PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halesowen Town : Match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Halesowen Town : Match thread  (Read 12800 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Halesowen Town : Match thread
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »

Deasy

Dens       Harrison        Hannigan         Jones or Merrie

Richman      Moult

Hancock           Harrop         Johnston

Hulme

Saw Merrie against Winsford. He isn't a left back, and neither is Jones. Either we play White (and pray) or play Moult in front of a back three.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »

Deasy

Dens       Harrison        Hannigan         Jones or Merrie

Richman      Moult

Hancock           Harrop         Johnston

Hulme

Saw Merrie against Winsford. He isn't a left back, and neither is Jones. Either we play White (and pray) or play Moult in front of a back three.

Why would you leave an average left back out in favour of playing an average centre back out of position or an on loan midfielder just because he's left footed?? David Silva and Mo Salah are left footed but I wouldn't play them at left back!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »

Deasy

Dens       Harrison        Hannigan         Jones or Merrie

Richman      Moult

Hancock           Harrop         Johnston

Hulme

Why would you leave an average left back out in favour of playing an average centre back out of position or an on loan midfielder just because he's left footed?? David Silva and Mo Salah are left footed but I wouldn't play them at left back!

Because White will cost us in games and we have no other cover. I need to see Merrie but described as an athletic young lad with a left foot,he he can play centre mid then he can play left back. You are right though I wouldn't normally play anyone out of position but desperate times in that position means desperate measures.
We all know he will play White so I am hoping he steps up and his shaky start is put behind him but something tells me about his body language that he won't play or defend any other way than lathergic.
It is like how Heathcote use to defend.
I love being proven wrong by players though because I want us to succeed. I also win £570 if we win the league outright.

Alty5678

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 03:37:51 PM »

Deasy

Richman      Moult

Hulme

Because White will cost us in games and we have no other cover. I need to see Merrie but described as an athletic young lad with a left foot,he he can play centre mid then he can play left back. You are right though I wouldn't normally play anyone out of position but desperate times in that position means desperate measures.
We all know he will play White so I am hoping he steps up and his shaky start is put behind him but something tells me about his body language that he won't play or defend any other way than lathergic.
I love being proven wrong by players though because I want us to succeed. I also win £570 if we win the league outright.

Whilst I understand your frustration with White, to simply suggest a player based on him being "described as an athletic young lad with a left foot" is a strange one.

Would you not prefer a left back who is "a multi-award winner who will bring versatility and a proven pedigree" and "who can operate as a full-back or wing-back on either flank"?

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 03:49:13 PM »

Jordan Hulme looked like he wouldn't score 10 league goals after his first five games. People were calling from him to be dropped and Peers to start up front. He grew into the side and has had a great season since. I've still got a lot of faith that White will become a steady performer for us. His performance away at Farsley springs to mind, incredibly solid in a 1-0 win.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »

Deasy

Richman      Moult

Hulme

Whilst I understand your frustration with White, to simply suggest a player based on him being "described as an athletic young lad with a left foot" is a strange one.

Would you not prefer a left back who is "a multi-award winner who will bring versatility and a proven pedigree" and "who can operate as a full-back or wing-back on either flank"?

Yeah you are all right. A bit of patience is needed. I actually think Bembo-Leta was a better performer. The bonus of a White is that he can play both sides. Just need to see some grit and 100% effort.

JJ needs a good game. Praying he is put out left, on that wing he is decent at going inside and outside as on the right he is a one trick pony and always goes outside. If the defender can keep up with him on the right side then his game is pretty much over.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 04:35:28 PM »

Jordan Hulme looked like he wouldn't score 10 league goals after his first five games. People were calling from him to be dropped and Peers to start up front. He grew into the side and has had a great season since. I've still got a lot of faith that White will become a steady performer for us. His performance away at Farsley springs to mind, incredibly solid in a 1-0 win.

Fair point.

Alty5678

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »

Confidence is the biggest issue at the minute.

Hulme - hasn't scored in six
White - looks nervous and scared to make a mistake, which inevitably will lead to one
JJ - he was outstanding up until the season became very stop/start with postponements
Hancock - hasn't scored this year, when previously he was 1 in 2, at worst, for the earlier part of the season
Thompson - is probably feeling it after letting in so many goals over the last few weeks, after his spell of 15 clean sheets in 19 league games (he's not had one since)

Hopefully Halesowen will be a solid 2/3/4-0 win, with the above all contributing significantly to give that much needed boost all round.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »

Confidence is the biggest issue at the minute.

Hulme - hasn't scored in six
White - looks nervous and scared to make a mistake, which inevitably will lead to one
JJ - he was outstanding up until the season became very stop/start with postponements
Hancock - hasn't scored this year, when previously he was 1 in 2, at worst, for the earlier part of the season
Thompson - is probably feeling it after letting in so many goals over the last few weeks, after his spell of 15 clean sheets in 19 league games (he's not had one since)

Hopefully Halesowen will be a solid 2/3/4-0 win, with the above all contributing significantly to give that much needed boost all round.

Fingers crossed. We seem more relaxed away from home. Also normally better pitches.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 05:40:40 PM »

Can't see any change to formation, and it's either Richman or Harrop next to Moult. Do wonder why we signed Merrie if this is the case.

Massive game (again) desperately need Hulme to score and us to win.

Full time and proud of it

Chris.F.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »

After the game on Wednesday I can't see Merrie or Bailey-Jones offering anything better than we have.
Merrie is lightweight and struggled when pressed and pushed.
Bailey-Jones has no pace which is strange for a 'winger'.
Harrop once again the best player on the pitch he must start.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »

After the game on Wednesday I can't see Merrie or Bailey-Jones offering anything better than we have.
Merrie is lightweight and struggled when pressed and pushed.
Bailey-Jones has no pace which is strange for a 'winger'.
Harrop once again the best player on the pitch he must start.

To be honest, I thought Palma was much more impressive on the wing on Wednesday. All the more impressive given he had played and scored for Trafford the night before.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 02:36:23 PM »

Deasy and Hancock replace Thompson and Peers.

Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 03:09:25 PM »

Deasy and Hancock replace Thompson and Peers.

Hancock started against Mickleover

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

1-0
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halesowen Town : Match thread