PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Stalybridge - Match thread  (Read 16732 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge - Match thread
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »

Yesterday was woeful. Utter dross. Arguably at times worse than the football under Harvey Young and Doughty
Phill promised us players would be fighting to wear the shirt. What happened yesterday? 11 bone idle players wandered around the pitch. There was no urgency or spirit.

At least with Witton we played with a bit of fight, we were just poor. Yesterday was poor effort and poor football.
They deserve all the credit in the world for Stourbridge but part and parcel of that is getting criticism when playing like a shower of sh*te.

If a team like Buxton or Witton play well and we play with energy, tempo and don't make silly errors, and the team drops points, then whilst it's not good, you can take the odd dropped point.

Wow. The difference being last season yesterdays type performance was the norm, this season that type of performance has been few and far between. Ok, yesterday wasn't good, but I think there was effort, just bloody awful conditions and below par performances (with individual errors) from everybody apart from Max Harrop. Can't believe this team can be compared to the garage under Doughty and Harvey even on a bad day.

dunhamalty

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »

There no competition for places, Hulme, Poole, JJ and Hancock all know they are starters when fit. Thankfully three out of four have been on form at anyone time this season. We now have a situation where they all look off the pace, Hancocks been injured but we don't have able replacements. If I were PP I would go out and get Liam Dickinson for one, he was such a hand full and is a completely different option to what we have. Hulme has been class for us but needs to be kept on his toes, Heathcote will not do this.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2018, 10:33:42 AM »

Yesterday was woeful. Utter dross. Arguably at times worse than the football under Harvey Young and Doughty
Phill promised us players would be fighting to wear the shirt. What happened yesterday? 11 bone idle players wandered around the pitch. There was no urgency or spirit.

At least with Witton we played with a bit of fight, we were just poor. Yesterday was poor effort and poor football.
They deserve all the credit in the world for Stourbridge but part and parcel of that is getting criticism when playing like a shower of sh*te.

If a team like Buxton or Witton play well and we play with energy, tempo and don't make silly errors, and the team drops points, then whilst it's not good, you can take the odd dropped point.

Wow. The difference being last season yesterdays type performance was the norm, this season that type of performance has been few and far between. Ok, yesterday wasn't good, but I think there was effort, just bloody awful conditions and below par performances (with individual errors) from everybody apart from Max Harrop. Can't believe this team can be compared to the garage under Doughty and Harvey even on a bad day.

Effort wise, it can be. Heads down, no communication yesterday. Only seemed to want have some get up and go after the second went in.
It's all my fault.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2018, 11:37:53 AM »

I didn't see a lack of effort yesterday but there was a definite lack of belief and confidence throughout the team.  JJ is usually a chirpy lad who looks like he's really enjoying his football and has a bit of banter with the spectators near him. Yesterday his head really dropped after his early mistake and it spread throughout the team. This team hasn't had to deal with too many setbacks this season and certainly not a run of them. That is the test of character now.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:32:51 PM by PaulClementsLaments »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »

I agree with Paul, there seems to be a drop in confidence across the team. Need to start by keeping a clean sheet and then get back to being more clinical in the final third. IN PP I trust. Looking forward to see how the management respond and that flows through to the team. We are still top and in our own hands to stay there.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2018, 05:37:34 PM »

Snork maiden. I can assure you that there was no foul or abusive language. I said that I felt that the short corner routine was often ineffective and for that after the match at Coalville I was told that I was no longer welcome at the ground. PaP has this season insisted on censoring the media including Radio Robins
ive found Phil to be a very nice bloke . Always time to chat etc

How has he censored the media and radio robins ?

Been on RR since the start, never had anyone say anything to me about negativity etc, i think we always tell it as it is.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »

Richman needs to come in for Harrop for the run-in.

We need experience at this stage of the season FFS.

Hey?Harrop is only one trying to shift it and get us moving. Moult is playing like he's 70 years of age.

As I said. Experience at this stage speaks volumes. Harrop has contributed well, and he'll be managed well by PP. But I know which 2 I'd want playing alongside each other when it comes to getting results.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2018, 10:57:57 AM »

Richman needs to come in for Harrop for the run-in.

We need experience at this stage of the season FFS.

Hey?Harrop is only one trying to shift it and get us moving. Moult is playing like he's 70 years of age.

As I said. Experience at this stage speaks volumes. Harrop has contributed well, and he'll be managed well by PP. But I know which 2 I'd want playing alongside each other when it comes to getting results.

Indeed, and we know what Harrop can contribute from in front of them ! My only fear is that he gets himself sent off when we really can't afford a suspension during the run-in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge - Match thread