PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mickleover- Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mickleover- Match Thread  (Read 14026 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mickleover- Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 10:56:07 PM »

I'm not looking forward to playing Shaw Lane in the playoff final.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »

Some of the comments are a bit over the top. It was like the Alamo for most of the game. Poole does distribute the ball and wins it back if he loses it. Laurie did neither. The yellow card count tells a story tonight but I really would like Hulme to start sticking them away again. I don't think he had a clear cut chance tonight but the drought is worrying.

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »

It’s mad how games play out when you’re on alternate runs of form. If we had those same chances two months ago we’d have won 6-1.

I’m very worried though. We can see it crumbling before our eyes and I just pray we can come up with a big, confidence rehabilitating result on Saturday to get us fully back on track. At least a draw stops the rot in theory.

Step it up lads.

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 11:21:46 PM »

Just seen the goals back. How on f**king earth is that not a foul on Hannigan. I missed that as it’s out of view where we stand. Just presumed it was a wayward pass.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 12:08:56 AM »

Just back. A draw against a bunch of fkn thugs. Refereed by a fkn clown ably assisted by a fkn tosspot of a lino on the popular side.

A bobbly pitch especially on the popular side contributed to lots of what seemed poor passes.

We should have buried them by halftime.

Why the f**k we never saw Harrop is a mystery. I hope it wasn't down to tomorrow's game...

That left back needs to be sent back to Scouseport he isn't up to standard

We need to have a plan B or this is going to turn into a nightmare.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »

Just seen the goals back. How on f**king earth is that not a foul on Hannigan. I missed that as it’s out of view where we stand. Just presumed it was a wayward pass.

The players stopped, expecting a free kick which was never given, instead of playing to the fkn whistle
Very frustrated tonight

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 12:20:09 AM »

The season has now got a play off loss at home to Witton written all over it , hope I'm  proved wrong

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 01:09:03 AM »

Pretty much followed the same pattern of the previous 2 home games, decent start, failing to convert a few half chances then conceding a sloppy goal. The positives as Cooker says is that we battled well for a point, stopped the rot and with a decent bounce of the ball would've won. We need to get our noses in front in a game and hopefully the confidence will come back - it's clear that's taken a big knock.

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 06:46:50 AM »

Same lazy arsed back pass putting tom under pressure.

We are here to win this sh*t league..why not press forward at every opportunity...this complacent passing it around the back has cost us 5 points in the last 2 games...

Apart from that credit for never giving up and snatching what could be a valuable point...but not being able to beat mickleover sports at home..a new low for rowley fc

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »

My first home game since Stafford. I'm still totally against Rowley and think he's a total arse but I've decided life's too short to sit at home getting whatsapp updates. I thought we played OK tbh against a big tough side who were playing like they were in a Cup Final and threw their bodies on the line all game. We just needed one of those early chances to go in and we've had hit 5 or 6 but confidence is obviously low,let's hope that changes pretty quick! I thought no subs was very bizarre especially as legs tired in the last 15 mins and I agree with several others on here that White looks well out of sorts,there must be a decent player in there somewhere because you don't get League player of the year two years running then just turn wank overnight!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 08:53:55 AM »

My first home game since Stafford. I'm still totally against Rowley and think he's a total arse but I've decided life's too short to sit at home getting whatsapp updates. I thought we played OK tbh against a big tough side who were playing like they were in a Cup Final and threw their bodies on the line all game. We just needed one of those early chances to go in and we've had hit 5 or 6 but confidence is obviously low,let's hope that changes pretty quick! I thought no subs was very bizarre especially as legs tired in the last 15 mins and I agree with several others on here that White looks well out of sorts,there must be a decent player in there somewhere because you don't get League player of the year two years running then just turn wank overnight!

Glad you have come back. Support is needed.

Yeah there must be a player in White. I suppose I am more annoyed with his lack of effort. Doesn't really want the ball, only overlapped second half. He just doesn't seem to be up for the fight.
Everyone knew Hampson would be a miss as he is very good.
I wonder if Lewis Short is starting games. Would be good to have him on a months loan.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 09:01:19 AM »

I believe releasing Lewis Short was a mistake.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 09:17:53 AM »

I believe releasing Lewis Short was a mistake.

I believe Short asked to leave to play regular football.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »

We need somebody who can cross a ball from a set piece. All those corners we had last night were wasted mainly due to poorly taken free kicks. It a basic ability of being a footballer ffs

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »

We need somebody who can cross a ball from a set piece. All those corners we had last night were wasted mainly due to poorly taken free kicks. It a basic ability of being a footballer ffs

In complete agreement. Hancock should take corners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mickleover- Match Thread