PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moult, goalkeeper and striker
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moult, goalkeeper and striker  (Read 5149 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 17, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »

It is embarrassing now and I feel for the lad but Moult needs a rest. Played that first half like an OAP.

Also he has no influence as a captain,quiet and doesn't pull his players away from the ref. He should have grabbed Dens and prevented that first half caution. Yes Dens should have kept his mouth shut, but do your job as a captain and take him away from the situation.

We will need a new keeper next season. He is absolutely awful at kicking and dwells on decision making. Only decent at shot stopping close range. His kicking has been terrible for most of the season. I brought a lad down today and he couldn't believe his kicking.

We need a striker as a plan B to Jordan and Heathcote will never be the answer.

I have been positive for most of the season and I know this is a negative post but I am fuming and can actually see us throwing it away because we are not brave enough to drop players who are not performing in Moult and Thompson.

I said it weeks ago but Warrington are the team we should be worried about.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:26:09 PM by oneedham »

Stan Hibbert

Re: Moult, goalkeeper and striker
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »

It is embarrassing now and I feel for the lad but Moult needs a rest. Played that first half like an OAP.

We will need a new keeper next season. He is absolutely awful at kicking and dwells on decision making. Only decent at shot stopping close range.

They were all gash and have been for 3 of the last 4 games.

Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said the problem now is cofidence from 1-11 plus attitude as I think a few of them thought we’d won the league already.

PP needs to sort this one.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 05:31:57 PM »

We will need a new keeper next season. He is absolutely awful at kicking and dwells on decision making. Only decent at shot stopping close range.

They were all gash and have been for 3 of the last 4 games.

Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said the problem now is cofidence from 1-11 plus attitude as I think a few of them thought we’d won the league already.

PP needs to sort this one.

Yeah I agree with this, even JJ was shocking first half, first time I have watched him have no desire. The pressing and tempo are way off. We are looking like the tired team.
That was a very poor so called ' bounce back' performance.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:34:44 PM by oneedham »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »

We again managed to lose to very ordinary side. Only Harrop was anywhere near the mark. It was an awful mistake by Hampson for the first, yet he still won MOM.

Alty5678

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »

We again managed to lose to very ordinary side. Only Harrop was anywhere near the mark. It was an awful mistake by Hampson for the first, yet he still won MOM.

JJ put their striker through one on one, Hampson can't be held accountable for that.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 05:52:24 PM »

Yeah it was JJ. Harrop was the only one in the first half who was trying to get us forward and moving. He did a couple of misplaced passes in the second, like most players did, but by far the best player on the pitch .

He was covering for two centre mid roles in that first half.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 06:02:09 PM »

I actually thought Hampson was our best player today - at least he was prepared to run at the Stalybridge full backs and have a bit of a go. Agree that TT was absolutely awful and I would be very surprised to see him in goal next match. Also agree that some of our build up play was painfully slow and I think there is a good case for playing Harrop and Richman in the middle. I also think it's unbelievable that we have 3 strikers out on loan and we are playing a centre back as a back up striker. I'd be looking at bringing a gk in on loan and bringing back one of our loan strikers. Where has Mason Walsh gone?

Old Alt

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »

We were truely awful today, for anyone who didn't go, don't let the scoreline fool you in thinking this was a close match.
I agree with the points re Moult, he plays so deep he has no impact on the game, Harrop is the only player anywhere near the centre circle and is in midfield on his own. I think a few comments to Harrop were fairly kind, he may have been our best option in midfield, but his shooting and passing today were not up to his usual standard today. The frustrating point about Moult, is PP obviously sees this, as he substituted Moult, it is time to make a change.
In terms of the forwards, Hulme, was just on his own today and had no support, a few times he broke through but had no one to pass to. Poole was anonymous today.
It won't be Shaw Lane, who challenge us, they have too many matches to play, but while we keep dropping points someone else will sneek in.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »

We have got away with playing a back 5 and one in centre mid because of richman
We have got away with playing one up front when jj and poole are on form.
We have not strengthened over the season and bringing heathcote back was a huge backward step..
I can see us going out in the play offs to some dog and duck team whos 192 fans go delirious.
Rowley out

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »

We were truely awful today, for anyone who didn't go, don't let the scoreline fool you in thinking this was a close match.
I agree with the points re Moult, he plays so deep he has no impact on the game, Harrop is the only player anywhere near the centre circle and is in midfield on his own. I think a few comments to Harrop were fairly kind, he may have been our best option in midfield, but his shooting and passing today were not up to his usual standard today. The frustrating point about Moult, is PP obviously sees this, as he substituted Moult, it is time to make a change.
In terms of the forwards, Hulme, was just on his own today and had no support, a few times he broke through but had no one to pass to. Poole was anonymous today.
It won't be Shaw Lane, who challenge us, they have too many matches to play, but while we keep dropping points someone else will sneek in.

Again I have said many times but Poole hasn't played anywhere his best in the majority of games. His best game or half a game was Stourbridge at home.  Hancock no.10 for me. JJ and Poole need to get up quicker to support Hulme.  Nowhere near good enough today, fuming.

I am hoping this loanee is decent so we can play him and Richman centre mid with Harrop and JJ out wide and Hancock behind Hulme.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:13:57 PM by oneedham »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

Im the eternal optimist but we were woeful today

2 1 flattered us

We gave the ball away time after time . No communication

ParkINson's red and white army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 06:20:08 PM »

Too add whilst I am on one.......can we practice corner taking and attacking corners please. It has been sh*te for years.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 06:20:46 PM »

2 1 flattered us

No captain and you are badddd luck😉

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 06:23:37 PM »

2 1 flattered us

No captain and you are badddd luck😉
its true now ! Ill stay away 😑
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 07:01:31 PM »

Wow. Our demise has escalated very quickly.

Shocking as we were in parts today it's still in our hands.

Can't really fault the management for their tactics, it's got us in this position. The players at fault today and last Tuesday. Whether it's squarely bum who knows time will tell.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team