PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moult, goalkeeper and striker
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moult, goalkeeper and striker  (Read 5059 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moult, goalkeeper and striker
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »

Wow. Our demise has escalated very quickly.

Shocking as we were in parts today it's still in our hands.

Can't really fault the management for their tactics, it's got us in this position. The players at fault today and last Tuesday. Whether it's squarely bum who knows time will tell.

Manager decision to play Moult and Thompson.

Anyone could see in recent games apart from Stourbridge that Moult either needs a rest or to be dropped.

Richman was one of our better performers before he lost his place to Harrop. Harrop deserved to keep him place and has done since but Moult needs dropping so yes PP can take some blame. I like PP but playing Moult in his current form is a poor stubborn decision.

As for Thompson he also should be dropped and not only on this one performance. He gives the opposition the ball back so often that it is costing us.

I do agree that the players attitude was poor today, apart from Harrop and Hampson who gave their all.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 07:38:16 PM »

Too add whilst I am on one.......can we practice corner taking and attacking corners please. It has been sh*te for years.

Have said for a long time now - the best thing to do when we get a corner is to leave everyone back and kick it out for a goal kick - best not waste the time of taking a corner because in recent times the opposition has scored more often from them than we have

Sorry : cannot help my cynicism after today's defeat - but would love a statto out there to tell me how many times we have scored from a corner of late

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 07:41:26 PM »

Too add whilst I am on one.......can we practice corner taking and attacking corners please. It has been sh*te for years.

Have said for a long time now - the best thing to do when we get a corner is to leave everyone back and kick it out for a goal kick - best not waste the time of taking a corner because in recent times the opposition has scored more often from them than we have

Sorry : cannot help my cynicism after today's defeat - but would love a statto out there to tell me how many times we have scored from a corner of late

I think the last time was Hannigan on Boxing Day at Marine. So last year !

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 08:27:09 PM »

True, but how many times do the opposition score when they have a corner?

Very rarely.

Conclusion: corners are generally sh*t. Not ours- everyones.

(Although today we actually did OK on one (out of many) when Poole put one in and Peers got a header on target that the oppo keeper pushed over. That was a rare effective corner).

Corners are sh*te.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 08:28:19 PM »

Wow. Our demise has escalated very quickly.

Shocking as we were in parts today it's still in our hands.

Can't really fault the management for their tactics, it's got us in this position. The players at fault today and last Tuesday. Whether it's squarely bum who knows time will tell.

Manager decision to play Moult and Thompson.

Anyone could see in recent games apart from Stourbridge that Moult either needs a rest or to be dropped.

Richman was one of our better performers before he lost his place to Harrop. Harrop deserved to keep him place and has done since but Moult needs dropping so yes PP can take some blame. I like PP but playing Moult in his current form is a poor stubborn decision.

As for Thompson he also should be dropped and not only on this one performance. He gives the opposition the ball back so often that it is costing us.

I do agree that the players attitude was poor today, apart from Harrop and Hampson who gave their all.

I was referring to the set-up not the personal.

Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »

A lot of criticism of Jake Moult on here, far worse performances have been put in by others. One example would be John Johnston who's final "ball" has been poor recently.
OK when he gives the ball away near the opposition goal it is just a wasted chance of an attack, when he produces a sh*te pass in the back third near our end, he costed us a goal today.
Saying that, the whole teams passing today was poor.

Both have been very good players for us this season (as they pretty much all have). Managements job to get their confidence and form back. Competition for places should help, where was this new signing? Mason Walsh can also play on the wing, where's he?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 08:54:51 PM »

Mason Walsh has left. Had to go down south for family reasons, but may return next season as he is at Uni in Mnachester. PP also expects to sign a striker, so maybe a alternative way of playing is being planned.

mase

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »

I thought Moult wa s poor today (two great long passes but some shocking short passes). Possible MOM v Stourbribge poor against Workington and even worse today. May have as well been the third centre half at times leaving Harrop on his own and the opportunity for the oppostion just to pass the ball easily round our midfied again. Not sure if that's his fault or a team issue though?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moult, goalkeeper and striker