PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane: Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Shaw Lane: Match Thread  (Read 15638 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Lane: Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 11:37:40 PM »

Superb result and performance. They were utter parcel,but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Bad to single out individuals after such a great team effort,but White and Peers were excellent.

Only real negative is Harrison injury. If he is out for the season it's a big loss.

Bring on Rushall
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »

Only real negative is Harrison injury. If he is out for the season it's a big loss.

I'm horribly afraid it's his cruciate. If so he'll be a massive loss. To potentially make matters worse, a normally reliable source reckons Poole may be out as well.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 12:11:31 AM »

Shaw lane certainly lived up to there reputation for being an aggressive team.
So glad we beat them big time. There number 3 is nowt but a fkn thug.

Onwards to Rushall on Saturday. Let's get this league won asap.

Well done lads on a great performance tonight especially Peers. Moult and Richman

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2018, 04:09:23 AM »

JJ on the left is a bigger threat and Simon Richman in there (MoM) made all the difference - he is a must against most teams in this league

Ref made a big mistake with the first half challenge but did well thereafter
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2018, 06:53:31 AM »

I'm horribly afraid it's his cruciate. If so he'll be a massive loss. To potentially make matters worse, a normally reliable source reckons Poole may be out as well.

Poole will be missed as a squad player but we have Hancock as no.10 and Harrop who can also do a job there. Harrison is a huge worry due to Hannigan's injury history.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2018, 07:49:01 AM »

Without wanting to get too carried away, we’ve got ourselves back on track thanks to results elsewhere and us doing our job.

However, that should take nothing away from Last nights performance. Whilst I’ve seen better footballing performances (perhaps at times we’ve been spoilt - Stourbridge springs to mind), that was a superb team performance. We won the second balls, we kept it simple, and high tempo.

Simon Richman was outstanding in his efforts, his confidence of winning every ball led to him having a pop and scoring the second.

We got players pressing together, fighting for the ball, and playing with energy - excactly what we were missing in our two home defeats. I was impressed by our team pressing by the ref on every physical challenge. Whether a tactic or not, it ensured no foul (bar the penalty on JJ) went unnoticed.

I still would like to see Harrop on the pitch, has he and Phil fallen out? Barely played recently.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:52:02 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

anglo alty

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2018, 09:26:21 AM »

What a result . Warrington dropping points as well double bubble

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2018, 09:32:10 AM »

I thought the Alty fans were excellent last night particularly in the second half when the game started in the balance
ParkINson's red and white army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:11 AM »

Without wanting to get too carried away, we’ve got ourselves back on track thanks to results elsewhere and us doing our job.

However, that should take nothing away from Last nights performance. Whilst I’ve seen better footballing performances (perhaps at times we’ve been spoilt - Stourbridge springs to mind), that was a superb team performance. We won the second balls, we kept it simple, and high tempo.

Simon Richman was outstanding in his efforts, his confidence of winning every ball led to him having a pop and scoring the second.

We got players pressing together, fighting for the ball, and playing with energy - excactly what we were missing in our two home defeats. I was impressed by our team pressing by the ref on every physical challenge. Whether a tactic or not, it ensured no foul (bar the penalty on JJ) went unnoticed.

I still would like to see Harrop on the pitch, has he and Phil fallen out? Barely played recently.

I suspect Harrop is just being managed; he's still learning his way a bit in the game and it's no surprise we've looked assured again since Richman's return alongside Moult.

Hopefully the heavier pitches are now a thing of the past and we can just do our thing - I look at the fixture list and suddenly can't see 7 points being dropped, but one game at a time.

Did JJ play on the left?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »

Poole will be missed as a squad player but we have Hancock as no.10 and Harrop who can also do a job there. Harrison is a huge worry due to Hannigan's injury history.

Agree with this. Harrison is a big loss but Poole missing is a lot more manageable.

andrewflynn

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

Should never have gone in level at 1-1. Can't remember them having a shot other than the one from the spot. Sure Thompson will be a little disappointed to have given away that penalty but otherwise we looked assured at the back, TT included who's distribution was miles better than the Bridge game.

Agree that no Poole is more manageable than no Harrison - we were without him for sections of our big run of form earlier in the season so we've shown we can do it without him. The signing of Sam Heathcote now looks a bit more clued up, doesn't it. If we all agree that Jones and Hannigan are our starting pairing while Harrison is out, then that makes Heathcote, Moult and Hampson (when back) the three deputies.

They tired much quicker than I thought. After our fifteen minute spell at the start of the second half they physically couldn't challenge. Taking nothing away from us though as we were at our ruthless best.

Great attendance, too, considering they brought next to no one. Only 1,104 at Salford City shows the potential we have.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2018, 12:22:46 PM »

This crazy run of games we have coming up will require the squad to be well managed. Therefore, I can understand Harrop being kept fresh as everyone will have to play their part over the next 2 weeks. My worry is that if Hannigan gets injured again, we are looking very bare in the centre of defence. Having said that, we've done well to get this far into the season without any major injury problems, so we've not done too badly.
Come on Alty!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »

I suspect Harrop is just being managed; he's still learning his way a bit in the game and it's no surprise we've looked assured again since Richman's return alongside Moult.

Hopefully the heavier pitches are now a thing of the past and we can just do our thing - I look at the fixture list and suddenly can't see 7 points being dropped, but one game at a time.

Did JJ play on the left?

yes, but more important, he won the first 1 v1 and therefore had the defender worried and making mistakes then on in.
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »

Max Harrop on his day can be a match changer..........has a big part to play in the remainder of this season

No way he and Phil are at loggerheads, seen them chatting in the bar and all looks good to me. As someone else has said, PP is just managing the situation as he sees it and I won't mention names on here, but some of the players have said how good he is with them
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane: Match Thread