PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Kenny Palin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: RIP Kenny Palin  (Read 18617 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Kenny Palin
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »

Desperately sad news. I remember Kenny from way back in the 60,s . Always a character who could bring a smile to everyone's face.

Condolences to family and friends

You will be so sadly missed fella.

Zigger Zagger Zigger Zagger..... RIP Kenny Palin.

Ray Sant

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 12:57:24 PM »

Wow, I started supporting Alty around 41 years ago (old gitdom is upon me like an unwelcome vagrant) and like most others on this thread, Kenny is an ever present memory. Rarely without a smile on his face and as others have pointed out, almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Such a simple joyous view of life; the world would be a brighter place if more of us had the same outlook.

If I believed in an afterlife, Kenny would be roaming around with a small transistor radio, smile on face, telling anyone and everyone the latest Rochdale score.

RIP
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »

Sorry to hear this sad news. I have many happy memories of Kenny, not least on the away coach in the 90s and 00s. A real character and someone who enriched the atmosphere around the club time and time again.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 01:24:43 PM »

Very sad news indeed. Always smiling and always stopped for a chat at the match or anywhere else I bumped into him. He was the only person I knew that could just turn up at a wedding/birthday party etc uninvited and be welcomed with open arms. RIP Kenny the buffet slayer!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 01:38:09 PM »

Absolutely stunned by this very sad news. Will always remember him singing on the coaches on the way back from away games. Loved by one and all. RIP Kenny.
Come on Alty!

arnald

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »

Sad news ,,, Kenny kept most people  informed of alty fc latest results from bus drivers
To shop keepers .. great man

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »

Gutted r.i.p Kenny a real gent and character who will never be replaced will gladly chip in for some sort of memorial .

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »

No more fitting tribute for Ken than getting this league title won for him.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 03:53:07 PM »

Loving the tribute replies to Altrincham fc tweet by current and ex players.
@AltyDaz

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2018, 04:39:34 PM »

So sorry to hear this.  Kenny was a legend.   I went to my first Alty game in 1973 and my enduring memories of those early games and the 100's that followed was Kenny and "Zigger Zagger"!!!!  RIP Kenny.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »

RIP Kenny, condolences to friends and family. As everyone else says, great man, very friendly, funny and made you smile. True Alty Legend that will be missed by all parts of the community. Hope the club comes up with a fitting memorial, such as a minutes applause at a home game, winning the title this season.

roytonmike

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »

A bad weekend got so much worse today. Kenny may be gone but he will live in the memory of all of us for as long as we're around and of sound mind. Rest in peace, friend.

andrewflynn

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 06:33:00 PM »

The popular side should be officially named after Kenny Palin, I think. An absolute constant throughout my years watching Altrincham - I’ll never forget the first time I heard him start zigger zagger off. Football clubs like ours are built on legendary characters like Kenny and we’ve lost a true legend today. My condolences to his family and close friends. The flood of tweets from past and present players says it all.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 06:41:48 PM »

The popular side should be officially named after Kenny Palin, I think. An absolute constant throughout my years watching Altrincham - I’ll never forget the first time I heard him start zigger zagger off. Football clubs like ours are built on legendary characters like Kenny and we’ve lost a true legend today. My condolences to his family and close friends. The flood of tweets from past and present players says it all.

+1. Or Maybe replace the Radio Robins / Alty TV banner with a permanent sign named after Kenny?
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »

Agreed or one of the stands rip Kenny
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 07:34:18 PM by Timperley The Best »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Kenny Palin