PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New signing  (Read 5235 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New signing
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

Harrop has been our most influential midfielder and Moult is an ever present, so unless he plays lw I've no idea.
Full time and proud of it

Alty5678

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 11:43:20 PM »

Whilst I appreciate Harrop's commitment, I think he is a potential red card waiting to happen with the way he can fly into tackles. I hope I'm proven wrong but he has already had one red this season. I also think he often chooses the wrong pass and tries to be too 'Hollywood' far too often.

We looked far more solid with Richman in the middle. Poole, Johnston, Hancock and Hulme can create/score enough between them. Goals are being conceded at a much higher frequency since the change was made (given it was around the same time as Jones for Hannigan too)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 07:39:19 AM »

Whilst I appreciate Harrop's commitment, I think he is a potential red card waiting to happen with the way he can fly into tackles. I hope I'm proven wrong but he has already had one red this season. I also think he often chooses the wrong pass and tries to be too 'Hollywood' far too often.

We looked far more solid with Richman in the middle. Poole, Johnston, Hancock and Hulme can create/score enough between them. Goals are being conceded at a much higher frequency since the change was made (given it was around the same time as Jones for Hannigan too)

I think we can afford to play Harrop at home. I disagree,most of his passes get to the man and he sees a pass that neither Moult or Richman can. I personally like all 3 but when Moult is run passed he often doesn't catch up. However he wins a lot of headers. Difficult one. Maybe Harrop out wide is the option.
Not only Hannigan but Densmore.
There winner on Tuesday came from a foul White committed. He needs dropping because like Bembo-Leta he is often positioned wrong or way off his man.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:41:01 AM by oneedham »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »

Densmore simply has to start. White is out of position on the right apart from any other consideration. Hannigan for Jones is a no brainer.

If Hancock is fit, I'd put Merrie on the bench and see what develops.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »

Harrop has been outstanding in central midfield. His passing is a joy to watch and I like his tenacity. The defensive issue is that Jones is simply not at the same level as Tom Hannigan. The games that we were winning and not conceding goals, Hannigan was present.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing