PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decent night without kicking a ball
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Decent night without kicking a ball  (Read 4404 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Decent night without kicking a ball
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 10:22:34 AM »

We can only hope that Jay McEveley does for them what Danny Higginbotham did for us.....

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »

We can only hope that Jay McEveley does for them what Danny Higginbotham did for us.....

Good call!!

Matt Taylor

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:38 PM »

Aside from the 3 signings Warrington made today

The older Scottish fella they got off Tranmere, these are the exact words of my pal who has a ST at Prenton Park;

‘He’s fcuking awful now and they’ll ship goals if he plays’

So I wouldn’t get too excited just yet about Warrington chucking yet more cash at it, even if they are trying to maintain this plucky underdogs story.
Every player in this league is sh*t by conference standards, so the fact they signing players from a conference team and we're signing players from Ramsbottom and Stalybridge is worrying for sure

I’ll take the word of my mate who goes up Tranmere every week as opposed to your relentless blitzkreig of negativity.

Don’t let Jamie’s often crude bedside manner detract from when he is making a reasonable point.

None of our current players would look good in Tranmere’s team either. Anyone who thinks they would is either deluding themselves, or attaching too much weight to past glories.

That’s not to be negative about this season, or to take away anything at all from any of our present squad, who have been successfully assembled to win the league they currently sit top of. But at the same time, the gulf between levels is massive, and I wouldn’t start dismissing anyone’s chances of success in this league based on a few ropey performances in the conference.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decent night without kicking a ball