PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread MATCH OFF
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread MATCH OFF  (Read 9704 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:56 PM »

Shaw lane AQUAFORCE  19/10
Draw 31/10
Altrincham 10/11

Hope some of the walking wounded can return on Thursday
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:30:26 PM by Carrots 🥕 »

andrewflynn

Re: Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »

We'll sh*t um.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Desperately need Hampson or White to play.

Alty 3-0. All scored in the 2nd half by 3 different heros.

Full time and proud of it

Matt Taylor

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »

It would obviously be better to start with proper full backs in their proper positions if we can. But I wouldn’t rush anyone back on Thursday before they are ready, for what will likely be the easiest of the 3 quickfire away games. Albeit all against teams in poor form.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »

It would obviously be better to start with proper full backs in their proper positions if we can. But I wouldn’t rush anyone back on Thursday before they are ready, for what will likely be the easiest of the 3 quickfire away games. Albeit all against teams in poor form.

I must admit I think Lancaster may be the hardest of the three.....I seem to think our record there is less than inspiring (Mike Garnett may prove me wrong).

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 07:31:20 AM »

I must admit I think Lancaster may be the hardest of the three.....I seem to think our record there is less than inspiring (Mike Garnett may prove me wrong).
Overall record at Lancaster - played 20, won 5, drawn 6, lost 9, scored 26, conceded 30. I think you have a point.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 09:08:21 AM »

Overall record at Lancaster - played 20, won 5, drawn 6, lost 9, scored 26, conceded 30. I think you have a point.
Thanks Mike.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 09:47:19 AM »

See there is a pitch inspection at Athersley Rec today
Full time and proud of it

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 09:48:09 AM »

Thanks Mike.

I wonder if Lee Poland is available

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »

Can't understand why everyone seems to think Thursday will be easy (if it goes ahead!)
Bog of a pitch against agricultural hoofballers is the worst case scenario for a team attempting to play passing football without a longball plan B.
Truly hope I'm spectacularly wrong!!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Matt Taylor

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 11:39:53 AM »

Can't understand why everyone seems to think Thursday will be easy (if it goes ahead!)
Bog of a pitch against agricultural hoofballers is the worst case scenario for a team attempting to play passing football without a longball plan B.
Truly hope I'm spectacularly wrong!!  ;)

Probably because we’ve just easily beaten the same “agricultural hoofballers” 5-1 on our own bog of a pitch. And, because since the start of March their league record reads W1 L6 (the solitary win coming against Sutton Coldfield).
We might play better when everything is in our favour, but that’s the same for any team. You don’t get to April, after a relatively wet winter, as long-time league leaders with zero ability to adapt to different conditions.

There are no guarantees in football, but personally I’d consider it a bit of an upset if we didn’t win should the game go ahead tomorrow.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 01:14:13 PM »

Pitch Update: Groundshare hosts Athersley Rec have had their game tonight postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. We will hold a pitch inspection tomorrow ahead of our game against @altrinchamfc Time to be confirmed.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 01:16:56 PM »

It’s actually good news that, it’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow and that pitch has not been able to take two games quickly all season

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »

Aquofforce.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 04:19:54 PM »

Aquoffarce.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team