News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Website

Author Topic: Website  (Read 3231 times)

Bonzo

Website
« on: March 30, 2018, 12:17:15 PM »

I note from the report of last nights meeting Bill Waterson wants to "deliver a Premier League website" next season. I hope that he doesn't mean that literally ! Have you seen Premier League teams websites ? Just full of adverts, and club speak news.

The present website deservers to be praised to the moon and back. How many other club websites either league or non league come anywhere close to current Altrincham one ?

I hope any revamped website does not loose us the current news - either good or bad, plus news of past players, managers etc who have been connected with the club. Plus, news what is happening at other clubs in our league, and their reactions to our matches. It is always of interest "the view from the other side".

John Laidlar must put a hell of a lot of hard work into the website, and I hope that was acknowledged last night, as well as his work on match day updates which is a very useful link for us "Alty in exile"!

Perhaps one day with PP in charge we will match BW's Premier League website with aleague position to match !!

Onward and upward.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Website
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 05:19:17 PM »

The news gathering of the Altrincham FC website is second to none. It doesn't bother me that the site still looks like it did in 1999.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:23:33 PM »

We’ve purchased altrinchamfc.com and the new website will be developed on that. altrinchamfc.co.uk will stand alone as an archive, untouched for all to browse.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »

There is far too much news, and currently not formatted correctly. I hope we have a non league round up condensing the current information into a better format.
It's all my fault.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

There is far too much news, and currently not formatted correctly. I hope we have a non league round up condensing the current information into a better format.
Format’s fine for me. You read one word after the other, from left to right. Simples. Technology for technology’s sake is often counter-productive.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »

Pieces of news need placing into separate standalone article pages, rather than the current scrollable stream of text. Reason being - in stream format all of the links we post out to info no longer work after a day or two as the info moves down the page.

There are a whole host of functionality and responsiveness iissues that need addressing but it does no good to sit and list them on here - I’d much rather acknowledge the fantastic work John has done for the club over the course of his tenure, delivering A1 content on such a tireless basis, and get on with working towards building on his foundations to deliver a more functional website.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »

Format’s fine for me. You read one word after the other, from left to right. Simples. Technology for technology’s sake is often counter-productive.

Well said! It's a very easy website to use and keeps us very well informed. If it's not broke then don't fix it!

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »

Well said! It's a very easy website to use and keeps us very well informed. If it's not broke then don't fix it!
100% agreed. For someone like me who has only limited technological knowledge, something which is simple to use (which is how I find the current site) yet comprehensive in content for my purposes is fine. Change for change's sake is undesirable.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »

100% agreed. For someone like me who has only limited technological knowledge, something which is simple to use (which is how I find the current site) yet comprehensive in content for my purposes is fine. Change for change's sake is undesirable.

Also agreed. I was speaking to a neutral fan at the Halesowen match who said, unprompted, what a good website it was. When I mentioned some say it looks a little old-fashioned, he said he was interested in the content, not how it looks.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 11:06:36 PM »

I haven't read this thread as too much is going on but the website is perfect and easy to navigate. The mobile website is spot on and doesn't need amending. Rather employ someone to help with the pitch than website.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 12:38:55 AM »

I haven't read this thread as too much is going on but the website is perfect and easy to navigate. The mobile website is spot on and doesn't need amending. Rather employ someone to help with the pitch than website.

In hand - see my post on the "covers" thread. All discussed on Thursday night.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »

I’ve got sympathy with both viewpoints on here.

Whilst the content on our site is undoubtedly second to none and has been for years, there is no doubt when compared to most other clubs at our level the lay out and style does appear to be very dated and has problems with links etc as said below. As we know Andrew and Jack have done a brilliant job with our social media so I’d be trusting their judgement a bit more when it comes to the website.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »

I’ve got sympathy with both viewpoints on here.

Whilst the content on our site is undoubtedly second to none and has been for years, there is no doubt when compared to most other clubs at our level the lay out and style does appear to be very dated and has problems with links etc as said below. As we know Andrew and Jack have done a brilliant job with our social media so I’d be trusting their judgement a bit more when it comes to the website.

Totally agree. I don't think anyone can dispute the tremendous amount of work that John Laidlar puts into it either.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Website