News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Neil and Phil sign new deal for next sesson

Author Topic: Neil and Phil sign new deal for next sesson  (Read 4641 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 29, 2018, 11:48:40 PM »

Very little on here about this - Thoughts ?

Got to be a positive announcement ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Neil and Phil sign new deal for next sesson
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:57:32 PM »

I was at the meeting tonight, this was a very very positive meeting which I thoroughly enjoyed, starting off with our management duo signing up for next season.

I know not everybody could make it tonight, but the overall feeling is that the club is very much on the up and I will leave it to John Laidler to update us all. I was just glad of the opportunity to shake Phil and Neil's hand and thank them both for what they have done so far. There is much more to come from both management, players and the club. Watch this space!!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 12:03:49 AM »

Excellent news. I haven't watched all of the video from the meeting tonight (good work from the media team) but I have watched PP. I thought he spoke brilliantly and with passion. We are onto a good thing with Phil and Neil in charge and I hope that the stay away fans can see beyond their differences with GR and get back to supporting the team and enjoying the football. I have to admit that one sore point from this season is that this group of players haven't enjoyed the level of support from the alty fans than far less deserving teams have in the past.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 12:16:37 AM »

One point Phil did make which was important was the way we have recently been applauding the players even when they lose. Understandably at times we have turned our backs on them, especially after what has happened previously over the last couple of years. Phil said the players really have appreciated our support during harder times, but the more we show this, the more determined they become. I think this showed after the Warrington game, and I also pointed out that I always feel that we always have a good chance to get a result even when we go a goal down, that we will come back into the game.

Phil said the more backing we give them when things are not going well, the more the players will keep their heads up. You only have to remember what happened to Shaw Lane after they had equalized, after half time. We responded to that goal of Simon's and look what happened!!

Phil said the players thrive and feed off our enthusiasm, we need to keep playing our part and I am sure the season will end as we want it to. Great support this season, I am proud to be part of our fan base and club. The club and team need all our backing at this crucial time of the season.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:19:17 AM by Steve from Sale »

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 07:25:17 AM »

One point Phil did make which was important was the way we have recently been applauding the players even when they lose. Understandably at times we have turned our backs on them, especially after what has happened previously over the last couple of years. Phil said the players really have appreciated our support during harder times, but the more we show this, the more determined they become. I think this showed after the Warrington game, and I also pointed out that I always feel that we always have a good chance to get a result even when we go a goal down, that we will come back into the game.

Phil said the more backing we give them when things are not going well, the more the players will keep their heads up. You only have to remember what happened to Shaw Lane after they had equalized, after half time. We responded to that goal of Simon's and look what happened!!

Phil said the players thrive and feed off our enthusiasm, we need to keep playing our part and I am sure the season will end as we want it to. Great support this season, I am proud to be part of our fan base and club. The club and team need all our backing at this crucial time of the season.

Well that bit is in no way true, but ok. The support this season has been good for this level but it can hardly be considered “great” when our crowds are down huge amounts, the atmosphere is terrible and people are staying away because they want nothing to do with the current chairman.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 07:26:32 AM »

Excellent news. Very impressed with our management team, from the style of football to way players are not rushed back from injury. A vast improvement from what has gone on before.
Full time and proud of it

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 08:01:40 AM »

This is just in response to the atmosphere at games point. I have only been to away games based in the Midlands. The atmosphere there has been great with players and fans clearly connecting. For me it has been an absolute pleasure to be an Alty supporter. Winning them all has helped but there has been real encouragement from the fans.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »

Excellent news, what a fantastic job PP, NS and the whole squad of staff and players are doing. Keep it up please  8)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »

Fantastic news, they have done a grand job this year getting us our self respect back

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »

Great news for the club. I have been impressed not only with Phil but also with Neil. I have been told by a couple of people who have watched Neil coach and he is suppose to be excellent.
I watched the live stream and I was happy with everything that was said.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »

Great news on the management staying on next season.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 12:00:46 PM »

Fantastic news!
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »

Very good news . Great to have them on board for next seaosn
ParkINson's red and white army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »

Very good news . Great to have them on board for next seaosn
Blimey are they on the board now too?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team