord knows its been a pleasure to watch at times, but these lads need to be able to count on our support when things aren’t clicking. We owe it to them to do so given the run they’ve been on to get us into this position in the first place. It’s the best Alty team we’ve had in years.

We’re all frustrated but it’s football. We need to be really careful here, reading tweets that question the players’ commitment and passion is so disheartening and I’m not the one wearing red and white doing all I can to get us out of this sh*thole. Negativity like that can, and will very quickly translate over to the players.

GB Alty

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »

I perhaps wouldn’t have worded it as strongly but I do fundamentally agree with this.

It’s easy to cheer us when we’re rocking up and demolishing teams, and Lord knows its been a pleasure to watch at times, but these lads need to be able to count on our support when things aren’t clicking. We owe it to them to do so given the run they’ve been on to get us into this position in the first place. It’s the best Alty team we’ve had in years.

We’re all frustrated but it’s football. We need to be really careful here, reading tweets that question the players’ commitment and passion is so disheartening and I’m not the one wearing red and white doing all I can to get us out of this sh*thole. Negativity like that can, and will very quickly translate over to the players.
Not commenting on todays game

But steady on with comments like it's the best Alty team we've had in years - half this team won't be good enough for the conference north never mind the best team in years

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »

We haven't turned into a bad side overnight but we do need to recognise the difference between a corner and a goal. Too often we settled for a corner.

Apart from that the first half against Stourbridge we were closing them down whereas against Workington and again today we were standing off far too often. Shades of the last two seasons. Even if we do get promoted it doesn't bode well for next season. Move up a division and the sides start to get more physical.  

I'm worried at the moment. Today it felt like pass rather than shot on goal was the safer option. I am also worried about Tony. Has he been tested enough for him to justify his place next season? There is no excuse at all for hoofing the ball in to touch.

mase

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2018, 08:52:49 PM »

Hi, I very rarely post and will try to do so more often, however I don't think people weren't supporting the team today there was lots of positive chanting right until the full time whistle today as there was on Tuesday. I honesty believe all are fully behind PP and the team.

I also agree and think most fans accept how well we've played under PP this season, I've certainly enjoyed some of the best football for a number of years.(accepting we're playing at our lowest level ever) However we've now lost 3 at home in 2018 and two in two against teams in the mid or lower table. That is not championship winning form with the best will in the world. I appreciate the weather problems too, however don't think as a management team we've adapted our play accordingly and more physical/direct teams seem to have our measure at the moment.
I'm still confident the team can do the business and get us up, yet today there was a distinct lack of leadership ( nobody talking on the pitch at all today ) and also a distinct lack team spirit today, it appeared at times today players were just standing around hands on hips. I hope I'm wrong but unless something changes big time we'll be in the playoffs! On Tuesday I expect Mickleover will come at at us just like Workington and Stalyvegas and if we leave the space in midfield like we did in both these games they are likely to get something from us too.

More energy like the Stoubridge game from minute one; the team pressing and all working as one then hopefully this is just a blib COYR

Mightier

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2018, 09:30:59 PM »

Snork maiden. I can assure you that there was no foul or abusive language. I said that I felt that the short corner routine was often ineffective and for that after the match at Coalville I was told that I was no longer welcome at the ground. PaP has this season insisted on censoring the media including Radio Robins
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge - Match thread