News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No plan B

Author Topic: No plan B  (Read 2302 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
No plan B
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:14:28 PM »

Can someone tell me why Poole deserves to play? I compared him to Lawrie after the friendlies, he does have more about him but we can't afford luxury players when we NOW need to fight. His corners and crosses don't beat the first man. I would say 80% of games he has no influence.

Harrop should have come on for Poole. Moult had a better second half but still off his game.

Why can't the players put in the effort of Richman. Outstanding tonight. Deserved his MOTM.

JJ has been awful recently. Get him on the left.

White had a better second half but he is crap.Merrie has a left foot, play him left back until Hampson is back.

There is no plan B,we signed Heathcote as a back up striker. What the hell?  Sign a striker or get Miller back from his loan. We have a load of centre mids???? and only Peers as a back up to Hulme but he won't bring him on up top.

Hulme has done well over the season but he's not your out and out goalscorer.

Why haven't Alty got a player who can score every week at this level??? Shocking.

Peers and Harrop should have come on with 20 left.

This is where PP let's himself down......no plan B or brave decisions. We had some momentum but Harrop should have come on for Poole.

We don't get enough players into the box. Poole hardly makes the runs but when he has made that that run in the past he has scored a couple.

He is not going to drop Moult so have Richman next to him and Harrop as the No.10. He has a decent shot,pass and would drive into the box.

This bloody club stresses me out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:26:32 PM by oneedham »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: No plan B
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »

Poole is playing too deep to take any weight off Hulme. And if tonight is the best we can expect from White, we may as well put Moult in the middle of a back three, with Densmore in midfield.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:07:26 PM »

Do you even know if Merrie has kicked a ball at left back, or are you just that dead set against White that you’d rather have a 19 year old central midfield loanee, who’s not featured for us, play there?

Got a lot of time for your posts mate cause you’re clearly passionate about the way we play but I think you border on a vendetta against certain players at times. Your opinion though so fair play.

Certainly agree about the lack of subs, can’t get my head around no Peers or Harrop. Makes no sense to me at all.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:52:05 AM »

Do you even know if Merrie has kicked a ball at left back, or are you just that dead set against White that you’d rather have a 19 year old central midfield loanee, who’s not featured for us, play there?

Got a lot of time for your posts mate cause you’re clearly passionate about the way we play but I think you border on a vendetta against certain players at times. Your opinion though so fair play.

Certainly agree about the lack of subs, can’t get my head around no Peers or Harrop. Makes no sense to me at all.

I have to rant sometimes,only way I can release after disappointments. Maybe I am being harsh on White but I wouldn't dig out a player who gave their all.

Just don't see any passion or urgency in his play. If a player that I don't rate is chosen but gives their all then I wouldn't dig them out, but when I have seen us give away a 10 point lead and still have the likes of Poole and White clearly not putting 100% in then I can't help but vent.

Especially when they have someone like Richman embarrassing them with his attitude and effort. For the run in we need the mentality of players like Richman,Hampson,Harrop and Hulme.

I haven't seen Merrie at left back but I just think White is a major weak point. I always hope to be proven wrong. Put my hands up to misjudging Harrop after two games,I think his ponytail threw me.

Alty never make it easy but PP always mentions that if a player isn't doing a job then he has players to step in. Most weeks Poole isn't doing a job and Harrop or even Hancock would get up with play more effectively as the No.10. Poole at this level should run games and he isn't. Yes he now and again steps up but not good enough at the moment.

I admit to being ruthless on some players but the changes should have been made last night. They would have struggled with Harrop coming on as a no.10.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:07:26 AM by oneedham »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 07:52:40 AM »

You're not being harsh on White. He seems to have gone backwards since leaving Nantwich for Southport. I've tried excusing him for being played on the wrong side before last night,  but I've concluded that either his confidence is shot, or his fitness level isn't good enough (slow to recover when beaten or conceding possession. Frankly, I'd release him.

Poole on the other hand is being played too deep. He's usually tightly marked and gets kicked a lot. Maybe he should be tested for a couple of games, but if Harrop takes his role he'll need to play closer to Hulme, who has a thankless task with insufficient support.

Finally JJ. Not the influence on the game that we know he can be. He simply MUST play on the left, and he needs to pick his final ball better.

We haven't suddenly become a bad side, but the problems are clearly evident and must be addressed quickly.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 08:51:51 AM »

OP, most of your posts are usually quite reasoned, but your ongoing vendetta against Poole is a little bit bizarre to be honest.  He's never going to be running round like a headless chicken because it's not his style of play. His ball retention under extreme pressure is usually quite remarkable and I'd be careful what you wish for if you think putting a load of less experienced, hot-headed types who'd give the ball away more often would be the answer. That's my opinion (as yours is yours).

I think it's incredible we're not playing JJ on the left after seeing how much he tore it up on that side earlier in the season. It was clear from the Trafford game in pre-season that playing on the right doesn't quite come off as much for him - so why we're still playing him there in March is a mystery.

One thing I agree with is trying Harrop further up the pitch again (probably at the expense of JJ on these types of pitch at the moment) and Richman should be in the engine room every week. Not sure why he was ever dropped and I actually think it's cost us a substantial amount of points recently. Again, my opinion.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 09:08:38 AM »

OP, most of your posts are usually quite reasoned, but your ongoing vendetta against Poole is a little bit bizarre to be honest.  He's never going to be running round like a headless chicken because it's not his style of play. His ball retention under extreme pressure is usually quite remarkable and I'd be careful what you wish for if you think putting a load of less experienced, hot-headed types who'd give the ball away more often would be the answer. That's my opinion (as yours is yours).

I think it's incredible we're not playing JJ on the left after seeing how much he tore it up on that side earlier in the season. It was clear from the Trafford game in pre-season that playing on the right doesn't quite come off as much for him - so why we're still playing him there in March is a mystery.

One thing I agree with is trying Harrop further up the pitch again (probably at the expense of JJ on these types of pitch at the moment) and Richman should be in the engine room every week. Not sure why he was ever dropped and I actually think it's cost us a substantial amount of points recently. Again, my opinion.

I think it is just purely frustration with Poole. I know the lad can play football and retain the ball.

I just feel Hancock or Harrop would have more influence on games with shooting, driving forward and even goals and we need goals at the moment. I watch Poole intensively because we need him to make things happen but he just doesn't, his passing isnt great and if he doesn't go down for a free kick he often turns in circles.  He is also lazy at chasing back. I just personally feel Harrop would do a better job.

You are right JJ  should be on the left,everyone apart from PP can see this. A different player on the left.

Richman should and deserves to start games and so does Harrop.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No plan B